FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT][[2.2+][15.1.0] OPG Pro is not only battery saver.

1,224 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,011

Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2013, 02:22 PM |#21  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_nidas

ESET .. I ignore this

Interesting, got the same... why should this app come up on the ESET Mobile Security threat list as a potentially unwanted app -

"Onexuan.A
OnePowerGuardPro
Category: Potentially unwanted application"?

What has the developer been doing with this to warrant it as being unwanted? I don't ignore this... until I get a good explanation.

29th November 2013, 03:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
The german translation is sometimes not really good, so i can not understand what the option is going to do. Could you give me a hint how to change the language of the app? I will try to help you with the translation (english-german)
29th November 2013, 03:08 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Refund request
Hi,
I purchased all the pro features via Paypal, but, after trying them, I'm not satisfied with the result (system freezes and instability).
I'd like to have a refund. How to proceed?
Kind regards
29th November 2013, 03:12 PM |#24  
Flag Oneonta,New York
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbsoft.

Interesting, got the same... why should this app come up on the ESET Mobile Security threat list as a potentially unwanted app -

"Onexuan.A
OnePowerGuardPro

What has the developer been doing with this to warrant it as being unwanted? I don't ignore this... until I get a good explanation.

Anti virus apps are a waste of space. Totally useless.

☞Owner/Operator Samsung E4GT running Dirty Unicorns 4.3.1 Powered by Blasphemy!

We were born in a time where if something was broken we would fix it and not just throw it away
29th November 2013, 03:40 PM |#25  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowbarr

Anti virus apps are a waste of space. Totally useless.

Your opinion, not mine (or leo_nidas's, it would seem).

I'd still like an explanation of why it is being flagged - the very fact that it IS being flagged also shows that the app's are not necessarily "a waste of space". Given that a reported 80% of mobile malware is said to target Android, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Oh, and being pedantic, this is showing as an unwanted, i.e. potentially trojan, app and not a virus, which raises a different set of questions.
29th November 2013, 07:12 PM |#26  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 875

Donate to Me
More
Well the OP did say it was a script based app and requires root, both things that could potential set off a "anti-virus" app since they both have the ability to change things in /system, which in the wrong hands COULD be potential dangerous. Anti-virus apps ARE useless as there are no viruses that are floating around on Android nor any reports of the like. Now, there can be malware, which is certainly not a good thing, but the permissions and the like needed don't look like anything suspicious and the app has been around long enough that if there were an issue than most likely Google would have booted it by now.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabfor

Hi,
I purchased all the pro features via Paypal, but, after trying them, I'm not satisfied with the result (system freezes and instability).
I'd like to have a refund. How to proceed?
Kind regards

You could help yourself and the community by seeing if the developer can help troubleshoot why his app isn't working 100% with your set up. This could be something incredibly simple that will make it work beautifully for your phone/tablet, or it might not actually work, but logcats will help tell the story either way and it's possible that if he can help yours, then that same issue might be solved for others.
29th November 2013, 07:37 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
payment problem
Hi . i live in Lebanon and don't have pay pal account, i have to pay with a credit card but my country don't appear on the country lists . What can i do ?
29th November 2013, 09:31 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
one more question: does OPG change kernel values permanently or just for current session until next reboot?

Because I would like to uninstall this app for now until the bugs mentioned above are fixed. Please tell me that it will restore system default values after I uninstall it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
29th November 2013, 09:43 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Refund request
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

You could help yourself and the community by seeing if the developer can help troubleshoot why his app isn't working 100% with your set up. This could be something incredibly simple that will make it work beautifully for your phone/tablet, or it might not actually work, but logcats will help tell the story either way and it's possible that if he can help yours, then that same issue might be solved for others.

Yes I could help myself and the community and I usually do but I don't have the time atm.

Given the not-so-low price, the good presentation by xda portal and the sensational title of this thread, I expected a working app out-of-the-box.
If not in terms of performance, surely in terms of stability.

If you can revoke me the features I bought, please let me know how to get a refund.
Sorry if I'm not available for troubleshooting.

Let me know here or by email (I wrote at contact@onexuan.com)
29th November 2013, 10:09 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbsoft.

"Onexuan.A
OnePowerGuardPro

Hi this is a false positive, because this app need some Permissions to manage android hardware like wifi, Bluetooth ect, you can see the right sliding list. I will report a false positive to ESET Mobile Security

Did we spend so much time writing a virus? We took a long time to write documents, applications and websites.
Just for a virus?
29th November 2013, 10:13 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic

Hi onexuan,

Bought your app to support your development!

However immediately found some bugs in it v5.0.3:

1. if I set "nothing" in floating window, it will still show on desktop

2. Optimize SDCard in each configuration always minus a few Kb upon saved, eg. in Daily Mode, I saved it at 2072 K (not sure why I can't scroll to 2048, very unfriendly scroll method....) and then saved. The next time I go into Daily Mode, I will find the value to be 2030 K and saved again, the next time I get 2000 K and so on.

3. Why it's always "Not Configured" in other modes (not the one I applied), since I already configured and saved the config. I prefer you have it labeled as "Saved" and the current config to be "Applied". Does this make more sense?

4. When I exit (by keep pressing back), seems like your app won't exit properly, is the foreground app should be close and the "service" should be running in background instead? Just my 2cent.

5. After I upgraded, The "Upgrade" wording still on the left panel, my suggestion is to remove/hide it from paid user, what do you think?

6. Can it auto detect my governor, as I'm using Devil's kernel which does not have say Powersave Gorvernor then I do not know which one I use, can I simply use the default governor of Devil's kernel? Does it have same effect (Powersave, Daily Mode, etc) if not using the recommended Governor?

FYI I'm using it on my Note 2 (N7100) with Supreme ROM v4.0 (JB 4.3 TouchWiz based, deodexed)

Hope my info helps! Thanks in advance!

OK I will fix some bugs as soon as possible, Great feedback!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, battery, one power guard, onepowerguard pro, saver

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)