FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Techinstein: Most customizable Evita kitkat rom! + OmniSwitch && a lot moar!
10th April 2014, 02:03 AM |#211  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

In only guesting but it looks like development has ended for this ROM, there's been no activity for nearly a month now. It's a real shame because this is an excellent ROM, easily one of the best we've had for the Evita.

Sent from my Evita

I agree

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

tinyb0b
24th May 2014, 07:48 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, I'm pretty sure i soft bricked my evita and i was going to reflash the rom, but i just wanted to ask if flashing would erase any data. Thanks
24th May 2014, 10:45 PM |#213  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 18,942

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyb0b

Hey, I'm pretty sure i soft bricked my evita and i was going to reflash the rom, but i just wanted to ask if flashing would erase any data. Thanks

No such thing as a soft brick, and it's virtually impossible to help you when such little information has been provided.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
tinyb0b
25th May 2014, 02:22 AM |#214  

More
Quote:

No such thing as a soft brick, and it's virtually impossible to help you when such little information has been provided.

Sent from my Evita

I'm sorry. I accidentally edited the build.prop and now I am stuck in a boot loop.
I am able to go to recovery, but i can't mount system storage.
I have a backup of the build.prop.
25th May 2014, 02:46 AM |#215  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Having a copy of the build.prop isn't really going to help you. So you're not even able to wipe the system partition?

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heisenberg Ad-Free
tinyb0b
25th May 2014, 04:15 AM |#216  

More
Quote:

Having a copy of the build.prop isn't really going to help you. So you're not even able to wipe the system partition?

Sent from my Evita

haven't tried. How would I do that? Is there a program i can use to mount the system partion other than TWRP recovery?
25th May 2014, 09:31 AM |#217  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyb0b

haven't tried. How would I do that? Is there a program i can use to mount the system partion other than TWRP recovery?

I meant using TWRP recovery.

Sent from my Evita
tinyb0b
25th May 2014, 02:53 PM |#218  

More
Quote:

I meant using TWRP recovery.

Sent from my Evita

I'm pretty sure i could be able to wipe system partition. Why would i need to do that? Also does this rom wipe data when you flash it?
25th May 2014, 03:30 PM |#219  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
If you are ale to wipe the system partition then you should be able to flash again so you can boot the phone. ROMs don't usually wipe the data partition.

Sent from my Evita
tinyb0b
25th May 2014, 04:15 PM |#220  

More
Quote:

If you are ale to wipe the system partition then you should be able to flash again so you can boot the phone. ROMs don't usually wipe the data partition.

Sent from my Evita

Sorry, but just making sure. this won't delete apps correct?
25th May 2014, 04:47 PM |#221  
Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Your apps are the least of your worries right now, getting your phone booting should be your main concern. You're gonna need to start fresh anyway, attempting to dirty flash after such a fatal mistake is an awful idea. So yes, you're gonna lose your apps, because you need to perform a full wipe (system/data/cache/dalvik cache) and clean flash a ROM to get your phone booting. Don't you make backups of your apps with Titanium anyway?

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)