Android taking longer and longer to boot, up to 3 mins now - Help

Search This thread

Cass1977

Nov 18, 2013
Hi

Ive got a (alleged) superpad 10 (Its an rk3188, 1Gb Ram, 16Gb drive, rooted with 4.2.2. No REAL Idea what Chinese brand or model it is). Its rooted and running cwm. When I first got it it took just over a minute to boot up, but, over time its taking longer and longer. Its now up to 3 mins.

I have installed a launcher (Nova) and a few other apps but nothing different to what ive installed on other tabs and they have never suffered from this. Ive tried disabling all the user apps from running on boot and some system ones but still the same. Tried removing the sd card, no change. I am running app2sd but no apps that run on boot or use widgets have been moved and all run on internal memory. I have init.d support but not running any scripts.

Im stumped now. I have no more ideas of what to do. Can anyone think of anything else that might cause the boot process to slow down? Its definatly software related as if I flash the rom it all goes back to normal. I doubt its specific to my hardware but maybe my rom? Im using the stock rom that came with it but as the guys it came from were D***s, I cant even find the real model! Its very new as the kernel was built in December 2013 and I havent seen any of these on eBay ;)

Any help would be much appreciated as its driving me mad now.

Cheers
Chris