[THEME][5/7] Transparent Google Play Shop-3.5.16

Search This thread

pauldiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Karlsruhe
thank you.now I only need to know which heap size to set in order to decompile the app properly.
never mind,just figured it out.set it to 80.

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
pendo if you get time could you do a quick transparent blue 3.7.13
id just like to see if it works on the rom in my sig
cause i cant seem to get the transparent 3.7.13 one from paul to be transparent
and i just curious if it will work

Thanks

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Hey Pendo how are you doing?

1st-off: thanks for all your good work again - your Market looks awesome and I keep bragging about to my gf with her un-rooted One-X ;-P

If you don't mind, I would have another general demand to formulate: would it be possible for you to mod the v3.4.7 for the 'no country/no device restriction' workaround? I've already did the no-autoupdate myself and been using it since April but I can't figure out how to apply that other mod.

The reason(s) why I prefer to use that older version is that [like mentioned here] v3.4.7 is the last available version that allows Titanium Backup to control the Market links in the application. I don't know if that's the truth or not, but nevertheless, I prefer that older version anyway because I do not like to have a place where I can see each and every apps that I ever installed on my phone listed. I don't need all the other extra crap that Google keeps adding in either...

Anyhow, that is my "please, pretty please" request to you. If you don't feel like it or don't know how: no biggie; I'll keep digging around and might find out how to do it. But if you do, it would make my day big time! - living here behind the Geat firewall, I gotta fight those restriction out...

Cheers and thanks again.

/AL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5/6 - Fixed theming on the "add credit card" page.

TransBluePhonesky3.5.16-rev3-signed.zip

5/1 - small tweak....updated to show all apps, regardles of dpi setting. Also by popular request, the auto update is killed. :D

This one is a little different in that I've left the name as Phonesky.apk and it will flash to /system/app. If you're replacing another one that's installed as Vending.apk, you'll need to delete that or else you won't notice any change. Oh...one more thing...it is *significantly* larger than the stock version. This is due to all my added images, particularly for xhdpi devices.

TransBluePhonesky-3.5.16-signed.zip

4/9-Updated to 3.5.16.

Took a while to get things sorted out where they look right (mostly) with ics. It's not quite as clean as my previous versions as there's some graphics I'd like to rework, but it's not too bad.

Same as usual, here's a zip to flash in recovery:

-->TransBlueGooglePlay3.5.16-signed.zip<--

...and if you want to go back, here's a zip with an unmodified market:

GooglePlay3.5.16-stock-signed.zip

Remember, my update script will place Vending.apk in you /system/app directory. So if you were updated from 3.5.15 you'll need to remove /data/app/com.android.vending-1.apk by uninstalling updates or removing via adb or root explorer. Also, I noticed that in the new ics rom they've called it Phonesky.apk when it's initially installed in /system/app. (The package name in the Manifest is still com.android.vending though)

UPDATE 3/24

Here's the newest apk with my well known theme. There were several changes to the layout files this time, including many new layout files...so please let me know if you see any inconsistencies or areas that I missed.

FLASH IN RECOVERY

-->TransBlueGooglePlay-3.5.15-signed.zip<--

If you wish to revert, here's the unmodified market, also in a recovery zip:

GooglePlay-3.5.15-stock-signed.zip

As usual, please make sure you don't have any version of the market installed in /data/app/. If you do, please uninstall updates in the application management section. The zips will place Vending.apk in /system/app.

Once again, I want to say I really appreciate all of the compliments I've received on the meager contributions I've posted. It's hard to believe I've been doing this for over a year and a half now.....coming from absolutely zero experience, I've learned a lot from this place and it's nice to be able to give back a little.:)

3/17

I've updated for the new Play Shop. It looks the same...or well it's supposed to anyway. If I get some time I might play around with my button dimensions/layout a little bit.

Here's a zip to flash in recovery:

TransBlueMarket-3.4.7-signed.zip

12/27 - Fixed a couple small text color issues, otherwise the same. Link updated below.

12/22 - Update to 3.4.4

Flash in recovery. Updater-script installs in the /system/app directory so don't forget to uninstall updates in settings if you have been OTA updated to 3.4.4. As always, please let me know of any issues anyone runs into.

TransMarket-3.4.4bl-v2-signed.zip

12/8 - Update to 3.3.12

I fixed a couple small detail items that weren't 100% in the previous version. I think it's working pretty good on the N1 at least. Tablets still have some work to do. Mdpi should be good to go as well. Let me know if there's any problems.

Hope to work on the green one soon...

TransMarket-3.3.12bl-signed.zip

Update for 3.3.11:-FIXED 12/5 (will update to newer versions soon)
    For now it's just the blue trimmed version. I would like to get the others up as well, but I've had several requests to extend this onto mdpi screens as well, so that's next on the agenda.

Flash in Recovery

TransMarket-3.3.11bl-signed.zip

Please ensure you've uninstalled updates or otherwise removed all com.android.vending.apk entries from data/app, as this zip will place Vending in your /system/app directory.

9/25 Update to 3.1.5

Ok, finally got my theme ported into 3.1.5. I'll admit that this hasn't been real thoroughly tested, but so far so good for me. The themes are almost exactly like before...it's not identical, but it would be very hard to tell the small changes that were made.

FLASH IN RECOVERY
    Blue trim-TransMarket_3.1.5bl-signed.zip

Green trim-TransMarket_3.1.5gr-signed.zip

*These will flash to /system/app directory. It is very likely that you were silently updated to 3.1.5 and therefore have the apk in /data/app. If the Market is not themed after flash, go to settings>applications>manage applications>select "All" tab and scroll down to Market. Select uninstall updates.

Original stock market: AndroidMarket_3.1.5-stock-signed.zip

==========================================================

UPDATE 8/27

After some work, I have finally got the update to 3.1.3 done. At first glance I assumed it would be an easy update....wrong. There were a couple smali files that were straight copies, but most were not, requiring me to go through them again and in a couple cases make new additional edits. I *think* I've got everything now though. Please let me know of any errors you find.

I've made a couple slight color variations this time. Nothing major, just trimmings mostly like buttons, loading spinners, progressbars etc. The default category colors for apps/games, books, and movies remain. The screenshots from below from the previous version should be almost exactly the same as what you'll find in the new blue version.

As before, this uses the original signing certs, so I don't expect anyone will have any conflicts.

FLASH IN RECOVERY
    TransMarket-3.1.3blue-available now for testing

TransMarket-3.1.3green

Original unmodified Market, also in a recovery zip-- Vending-3.1.3-original.zip

==========================================================

Hello again everyone....yes I'm still here.:) I know I originally said I wasn't planning on theming this market, but I was asked by another member to help him with his, so through that process I started tinkering again. In my opinion the layout of this app doesn't lend itself well to a transparent theme, but it did turn out better than I expected. Had to dig around in smali quite a bit more than usual, too.

I had long ago decided to keep the color coordination going. I think that added a nice touch to the app. That actually was one thing that took a bit of time cause I really wanted to keep the color matching consistent. There are a couple additions that kind of buck that rule...most of my buttons are blue, and the progressbar and progressbar_indeterminate are blue in sections.

**This looks best over darker wallpapers. The text colors are designed as such**

Here's some screenshot's:

3.0.27-sample1.png
    3.0.27-sample2.png
    3.0.27-sample3.png
    3.0.27-sample4.png

Please do let me know of any omissions that you find. I'm sure that I've missed a few things as I didn't look at every page. Oh, and this isn't resigned so there shouldn't be any FC issues like in previous editions. The only time (times, lol) I had an FC was when I broke something in smali. :D

Thanks for looking!!

FLASH IN RECOVERY
    Trans-Market_3.0.27-v1.0.zip

8/10: Here's the stock, unmodified market. Also in a flash zip: Vending_3.0.27-stock.zip
    op updated with 3.5.15
    OK....I've spent quite a bit of time on the update, and I think I've got the bulk of it done. But I could use some help to find what all I've missed and/or what else needs attention. I need to take a break from this for a day or two also. :eek:

So I'm going to call this one a beta, although that might be a bit generous lol. This is what would be considered the blue trim version, although as most of you know my themed market retains most of the stock colors. The Staff Picks and Editors Choice still have green backgrounds. From what I can tell these might be downloaded on the fly, but I'm not sure. After a long night working on this, I might've just missed it somewhere. Mdpi is still not themed yet.

Please report back with any issues/oversights.

FLASH IN RECOVERY
    TransMarket-3.3.11bl-beta2-signed.zip
    xmas1.gif
    3.4.4 is up
    xmas2.gif

Apologies for the tardiness in the update...aside from the usual distractions this time of year I've been working on a small project for Galaxy Nexus.

But I did manage to make it before Christmas, lol. Hopefully this one can last a little longer than 3.3.12 did. (fat chance, I know...)
    Updated op with 3.3.12.

Enjoy, and thanks. :)