[Modem] All Radio's at 'One' Place (Latest: XXLT3)

Search This thread

zooq

Jun 11, 2008
Sepang

cal75

Sep 8, 2006
I'm from Malaysia but I do feel XXLR1 best for me.Never drop from H+/3g to Edge.With DXLP5 I do get Edge sometimes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I never see Edge for almost a year or more here in Spore, no comments. not sure about that but the official ICS for us was packed with LP5 modem. If LR1 is suitable for us (Asia), I wonder why Samsung don't pack it for us.
Will try LR1 see how it goes, hopefully it can beat LP5 down ;)

Thks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Hello could I trouble someone for a step by step guide flashing modem? I'm still new to whole flashing and rooting process so I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Do I need to be rooted to do this? Flashing different modem fw helps both wifi & network? After recent update to stock ics Germany I can never get full bar on wifi and barely get 1 on phone signal :/ I live in US east coast so which is best for me?

Thank you so much for the help!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
Anyone having an idea on the differences between the modems, or is there no other option than trial AMD error to find the best match (which is rather difficult, as one normally doesn't have lab conditions)?

However, tobs of thanks for this thread, the work of putting together, making available, and maintaining the modems!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ExAvantz

Jun 5, 2009
im on ICS 4.0.3 DXLP9 Malaysia rooted by Dr Ketan method (CWM.zip & SU)

can i flash XXLR1 modem ?

what is the safe way to flash ?

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
Got a ZTMKL2 modem (TIM Brasil), if you guys want to add it ;).
It's a bin (ODIN/Mobile ODIN) version.

Attachments

• modem.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 54

ahmerr

Aug 30, 2008
Jester, just to let you know that I am in the UK and I tried most of the Radios but was only getting 2-3 bars and my signal strength on -109, I flashed XXLB1 and now I am getting full bars with the signal on -79, very happy with that. I am currently in my office and only getting 3g so will pop outside and see if I get H+ which I was getting with the other radios but the signal strength was poor.

I am using the German ICS rom DXLP9, Baseband XXLB1 and Kernel 3.0.15

Hope that helps?

Reactions: pb1379

qbell

Apr 18, 2008
I can flash XXLR1 into stock ROM with PC odin

But the odin report "fail" if I try to flash LP6

pb1379

Nov 7, 2010
Jester, just to let you know that I am in the UK and I tried most of the Radios but was only getting 2-3 bars and my signal strength on -109, I flashed XXLB1 and now I am getting full bars with the signal on -79, very happy with that. I am currently in my office and only getting 3g so will pop outside and see if I get H+ which I was getting with the other radios but the signal strength was poor.

I am using the German ICS rom DXLP9, Baseband XXLB1 and Kernel 3.0.15

Hope that helps?

Interesting... thus you got better reception with lb1 than with lr1? I'll give it a try this, too...

Tried it, and indeed WAY better reception!

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Galaxea

Jun 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Interesting... thus you got better reception with lb1 than with lr1? I'll give it a try this, too...

Tried it, and indeed WAY better reception!

Thanks a lot!

I'm confused! You went from an ICS modem to a Gingerbread one and it was better?

Can you even run a GB modem on ICS?

Also, are you talking about real-world reception, or just more bars on your phone, as this could be a software tweak to the bars shown, without any real noticable signal change?

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I'm confused! You went from an ICS modem to a Gingerbread one and it was better?

Can you even run a GB modem on ICS?

Also, are you talking about real-world reception, or just more bars on your phone, as this could be a software tweak to the bars shown, without any real noticable signal change?

Just got confirmation that any modem can run on any ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modems listed:

GINGERBREAD
    XXKJ4
    XXKJ6
    XXKK5
    UBKL2
    XXKL7
    XXKL8
    XXLA1
    DDLA2
    XXLA3
    XXLA4
    XXLB1
    XXLB2 <- Popular
    DXLC1

ICE CREAM SANDWICH
    XXLP1
    ZCLP1
    DDLP4
    UBLP4
    ZCLP5
    DXLP5
    ZCLP6
    XXLPT
    DXLR1
    XXLR1 <- Popular
    XXLRB
    XXLRK

JELLY BEAN
    XXLS1
    XXLS3
    DXLS8
    XXLSA
    XXLSС
    XXLSO
    XXLT3 <- Latest

Modem naming rules:
    "XXKJ4"

XX - Modem intended country/region.
    XX - General USA/Europe.
    ZC - China.
    UB - Brazil.
    DD - India.
    DX - Thailand.
    You can check for more country codes here: Link

KJ4 - General modem version in 3 letters/numbers. Named generally from AA1 to ZZZ, though alot of numbers and letters got skipped.

Download links are there:

http://GalaxyNote.rgreat.ru/Modems/
    code

Mirror: http://depositfiles.com/folders/TEQD001BU
    code

Zip files are CWM flashable.
    Bin files are Mobile Odin/PC Odin flashable. Never rename bin files, or Mobile Odin will not recognize them!

Warning: Even if you want to flash bin file with Mobile Odin i advise to download CWM zip file and extract bin file from there, as it will give you extra CRC protection in case your download was corrupt.

ICS modems can be used with GingerBread ROM's and vice versa.
    At least i never have problems with it before.

If you have new modem - post it in this thread and i will add it to the OP.
    New modem: XXLT4

Hi all, here comes the XXLT4 modem from the XXLTA firmware!

This zip file is CWM flashable.

[Attachment removed on 2014-03-18]
    XXLS3 modem

I've extracted the modem.bin from the img-file that vuidoi has posted above (thanks vuidoi!).

So here comes the XXLS3 modem as a cwm-flashable zip package.
    New modem: BOLT1

This is the new BOLT1 modem from the XXLTA firmware, that has been released today for Germany (T-Mobile).

This zip file is CWM flashable.

[Attachment removed on 2014-03-18]
    XXLRB modem

I've extracted the XXLRB modem from the first official ICS 4.0.4 samsung stock-rom (XXLRG), that has been released earlier today. I've made a cwm-package, see attachment.

BTW, it works flawlessly on Paranoid Android 0.4a.