FORUMS

[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

335 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,020

By locerra, Senior Member on 12th March 2012, 12:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2012, 09:20 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Finally Way to go buddy.
13th March 2012, 12:36 PM |#22  
Flag Marang
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Waiting for P6800... :)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to faridaizuddin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faridaizuddin Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 02:06 PM |#23  
Flag Rye, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,443

More
Git Hub
Signing up now, will post in my repo today at some point....
13th March 2012, 02:16 PM |#24  
Flag Marang

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk806

Signing up now, will post in my repo today at some point....

Do you mean for P6800?

13th March 2012, 02:33 PM |#25  
Flag Corona, CA
Thanks Meter: 469

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra

I'm curious as to how similar the tab 7+ and 7.7 really are. If they are close enough (which my guess is that they are), then that repo could serve for both (although probably not in the present state). Are you thinking of working on CM9 for your tab?

they are actually pretty close, I have the 6200(3g), so 6810 mods(wifi) wont help much.

Ive been thinking about building CM9 for 7+ yes, but working on my 1sy kernel now its not easy. And with my outdated laptop Compiling CM9 would take approx. 358436517 days. (AMD dual core 2.10 Ghz,4GB RAM ubuntu 11.10 VM)

If I get more interested I will have to buy a better machine.
13th March 2012, 03:27 PM |#26  
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridaizuddin

Do you mean for P6800?

Yes, 6800. I have it booting and lockscreen works, and can get to home screen, but LOTs of FCs and bizarre behavior....

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

they are actually pretty close, I have the 6200(3g), so 6810 mods(wifi) wont help much.

Ive been thinking about building CM9 for 7+ yes, but working on my 1sy kernel now its not easy. And with my outdated laptop Compiling CM9 would take approx. 358436517 days. (AMD dual core 2.10 Ghz,4GB RAM ubuntu 11.10 VM)

If I get more interested I will have to buy a better machine.

Ha, I hear you on the laptop. I fortunately just got a new MacPro tower for my studio and have Ubuntu dual boot, so I hope it's not as painful as my older macbook pro with the same setup....
13th March 2012, 04:47 PM |#27  
Flag Marang

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, 6800. I have it booting and lockscreen works, and can get to home screen, but LOTs of FCs and bizarre behavior....

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Ha, I hear you on the laptop. I fortunately just got a new MacPro tower for my studio and have Ubuntu dual boot, so I hope it's not as painful as my older macbook pro with the same setup....

Let me guess... The camera didn't work too right?
I used Tab 10.1 before for 3 months and then have to retire it at last.
Hopefully ICS with 7.7 is better. I don't really think Tegra 2 is the best dual-core out there.
No matter with what kind of build for ICS I used with 10.1, the tablet really easy to freeze by itself.
However I think original Honeycomb ROM with 7.7 is not that smooth too. Lags everywhere.. Anyway, I just used it for a day. Maybe this time I will focus on getting to ICS. I really miss ICS features and plus vanilla build of ICS is more compact and smaller compare to Honeycomb. I wish devs here will not take too long to port it to 7.7 especially for P6800..

13th March 2012, 08:37 PM |#28  
Flag Rye, New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridaizuddin

Let me guess... The camera didn't work too right?
I used Tab 10.1 before for 3 months and then have to retire it at last.
Hopefully ICS with 7.7 is better. I don't really think Tegra 2 is the best dual-core out there.
No matter with what kind of build for ICS I used with 10.1, the tablet really easy to freeze by itself.
However I think original Honeycomb ROM with 7.7 is not that smooth too. Lags everywhere.. Anyway, I just used it for a day. Maybe this time I will focus on getting to ICS. I really miss ICS features and plus vanilla build of ICS is more compact and smaller compare to Honeycomb. I wish devs here will not take too long to port it to 7.7 especially for P6800..

We'll see how functional we can get it and how quickly...I think the ICS update for Samsung's "High End" devices is coming in a month or so anyway (I heard early 2Q), no? It will probably have TW, anyway...
13th March 2012, 11:27 PM |#29  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a general question in regards to CM9 and samsung products. I have a SGS2 and the 7.7, and on my phone I've found that if I flash CM9 then the hardware video decoding goes out the window. Is this likely to be the case if we port CM9 to the 7.7 until we (never) get kernel sources? Or did I miss something really basic and just need to install the samsung video player to get 1080p playback?
13th March 2012, 11:35 PM |#30  
Flag Marang

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We'll see how functional we can get it and how quickly...I think the ICS update for Samsung's "High End" devices is coming in a month or so anyway (I heard early 2Q), no? It will probably have TW, anyway...

Yeah, no doubt about that. Samsung will just continue to use their TW except for developers phone and with that stuborness only, after almost 5 months since official ICS codes available then it will slowly crawling into selected devices (high end especially).

13th March 2012, 11:40 PM |#31  
Flag Marang

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pato_mld

I have a general question in regards to CM9 and samsung products. I have a SGS2 and the 7.7, and on my phone I've found that if I flash CM9 then the hardware video decoding goes out the window. Is this likely to be the case if we port CM9 to the 7.7 until we (never) get kernel sources? Or did I miss something really basic and just need to install the samsung video player to get 1080p playback?

I think that's why for now if flashing with any cm9 builds, many will just prefer to go for 3rd party apps and coding in the 'Google Play Store'..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)