[Q] Note 2 Rooted & Unlocked, Factory Reset?

Search This thread

IctinikeOH

Jun 11, 2010
Hey all, sorry as I'm in a pinch and I've been searching XDA and other sites but have a limited time frame (sorry again)

Just picked up the Note 3 and my wife is getting my Note 2. We had to swap SIM and things at Verizon for the alternate upgrade stuff to work so we both have new SIM's and I want to wipe the Note 2 clean so she can start anew.

I have backed up everything using a few apps and was going to hit the Factory Reset but read this can screw with root and bootloader.

I just want the OS to be refreshed and clean but maintain root and unlocked. Would a Android Settings->Factory Reset be the right way or just go through TWRP and wipe the partitions be the best?

I rooted using the method by Adam for the root and unlock but have no custom ROM. Basically did it so I could do backups, update the multi-window to support more apps than Verizon allowed, etc.

Sorry to be in a short panic as I'm one to research the heck out of things before moving forward but this was a on the spot birthday purchase and now have to get her back up and online.

Thanks in advance!
~Richard

nikhil.kdhand

Jun 3, 2013
hyderabad
Hey all, sorry as I'm in a pinch and I've been searching XDA and other sites but have a limited time frame (sorry again)

Just picked up the Note 3 and my wife is getting my Note 2. We had to swap SIM and things at Verizon for the alternate upgrade stuff to work so we both have new SIM's and I want to wipe the Note 2 clean so she can start anew.

I have backed up everything using a few apps and was going to hit the Factory Reset but read this can screw with root and bootloader.

I just want the OS to be refreshed and clean but maintain root and unlocked. Would a Android Settings->Factory Reset be the right way or just go through TWRP and wipe the partitions be the best?

I rooted using the method by Adam for the root and unlock but have no custom ROM. Basically did it so I could do backups, update the multi-window to support more apps than Verizon allowed, etc.

Sorry to be in a short panic as I'm one to research the heck out of things before moving forward but this was a on the spot birthday purchase and now have to get her back up and online.

Thanks in advance!
~Richard

Hi Richard,

I dont think that anything will happen to bootloader or root. can you go ahead and clean the phone.

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
chat: nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com

Reactions: IctinikeOH

IctinikeOH

Jun 11, 2010
Thanks mate.. I've not moved on it yet as she's OK with having all my apps and stuff for now, lol..

I think I'll just try to read up more and as I said that 1 post I read where it was removing root and I thought somehow got into a boot-loop because of unauth'ed software worried me a bit.

Thanks again and see what the evening brings in the way of other possible replies.

Cheers! :)

IctinikeOH

Jun 11, 2010
Ok so not more replies.. not sure and maybe it's some unusual question or I posed it wrong..

Thanks thought, I'll try a factory reset today and see how it comes out but dreading any problems.

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Is there a way to unroot vzw note 2 im running 4.3
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IctinikeOH

Jun 11, 2010

Go ahead and do the reset, you won't loose root or lock the bootloader.

Thanks.. with that second confirmation I went, albeit a bit worried, and did the factory reset.

All is well and other than the Avast Theft module I had installed as root prior, which promptly alerted the phone had been stolen and scaring the willies out of the wife; it worked as I had hoped.

Thanks everyone/xda! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!
    ~Richard

Hi Richard,

I dont think that anything will happen to bootloader or root. can you go ahead and clean the phone.

Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
    chat: nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com
    Ok so not more replies.. not sure and maybe it's some unusual question or I posed it wrong..

Thanks thought, I'll try a factory reset today and see how it comes out but dreading any problems.

Go ahead and do the reset, you won't loose root or lock the bootloader.