Xposed N817 ZTE Quest Failure

Search This thread

fen72521

Feb 17, 2016
Xposed N817 ZTE Quest Failure, please help :< sadface
Current Environment:
one N817 ZTE Quest phone;kitkat 4.4.4;sdk19; security patch 2017-01-01;kernel 3.4.0-gb9ccd38-00530-gfb048cc-zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT. armbli7a cortex-A9 this is an A9 not A7.
initial rooting
superSU & added TWRP
**at this point i tired everything to get xposed to work with releases below, then tried them as priv-app, all failed**

OpenGAPPS stock to replace googleware.
deodex & zip-aligned via kamometoolv7_kitkat
busybox update, 1.26 via f-droid
*i uninstalled and reinstalled various xposed versions, retired installing as system app, all same effect.*
official builds i have tired:
i have tried the official releases from the XPOSED repo, 2.5, 2.6, 2.6.1, 2.7.1.
unofficial build i have tired:
xpose 4.4.4+fix solwarz please note this is a FAIL these .so files will brick device. i tired all the solutions in this thread ie both old and newer fixes on the last page & frist. no avail.

currently installed:
XPosed 3.0.1 by dvdandroid -29/04/17
this seems to install the right app_process, in app says bridge 58. this failed then I installed:
xposedbusyboxsuppliement along side from some thread on xda, same effect as without it failure.
XposedStatusText installed one random modual to generate moduals.list that was missing! rebooted...FAILURE.
Symptoms & procedure:
install framework thru Flashing or classic system rewrite produces the same effect.
Xposed installer reports everything OKAY, also I can confirm install moved app_process correctly with permissions set.
/Click activate/ then reboot.
Booting gets past manufacture logo and goes to boot animation photo.
*waits 10mins just incase* Stuck at boot animation.
*presses power fast 5x to disable xposed*
phone finished booting into launcher.
check XPOSE, says installed but not activated, logs say nothing out of the ordinary.
retest with PC & adb for logcat.
ADB is available with shell su. logcat loops.
logcat excerpt on page 50 just before looping:
E/dalvikvm(30826): Not whitelisted : /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/XposedBridge.jar
E/dalvikvm(30826): Unable to construct file descriptor table.
E/dalvikvm(30826): VM aborting
F/libc (30826): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x0000786a (code=-6), thread 30826 (zygote)
I/DEBUG ( 314): Process: zygote
I/DEBUG ( 314): pid: 30826, tid: 30826, name: zygote >>> zygote <<<
I/DEBUG ( 314): Build fingerprint: 'ZTE/ZTE_WELLINGTON/wellington:4.4.4/KTU84P/20170207.003453.27405:user/release-keys'
I/DEBUG ( 314): Revision: '0'
I/DEBUG ( 314): signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------

for the socially challenged:
Some information provided maybe irrelevant as such do not go on tangents about irrelevant information! Do not go on tangents about WHY i would want to do anything. the case of the matter is this challenge sits before you, i ask your people's help in getting xposed to work properly on this device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wobblerbox420

fen72521

Feb 17, 2016
XPosed 3.0.1 by dvdandroid -29/04/17 should already have the updated https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed
that rovo89 updated late 2016 to workaround the securty patch from google that forces all zygote loaded stuff (jars) on a whistlist. after reading a 200 post github thread on the subject i am now more confused about what to do besides make a new rom entirely of which is out of the scope of my ability.
Can someone conmpile the latest xposebridge.jar against sdk19 and not sdk23? perhaps then we can use a higher bridge# than 58. or does one need to compile a new app_prosses?? or both?? Rovo has seem to fix the same issue but only updated the 5/6 android installers. Advice would be grand thanks.

n-817_struggle

Jul 12, 2017
help root

is it even possible to do a root on this device I have been at this for about a month and I cannot find ayone who has successfully rooted this device nor have I even came lose

please help

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
vevevesaving the day

I might have solution.I have stock room!The original B011 firmware.I think your problem is you have B013 I believe.But in no means am I expert.My computer crashed,and my quest is stuck I'm bootloop with no software in it.I was debating to some how get it into download the update it from recovery TWRP but don't know what to do.The firmware roots very easily with Idiot or 360root.Anyone have solution.It was very tough to acquire this firmware and I did it for all of us,Sean

EqUalIzEr42

Mar 26, 2016
Need N817 Stock ROM and Flash Tool

I might have solution.I have stock room!The original B011 firmware.I think your problem is you have B013 I believe.But in no means am I expert.My computer crashed,and my quest is stuck I'm bootloop with no software in it.I was debating to some how get it into download the update it from recovery TWRP but don't know what to do.The firmware roots very easily with Idiot or 360root.Anyone have solution.It was very tough to acquire this firmware and I did it for all of us,Sean

I would be very grateful if you could send me a link to download the stock firmware and flash tool needed. Thank you as I have soft-bricked my N817 Wellington.

EqUalIzEr42

Mar 26, 2016
N817 MSM8610 vB011 Stock ROM

You say you have the stock rom for this device, I really really need it. Could you point me in the right direction, as I have scoured the internet looking for this firmware. I check almost every day looking to see if someone has this ROM. Thank you in advance. Sincerely Tony.

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
I do have stock firmware and could email it to you or even text you software. My pc down.Ive tried push firmware to internal memory via adb but fail. I'm at lose and don't know what DO.I would be happy help any way, sean

Reactions: EqUalIzEr42

backplate

Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys here's the QR link to the n817 stock rom from @petiolarissean as I don't have enough posts for links yet:

xjnNSA6.png

Just forwarding from pm because he mentioned the pc issue

Reactions: EqUalIzEr42

EqUalIzEr42

Mar 26, 2016
Thank you for this

Hey guys here's the QR link to the n817 stock rom from @petiolarissean as I don't have enough posts for links yet:

xjnNSA6.png

Well I have tried every firmware flashing tool I can find for the Qualcomm chipset, does anybody know which tool to use for flashing this. As QPST requires a firehose*.mbn file for flashing, this firmware does not have a firehose flash programmer. Thank you for your help @backplate and @petiolarissean.:good:

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
When I ran into firmware I took note and grabbed it up for community.Found it on Chinese site and friend speaks Chinese told me about it.If I can get file needed.Let me know name file and ask friend who speaks Chinese.Sean,
PS!Pixel still works!

EqUalIzEr42

Mar 26, 2016
Flash Programmer

When I ran into firmware I took note and grabbed it up for community.Found it on Chinese site and friend speaks Chinese told me about it.If I can get file needed.Let me know name file and ask friend who speaks Chinese.Sean,
PS!Pixel still works!

I tried using this file prog_emmc_firehose_8x10.mbn, with a SaharaFail Error in QPST. I suppose the file would be named the same except with a 6 prog_emmc_firehose_8610.mbn. I am not sure, hopefully we can figure something out for this bugger. I hate to have a phone laying around that doesn't work, I know there are many others looking for the same. I have seen a few posts here and there asking for this firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed N817 ZTE Quest Failure, please help :< sadface
    Current Environment:
    one N817 ZTE Quest phone;kitkat 4.4.4;sdk19; security patch 2017-01-01;kernel 3.4.0-gb9ccd38-00530-gfb048cc-zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT. armbli7a cortex-A9 this is an A9 not A7.
    initial rooting
    superSU & added TWRP
    **at this point i tired everything to get xposed to work with releases below, then tried them as priv-app, all failed**

OpenGAPPS stock to replace googleware.
    deodex & zip-aligned via kamometoolv7_kitkat
    busybox update, 1.26 via f-droid
    *i uninstalled and reinstalled various xposed versions, retired installing as system app, all same effect.*
    official builds i have tired:
    i have tried the official releases from the XPOSED repo, 2.5, 2.6, 2.6.1, 2.7.1.
    unofficial build i have tired:
    xpose 4.4.4+fix solwarz please note this is a FAIL these .so files will brick device. i tired all the solutions in this thread ie both old and newer fixes on the last page & frist. no avail.

currently installed:
    XPosed 3.0.1 by dvdandroid -29/04/17
    this seems to install the right app_process, in app says bridge 58. this failed then I installed:
    xposedbusyboxsuppliement along side from some thread on xda, same effect as without it failure.
    XposedStatusText installed one random modual to generate moduals.list that was missing! rebooted...FAILURE.
    Symptoms & procedure:
    install framework thru Flashing or classic system rewrite produces the same effect.
    Xposed installer reports everything OKAY, also I can confirm install moved app_process correctly with permissions set.
    /Click activate/ then reboot.
    Booting gets past manufacture logo and goes to boot animation photo.
    *waits 10mins just incase* Stuck at boot animation.
    *presses power fast 5x to disable xposed*
    phone finished booting into launcher.
    check XPOSE, says installed but not activated, logs say nothing out of the ordinary.
    retest with PC & adb for logcat.
    ADB is available with shell su. logcat loops.
    logcat excerpt on page 50 just before looping:
    E/dalvikvm(30826): Not whitelisted : /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/XposedBridge.jar
    E/dalvikvm(30826): Unable to construct file descriptor table.
    E/dalvikvm(30826): VM aborting
    F/libc (30826): Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT) at 0x0000786a (code=-6), thread 30826 (zygote)
    I/DEBUG ( 314): Process: zygote
    I/DEBUG ( 314): pid: 30826, tid: 30826, name: zygote >>> zygote <<<
    I/DEBUG ( 314): Build fingerprint: 'ZTE/ZTE_WELLINGTON/wellington:4.4.4/KTU84P/20170207.003453.27405:user/release-keys'
    I/DEBUG ( 314): Revision: '0'
    I/DEBUG ( 314): signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------

for the socially challenged:
    Some information provided maybe irrelevant as such do not go on tangents about irrelevant information! Do not go on tangents about WHY i would want to do anything. the case of the matter is this challenge sits before you, i ask your people's help in getting xposed to work properly on this device.
    I do have stock firmware and could email it to you or even text you software. My pc down.Ive tried push firmware to internal memory via adb but fail. I'm at lose and don't know what DO.I would be happy help any way, sean
    getting pc back today upload zip n817 quest!

xjnNSA6.png