I'm on AT&T go phone, can I purchase the one x full retail witouth problems?

Search This thread

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I called two different AT&T stores, one lady told me I can buy the phone but I won't have date, the second store dude told me I just have to change the apn.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
Question: which go phone plan do you sign up for? Can you get away with doing $50 unlimited or do you have to purchase the additional smart go phone data plan as well?

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Question: which go phone plan do you sign up for? Can you get away with doing $50 unlimited or do you have to purchase the additional smart go phone data plan as well?

You have to purchase the data plan cause the 50$ unlimited only works with non smart phones. Unless there's some kinda of a trick or something g but I doubt it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lJesseCusterl

Feb 28, 2012
Pascagoula, MS
You won't have access to the data network at all. The system won't allow provisioning of it for the vast majority of non-gophone smartphones.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Zeffir

Dec 24, 2009
You have to purchase the data plan cause the 50$ unlimited only works with non smart phones. Unless there's some kinda of a trick or something g but I doubt it.

You can get the unlimited talk and text for $50 dollars but the data plan is excluded. IMO as long as you can live without data its an okay plan and you can add data if you want but it's not required. What you need for this is a fresh at&t micro sim card because GO Phone sims are locked to specific IMEI's I believe.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
You can get the unlimited talk and text for $50 dollars but the data plan is excluded. IMO as long as you can live without data its an okay plan and you can add data if you want but it's not required. What you need for this is a fresh at&t micro sim card because GO Phone sims are locked to specific IMEI's I believe.

Im using a regular sim card that I cut down. Yes you can use the 50$ nlimeted talk and text but no data, might as well not own a smartphone and buy an iPod touch.

Zeffir

Dec 24, 2009
Im using a regular sim card that I cut down. Yes you can use the 50$ nlimeted talk and text but no data, might as well not own a smartphone and buy an iPod touch.

True that. A smartphone without data is like a peanut butter jelly sandwich without jelly.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
So should I even be arsed to set up a go phone account for htc one x then? Has anyone successfully activated data on there by changing the APN settings?

kenfly

Dec 22, 2009
Just switch to straight talk. Unlimited talk,text,web for 45 a month and you can bring your own smartphone.

dementor123

Dec 21, 2010
New York City
It does work, on the international HTC one x, I don't know about the att one x...

I am talking about at&t one x.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Just switch to straight talk. Unlimited talk,text,web for 45 a month and you can bring your own smartphone.

Thanks. How are the data speeds? I heard they piggyback off of AT&T.

kenfly

Dec 22, 2009

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

I get about 5,000kbps on hspa+ but that's once in a while. Real everyday is about 3,000kbps hspa+

Reactions: dementor123

nemo121886

Sep 29, 2010
Wesson
www.nemotech.solutions
Typically, Amazon mobile or other 3rd party retailers, will charge more for non-contract phone than AT&T because they can't get any payback from AT&T.

Your biggest problem will be microSIM activation. You may have to buy a microSIM cutter to trim your current go phone SIM yourself. AT&T won't be thrilled to activate One X for a Go phone plan.

There is also a chance that AT&T will stop your data service once it detects that you are using a 4G smartphone (it has the IMEI number on database) on a Go Phone plan. Yes, it happened to others before.

I had no problems getting my 4G One X Activated with GoPhone. They gave me a microSIM to put in my phone and I went home and did so, it has been working since.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You might get some pushback from the rep or manager, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get it. You will just have to change your APN, as the only one that works with prepaid is "wap.cingular"

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    Your phone won't get hspa+ or lte on prepaid service. In fact, you won't get any data until you change your apn to wap.cingular, which is a 3G apn. If you need a microsim, just go to the at&t store and tell them you don't have your phone but you want to activate a prepaid plan. Be sure to specify that you need a microsim and they will just put a dummy IMEI consisting of all 1111111.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

I get about 5,000kbps on hspa+ but that's once in a while. Real everyday is about 3,000kbps hspa+