Mytouch 4G Otter box

Search This thread
T

TacoSandwich85

Ordered one last Saturday and will post my opinion once it comes in. Hopefully soon! ;) it should go nice with the new replacement that I received today ;P

Also bought a new OEM battery door so hopefully I can manage to keep my phone clean until both items come!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

EDIT: Just got my Otterbox and installed it in less than 15 minutes but would have taken maybe 7 min if I wasn't so OCD :). It had to be perfect! I haven't installed many screen protectors but all the ones I have were really difficult, this one was incredibly easy and doesn't pick up a lot of lint even if you mess up a few times LOL! Now to the important part, the case is amazing, it is a little slippery but the phone feels fantastic. My next phone will definitely be protected with Otterbox!

Last edited:

y2k1ltd

Mar 24, 2007
Just got mine as well. Found mine on eBay for $25 shipped. Best of all it came with the Seidio holster. HOOAH!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

The 4th Derivative

Jun 19, 2011
Dallas
I need to get the most heavy-duty-uber-protective-bulletproof-nuclearblastproof-cancercuring case possible for my brother. He compulsively throws his phone around and I looked at it yesterday and it looks like it was run over by an 18 wheeler. SO, I've been looking at the otterbox and the Trident cases but which offers more protection? I know people complain about the lint-catching capabilities of the otterbox but do tridents have the same issue? I gave him an extra TPU case that I have but I highly doubt it will protect his poor phone for long...

So which is better: otterbox, trident aegis, trident cyclops, other?
thanks in advance from me and my brothers poor, abused phone

y2k1ltd

Mar 24, 2007
I need to get the most heavy-duty-uber-protective-bulletproof-nuclearblastproof-cancercuring case possible for my brother. He compulsively throws his phone around and I looked at it yesterday and it looks like it was run over by an 18 wheeler. SO, I've been looking at the otterbox and the Trident cases but which offers more protection? I know people complain about the lint-catching capabilities of the otterbox but do tridents have the same issue? I gave him an extra TPU case that I have but I highly doubt it will protect his poor phone for long...

I would say the trident cyclops. The aegis and Otterbox have less protection for the front of the device. They both cover the same area as the TPU case. The cyclops has more coverage on the front. Search for the pics of each to see the differences.

Reactions: The 4th Derivative

The 4th Derivative

Jun 19, 2011
Dallas
I would say the trident cyclops. The aegis and Otterbox have less protection for the front of the device. They both cover the same area as the TPU case. The cyclops has more coverage on the front. Search for the pics of each to see the differences.

I did research and concluded that the otterbox was probably the worst of the three but wasnt sure if the aegis or cyclops were better. Ive heard that the cyclops comes apart easily though. Has anyone had issues with this? I read that the outer silicon part is floppy and loose

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
EDIT: Just got my Otterbox and installed it in less than 15 minutes but would have taken maybe 7 min if I wasn't so OCD :). It had to be perfect! I haven't installed many screen protectors but all the ones I have were really difficult, this one was incredibly easy and doesn't pick up a lot of lint even if you mess up a few times LOL! Now to the important part, the case is amazing, it is a little slippery but the phone feels fantastic. My next phone will definitely be protected with Otterbox!
I keep thinking I should get one. Thus far, I've stuck with no case or screen protector and kept it in the T-Moible Leather Sleeve. Mainly because the leather sleeve protects the screen so well when not in use, and I'm not a fan of the clear plastic screen protectors I'd have to use with the Otterbox.

Nicgraner

Dec 14, 2010
Dripping Springs
I keep thinking I should get one. Thus far, I've stuck with no case or screen protector and kept it in the T-Moible Leather Sleeve. Mainly because the leather sleeve protects the screen so well when not in use, and I'm not a fan of the clear plastic screen protectors I'd have to use with the Otterbox.

I don't have the screen protector on mine, just the case and its great. I was putting in some stairs to get to my attic and the phone fell from the second floor down to the concrete garage floor and it was ok :D :cool:

yungtexas

Jul 1, 2010
I did research and concluded that the otterbox was probably the worst of the three but wasnt sure if the aegis or cyclops were better. Ive heard that the cyclops comes apart easily though. Has anyone had issues with this? I read that the outer silicon part is floppy and loose

It gets floppy and loose...I've been using it for awhile now but I don't use it anymore...I went back to the gel case it came with

Sent from my My Touch 4G using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.