[Q] Losing init.d support

Search This thread

infinite.galaxi

Feb 5, 2014
Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.

infinite.galaxi

Feb 5, 2014
Because I was losing the governors I thought somehow the kernel itself was being replaced somehow. Upon further inspection, I found that the governors and schedulers were actually an init.d script with library modules (which makes sense considering they were lost with init.d). After some trial and error I discovered that upon updating the included busybox (1.21.0) with busybox pro to the xbin or bin folder I will lose init.d support. Really curious as to why that is. Anything to do with symlinks?

St.Noigel

Mar 7, 2013
Ivano-Frankivsk
Xt907 rooted. Ss installed. I created a rom slot, backed up, and installed to stock slot.

Everything works fine but after a few reboots I lose init.d. I'm using rage-m, I update busybox and supersu after every install, and i use xposed (xblast, gravity box, and xui).

Any ideas? I lose the custom governors and schedulers as well.

You can try to install Pimp my ROM and turn init.d on

infinite.galaxi

Feb 5, 2014
It seems that Busybox 1.22.1 is the culprit. Reverting to 1.21.1 leaves init.d intact. Thanks ^ tho pimp my rom looks cool. I want dat Bravia doe. v4a ftw!