FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[APP] Power Planner - Best Homework Planner [R] 12/11/2011 [U] 3/1/2012

3,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By ace10134, Senior Member on 9th December 2011, 05:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2011, 08:12 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Version 2.0 coming in a week!
I'll be releasing an update that should hit the marketplace in about a week, adding tons of new features!
  • Live Tile showing how many items are overdue, due today, or do tomorrow, or none
  • Splash screen
  • Extremely advanced grade/GPA system
  • Contextual "+" add button
  • And more!

The grading system will allow you to enter individual grades (like Test 1, Test 2, homework 1, etc) for each class. Then it will calculate your current grade. WP7 doesn't really have any apps that do this, so Power Planner is basically the first!

It also calculates your cumulative GPA.

The grade/GPA system is extremely customizable and accepts everything from honors/AP classes, custom grade scales, weighted grades, classes with credits, classes with no credits, classes with 0 credits, grade scales with the letter "E" instead of "F", etc!

The grading system is exclusive to the paid version though, since that took a TON of work to add. The live tile, however, is available to everyone.

Look forward to an update in about a week! And tell your friends about Power Planner if they have a Windows Phone, thanks!
 
 
29th December 2011, 10:20 AM |#12  
Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm sure some kids are going to get killed by their teacher because they use their phone in class Thanks though
29th December 2011, 06:20 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiferflo

I'm sure some kids are going to get killed by their teacher because they use their phone in class Thanks though

Lol yeah, some teachers are lame like that
31st December 2011, 02:47 AM |#14  
chrisizzle492's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 13
 
Donate to Me
More
i just got it and reviewed lol. everything is really nice. in college i have never had a problem using my phone in class. this app hopefully will help cuz i do well on exams, homework on the other hand is my downfall. 5*
31st December 2011, 02:57 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisizzle492

i just got it and reviewed lol. everything is really nice. in college i have never had a problem using my phone in class. this app hopefully will help cuz i do well on exams, homework on the other hand is my downfall. 5*

Thanks! I'm glad you find it useful and that you'll be taking advantage of the office hours/website feature. That's one of my favorites, since I usually throw away the class syllabus and can never find office hours lol.

Enjoy! If you have any questions, problems, or suggestions, you can find my email address in Power Planner's settings -> About page.
5th January 2012, 07:46 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Update 2.0
Version 2.0 just hit the marketplace! New features include Live Tile, grading/GPA system, contextual "+" button for classes/exams, and more!
6th January 2012, 06:17 PM |#17  
speedfreak228's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
awesome app. to bad im not in school. how bout a a version for work
16th February 2012, 03:08 AM |#18  
Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I bought this app. It's great, good job. One question, how does backup work in the new update? I was just checking it out, and i have to sign in to hotmail. Does it backup to Skydrive? Just wondering before i start entering passwords.
16th February 2012, 03:47 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjammin

I bought this app. It's great, good job. One question, how does backup work in the new update? I was just checking it out, and i have to sign in to hotmail. Does it backup to Skydrive? Just wondering before i start entering passwords.

Sweet I'm glad you got the update already!

Backup uses Skydrive. When you enter your password and email, you're giving it directly to Microsoft and it never sees me. That's how the Skydrive API works. I also never see your backed up data, it's all stored on your Skydrive account.

Once you backup, you can go to your SkyDrive and you'll see your data in a folder called IsolatedDataStorage. You can actually open the text documents in there and view the raw data if you would like!
16th February 2012, 04:31 AM |#20  
Member
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134

Sweet I'm glad you got the update already!

Backup uses Skydrive. When you enter your password and email, you're giving it directly to Microsoft and it never sees me. That's how the Skydrive API works. I also never see your backed up data, it's all stored on your Skydrive account.

Once you backup, you can go to your SkyDrive and you'll see your data in a folder called IsolatedDataStorage. You can actually open the text documents in there and view the raw data if you would like!

What a good idea. I really want to develop for windows phone 7, but i have zero imagination or creativity haha.
23rd February 2012, 07:04 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Update 2.5
I just released version 2.5!
  • Awesome new live tile
  • Faster load speeds
  • Online backup/restore
  • More advanced grading system (sum grades instead of average, etc)
  • Visual themes
  • So much more!

And Power Planner is in the runnings for Microsoft's Big App on Campus!! If you all could vote for Power Planner, that would be greatly appreaciated!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, homework, planner, power planner, student

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes