[GUIDES/INFO] Important Info for A2017U - Root - Bootloader Unlock - TWRP - Xposed

Search This thread
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

BEFORE YOU GO AHEAD AND INTEND TO DO ANY OF THE LINK BELOW, PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND, READ IT AGAIN IF POSSIBLE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING OR YOU'LL ENDED UP WITH A MAYOR ISSUES /PHONE PROBLEMS, NO BOOT, SOFTBRICKS, UNUSED DEVICE AND DON'T I REPEAT DON'T BLAME TO OP'S BUT TO YOUR SELF.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. AND WANT TO UN-ROOT DON'T TRY ANY PROCEDURE TILL WE GET SOME FACTORY IMAGES.

- IF YOU HAVEN'T CREATE A BACKUP USING TWRP WHILE YOUR DEVICE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL , YOU MUST CREATE ONE RIGHT NOW BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANYTHING ELSE AND COPY YOUR BACKUP TO YOUR PC / LAPTOP / PORTABLE DRIVE / FLASHDRIVE / ETC,ETC KEEP IT SAFE IT MAY SAFE YOU A HASSLE DOWN THE LINE -

UPDATE : - 12/14/2016 - I'LL BE REDOING ALL THIS GUIDE / INFO THREAD WITH MORE UP-TO-DATE GUIDES, THE OLD GUIDES STILL HERE " CLICK SHOW MORE ", BUT BE AWARE OF SOME OF THEM ARE OUTDATED.

Hi A7 Users.
The only reason i'm creating this Thread is to have a single thread with all the Important information / guides for our device so please let's keep it clean...

P.S. i know English is not my main language ,so bare with me here :D and let's get it started .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need Root without having your Bootloader Unlock?? no problem @tenfar here have your back
Root without Bootloader Unlock - Download File and Guide

NOTE : Root Guide is for all variants (A2017 , A2017U , A2017G )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you in B18? and haven't updated to Stock B20? No Worries here is the OTA flashable via Stock Recovery
update_P996A01_B18_to_B20_ssl.zip

NOTE : THIS IS ONLY IF YOU STILL ON B18 and contains B20 Stock Fastboot.img file as well :D

Bootloader Unlock General Info - Q/A - Files - Steps
Bootloader Unlock OTA by @jkuczera - Download and Guide

TWRP Custom Recovery General Info Q/A - Files - Steps
Custom Recovery by @Unjustified Dev - Download and Guide

NOTE : USE NEW BUILD TWRP_3.0.2-2 Everything works included EFS partition backup and restore , tested myself

SuperSU Working Root via TWRP - Thank You @B4oE for finding out a working SuperSu version
UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-2015 by @Chainfire (Thank you for your Hardwork)

Xposed (IF YOU ARE SYSTEMLESS ROOT , THIS WILL BRAKE SYSTEMLESS)
Go Here or scroll down to look for link and download files

Make Root Changes Persistent after Reboot, Thank You @goalkeepr for finding it
Make Root Changes Persistent after Reboot a.k.a Changing DPI, Emoji's and more

You Wipe System by Mistake? no worries here is your solution - thank you @warofhero for the post
thank you @swehes for re-upload a compress system.img back-up file :)

Click here to download the system.img back-up

Or Head over here for an alternative flashable zip way provided by DrakenFX ( don't know who he is :eek: )
Click here to Recover / Restore A2017U To Working Conditions with Root & TWRP Recovery

NOTE : Need to be Decompress, if you want to use it, the zip file is NOT Flashble

Don't like Things about MiFavor? well thanks to @xxBrun0xx you can find a solution to your problem
How to fix MiFavor by xxBrun0xx

Bored seen the same bootanimation everything you reboot you Axon 7, NO PROBLEMA here you can get a new animation for your device :D :p ;) :D
Click here Axon 7 DrakenFX ( me :D ) Bootanimation Collection

I'll be adding/updating this Thread with more important Guides/Info for our device, in this case the A2017U (US variant)

Last edited:
Xposed
(IF YOU ARE SYSTEMLESS ROOT , THIS WILL BRAKE SYSTEMLESS)
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

STEPS :

1- Download XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
NOTE : Any info you need is the Thread

2- Download Xposed flashable zip via TWRP : xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip

3- Reboot to Recovery (TWRP)

4- Once there just Flash " xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip " and Wipe Cache & Dalvik.

NOTE : Once installation is done just reboot and be patient will take a few minutes till the ANDROID UPDATING APP kicks in

5- Now using your favority File explorer go to where the " XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk " is and installed

6- YOUR ARE DONE, TIME TO HAVE FUN :D

You can see at my screen captures running Gravity Box (Status bar + Ram bar + other stuff :p )

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-14-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-17-14-30.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 7,901
  • Screenshot_2016-08-15-16-58-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-16-58-15.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 7,795
Last edited:
USB-OTG Capability and Support Info.

Well here i'm going to add what the ZTE AXON 7 USB-OTG is capable and yes OTG is Supported with our devices....

1- Support USB-Sticks, Thumbdrives, Etc (Check Images below)

2- Support using a PORTABLE DRIVE ( Yeah a 2.5" Hard Drive and is formated with NTFS ) i have never try this before but i bought this little piece of tech. USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter for my USB 3.0 Thumb drives and ended up trying with my Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive and works

The USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter i got is the one below :
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EL4PVFE

3- Seems like DOES support any USB Devices connected via the USB adapter,i tested with my old current wireless mouse and works. (hey still working perfectly and have no need to get another one hehehe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. if anyone have something like this to report that can be use with the Axon 7 please send me a PM with the info :D Thanks.

Attachments

• A7_USB_Devices_Tested.jpg
    A7_USB_Devices_Tested.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 5,253
  • A7_USB_PortableDrive_1TB_Tested.jpg
    A7_USB_PortableDrive_1TB_Tested.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 5,233
Last edited:
Recover / Restore A2017U To Working Conditions with Root & TWRP Recovery

WARNING , WARNING , WARNING
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT MY FAULT IF YOUR DEVICE CAUSES WW-III OR WW-IV OR MAKE THE SUN HOTTER THAN ALREADY IS.

- THIS IS A UNTOUCH-STOCK-B20 SYSTEM & BOOT IMAGES FOR SOFTBRICK / WIFI RECOVERY-FIX -
- OR -
- GET BACK TO STOCK B20 -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- USE ONLY IF YOU HAVE UNLOCK BOOTLOADER -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Untouch-Stock B20 Flashable Zip Provided by DrakenFX :silly:
Untouch-Stock B20 System & Boot Images Provided by @Unjustified Dev
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Download the following files ZTE_A2017U_StockB20U_by_DrakenFX.zip & UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip & A2017_Bootloop_BootFix.zip and Move them to your Interna Storage or SDCard.
2- Boot to TWRP Recovery (Manually or using ADB)
3- Tap WIPE > ADVANCE WIPE > Select Data - Cache - Dalvik Cache - System (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
4- Now Flash ZTE_A2017U_StockB20U_by_DrakenFX.zip( Thanks again @Unjustified Dev )
5- Now Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip
6- Now Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt_zip-BOOTLOOP-FIX-Axon-7-A2016U.zip
7- Reboot System > SLIDE TO REBOOT (You'll probably see a "NO OS INSTALLED" is ok just slide)
- BE PATIENT / DON'T GET SCARE / WORLD WON'T END TODAY AND WAIT -

Hope this help any of the user who requested fix for NO WiFi and / or get back B20 or Just cuz they are SoftBrick (A2017U)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-15-14-36-43.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-15-14-36-43.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 3,343
Last edited:

Jose-MXL

Jul 10, 2014
Hi A7 Users.
I'll be adding/updating this Thread with more important Guides/Info for our device, in this case the A2017U (US variant)

WOW! I am stunned we even got something going on after we got the Boot OTA (B20_boot) rolled for members to play around.

I wouldn't even surprise me if we get an AOSP merge going on in less than a month, BUT, given the irritating and atrocious delay on Axon7 supplies, I don't think it will actually happen in less than a month, when the second waves of gold Axon7s reach users.

reddrago

Sep 15, 2013
WOW! I am stunned we even got something going on after we got the Boot OTA (B20_boot) rolled for members to play around.

I wouldn't even surprise me if we get an AOSP merge going on in less than a month, BUT, given the irritating and atrocious delay on Axon7 supplies, I don't think it will actually happen in less than a month, when the second waves of gold Axon7s reach users.

Yea its surprising how everything just started to get off so quickly. I wasn't even expecting root for a while but this is great. It seems ZTE left alot of the underlying things as stock as possible so might be not too bad for AOSP port, but yea definitely need to start delivering to phones quickly. I really wish they released the full stock ROM files, hope it doesn't take too long and they end up doing it.

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
I believe the second wave it's coming ... at least Newegg it's shipping already not waiting until 9/9 ... I order 3 phones and the 3 already been charge on my credit card ? whit a prior email saying that my order would be processed whit the next 24 - 48 hrs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: psyfer5
I believe the second wave it's coming ... at least Newegg it's shipping already not waiting until 9/9 ... I order 3 phones and the 3 already been charge on my credit card ? whit a prior email saying that my order would be processed whit the next 24 - 48 hrs

Send 1 to @Unjustified Dev so he can start porting CM 13 or Something else or both things LoL, :p :D

P. S. Yeah he have ported CM for other devices, well the ones he uses.

tupirujp

Dec 18, 2010
Send 1 to @Unjustified Dev so he can start porting CM 13 or Something else or both things LoL, [emoji14]:D

P. S. Yeah he have ported CM for other devices, well the ones he uses.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] that would be nice ...
Any ways I'm planing to donate some for him on PayPal once I get the phones root them and make them work ... I have att and my all 3 lines are contrat free that's why I have 3 coming hope he can put some money together from PayPal and get one to help us even more ?

Adiyel

Jun 18, 2014
Thanks for this thread. Man, the development on this phone is moving way faster than I thought. I really have no regrets for buying this instead of the OnePlus 3.

Reactions: XblackdemonX

bkores

Aug 12, 2016
Staten Island, NY
Xposed is not working for me. I flashed the framework through TWRP and wiped the cache and dalvik but when I install the app and open it, it says that the Xposed Framework is not installed. Can someone please help me?

KyJelly69

Apr 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Xposed
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

STEPS :

4- Once there just Flash " xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64.zip " and Wipe Cache & Dalvik.

NOTE : Once installation is done just reboot and be patient will take a few minutes till the ANDROID UPDATING APP kicks in

5- Now using your favority File explorer go to where the " XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk " is and installed

You can see at my screen captures running Gravity Box (Status bar + Ram bar + other stuff :p )
What does this mean?
"(IF YOU ARE SYSTEMLESS ROOT , THIS WILL BRAKE SYSTEMLESS)"
I thought all Marshmellow root was systemless
http://www.howtogeek.com/249162/what-is-systemless-root-on-android-and-why-is-it-better/
What about systemless exposed?
http://www.droidviews.com/install-systemless-xposed-android-devices/
Does this help with that or am I off topic?
http://www.xda-developers.com/use-android-pay-with-xposed-without-rebooting-with-magisk/
I guess i'm just confused about what difference does it matter if I brake systemless or not.

Last edited:

warofhero

Dec 8, 2008
How do you install TWRP? I have an error "FAILED (remote partition flashing is not allowed)". Any ideas?

Ok I found the reason why TWRP was not installed. The bootloader was still locked after I installed the zip file and I didn't see the prompt to unlock it. For those who are having trouble like me, you have to type "fastboot oem unlock" in adb console to get the unlock prompt.

Last edited:

tdgillihan

Jul 10, 2012
Fallbrook, CA
Xposed is not working for me. I flashed the framework through TWRP and wiped the cache and dalvik but when I install the app and open it, it says that the Xposed Framework is not installed. Can someone please help me?
Did you flash SuperSu and verify root before flashing Xposed?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

How do you install TWRP? I have an error "FAILED (remote partition flashing is not allowed)". Any ideas?
Follow the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/axon-7/development/a2017u-twrp-3-0-2-0-touch-recovery-zte-t3439603

bkores

Aug 12, 2016
Staten Island, NY
Did you flash SuperSu and verify root before flashing Xposed?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Follow the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/axon-7/development/a2017u-twrp-3-0-2-0-touch-recovery-zte-t3439603

Yes I already flashed SuperSU and gave it root access

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

OK, so I have a little problem. After I flashed the SuperSU zip, my device for some reason factory reset and with it deleted the TWRP backup in the internal storage, so I could not restore my data. My Axon 7 is now showing the wrong internal storage. It says that there is only 4GB instead of 64GB. I have already factory reset it at least 3 times and it didn't work which means the system itself is corrupt. So can someone please be so kind as to post the system image file that they backed up through TWRP? Thank you.

Last edited:

warofhero

Dec 8, 2008
Ah ****!! I think I just brink my phone. Does anyone has a backup of the phone that I can use to reinstall OS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

BEFORE YOU GO AHEAD AND INTEND TO DO ANY OF THE LINK BELOW, PLEASE READ, UNDERSTAND, READ IT AGAIN IF POSSIBLE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING OR YOU'LL ENDED UP WITH A MAYOR ISSUES /PHONE PROBLEMS, NO BOOT, SOFTBRICKS, UNUSED DEVICE AND DON'T I REPEAT DON'T BLAME TO OP'S BUT TO YOUR SELF.

IF YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. AND WANT TO UN-ROOT DON'T TRY ANY PROCEDURE TILL WE GET SOME FACTORY IMAGES.

- IF YOU HAVEN'T CREATE A BACKUP USING TWRP WHILE YOUR DEVICE IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL , YOU MUST CREATE ONE RIGHT NOW BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANYTHING ELSE AND COPY YOUR BACKUP TO YOUR PC / LAPTOP / PORTABLE DRIVE / FLASHDRIVE / ETC,ETC KEEP IT SAFE IT MAY SAFE YOU A HASSLE DOWN THE LINE -

UPDATE : - 12/14/2016 - I'LL BE REDOING ALL THIS GUIDE / INFO THREAD WITH MORE UP-TO-DATE GUIDES, THE OLD GUIDES STILL HERE " CLICK SHOW MORE ", BUT BE AWARE OF SOME OF THEM ARE OUTDATED.

Hi A7 Users.
    The only reason i'm creating this Thread is to have a single thread with all the Important information / guides for our device so please let's keep it clean...

P.S. i know English is not my main language ,so bare with me here :D and let's get it started .

Need Root without having your Bootloader Unlock?? no problem @tenfar here have your back
    Root without Bootloader Unlock - Download File and Guide

NOTE : Root Guide is for all variants (A2017 , A2017U , A2017G )

Are you in B18? and haven't updated to Stock B20? No Worries here is the OTA flashable via Stock Recovery
    update_P996A01_B18_to_B20_ssl.zip

NOTE : THIS IS ONLY IF YOU STILL ON B18 and contains B20 Stock Fastboot.img file as well :D

Bootloader Unlock General Info - Q/A - Files - Steps
    Bootloader Unlock OTA by @jkuczera - Download and Guide

TWRP Custom Recovery General Info Q/A - Files - Steps
    Custom Recovery by @Unjustified Dev - Download and Guide

NOTE : USE NEW BUILD TWRP_3.0.2-2 Everything works included EFS partition backup and restore , tested myself

SuperSU Working Root via TWRP - Thank You @B4oE for finding out a working SuperSu version
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-2015 by @Chainfire (Thank you for your Hardwork)

Xposed (IF YOU ARE SYSTEMLESS ROOT , THIS WILL BRAKE SYSTEMLESS)
    Go Here or scroll down to look for link and download files

Make Root Changes Persistent after Reboot, Thank You @goalkeepr for finding it
    Make Root Changes Persistent after Reboot a.k.a Changing DPI, Emoji's and more

You Wipe System by Mistake? no worries here is your solution - thank you @warofhero for the post
    thank you @swehes for re-upload a compress system.img back-up file :)

Click here to download the system.img back-up

Or Head over here for an alternative flashable zip way provided by DrakenFX ( don't know who he is :eek: )
    Click here to Recover / Restore A2017U To Working Conditions with Root & TWRP Recovery

NOTE : Need to be Decompress, if you want to use it, the zip file is NOT Flashble

Don't like Things about MiFavor? well thanks to @xxBrun0xx you can find a solution to your problem
    How to fix MiFavor by xxBrun0xx

Bored seen the same bootanimation everything you reboot you Axon 7, NO PROBLEMA here you can get a new animation for your device :D :p ;) :D
    Click here Axon 7 DrakenFX ( me :D ) Bootanimation Collection

Xposed
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

STEPS :

Recover / Restore A2017U To Working Conditions with Root & TWRP Recovery

WARNING , WARNING , WARNING
    DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, NOT MY FAULT IF YOUR DEVICE CAUSES WW-III OR WW-IV OR MAKE THE SUN HOTTER THAN ALREADY IS.

- THIS IS A UNTOUCH-STOCK-B20 SYSTEM & BOOT IMAGES FOR SOFTBRICK / WIFI RECOVERY-FIX -
    - OR -
    - GET BACK TO STOCK B20 -
    - USE ONLY IF YOU HAVE UNLOCK BOOTLOADER -

Untouch-Stock B20 Flashable Zip Provided by DrakenFX :silly:
    Untouch-Stock B20 System & Boot Images Provided by @Unjustified Dev
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Download the following files ZTE_A2017U_StockB20U_by_DrakenFX.zip & UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip & A2017_Bootloop_BootFix.zip and Move them to your Interna Storage or SDCard.
    2- Boot to TWRP Recovery (Manually or using ADB)
    3- Tap WIPE > ADVANCE WIPE > Select Data - Cache - Dalvik Cache - System (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
    4- Now Flash ZTE_A2017U_StockB20U_by_DrakenFX.zip( Thanks again @Unjustified Dev )
    5- Now Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip
    6- Now Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt_zip-BOOTLOOP-FIX-Axon-7-A2016U.zip
    7- Reboot System > SLIDE TO REBOOT (You'll probably see a "NO OS INSTALLED" is ok just slide)
    - BE PATIENT / DON'T GET SCARE / WORLD WON'T END TODAY AND WAIT -

Hope this help any of the user who requested fix for NO WiFi and / or get back B20 or Just cuz they are SoftBrick (A2017U)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    USB-OTG Capability and Support Info.

Well here i'm going to add what the ZTE AXON 7 USB-OTG is capable and yes OTG is Supported with our devices....

1- Support USB-Sticks, Thumbdrives, Etc (Check Images below)

2- Support using a PORTABLE DRIVE ( Yeah a 2.5" Hard Drive and is formated with NTFS ) i have never try this before but i bought this little piece of tech. USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter for my USB 3.0 Thumb drives and ended up trying with my Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Drive and works

The USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter i got is the one below :
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EL4PVFE

3- Seems like DOES support any USB Devices connected via the USB adapter,i tested with my old current wireless mouse and works. (hey still working perfectly and have no need to get another one hehehe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. if anyone have something like this to report that can be use with the Axon 7 please send me a PM with the info :D Thanks.
    Just wanted to say thank you for the guide. Following the instructions carefully, I'm now unlocked, rooted, on B27 stock with Xposed.

My process:
    -started B20 stock on A2017U
    -flashed B20_Boot and unlocked
    -Installed Axon drivers on PC as well as Qualcomm drivers from guide
    -ADB flashed TWRP and SuperSU
    -ADB command for persistent root changes
    -TWRP backup
    -TWRP flashed B27 Bootloader, B27 Stock, then SuperSU again
    -had weird Play Store inaccessible error after many reboots
    -TWRP reflashed B27 Stock and SuperSU, fixed issue
    -TWRP flashed Xposed, set up all my apps
    -TWRP backup, Titanium Backup of all apps

Being on B27 Stock isn't ideal, but seems like the best option right now for retaining most features. Can't wait for a fully functioning stock Android or Cyanogenmod!