[REF]Reg tweak to disable threaded SMS

Search This thread

nik_for_you

Jan 26, 2008
paris
Hi all,

I have found one reg tweak to disable threaded sms in KAISER forum of xda develpoers .. I tried in ELF and it works like charm..

its

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

you need to create OEM key in Settings and create a DWORD SMSInboxThreadingDisabled and set it to 1

reset the device and you are now back to normal SMSs.. :D

It also does not disable SMS notifications.. :D

I searched but didnt found if it is already in forum.. If it is there dont bash me :p

Last edited:

enja

Aug 15, 2007
Singapore
Hi all,

I have found one reg tweak to disable threaded sms in KAISER forum of xda develpoers .. I tried in ELF and it works like charm..

its

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

you need to create OEM key in Settings and create a DWORD SMSInboxThreadingDisabled and set it to 1

I searched but didnt found if it is already in forum.. If it is there dont bash me :p

hmm this is weird, there is no "OEM" in the setting folders.

Mr. Vi

Sep 23, 2006
Berlin
Hi all,

its

Great work! :)

hmm this is weird, there is no "OEM" in the setting folders.

You have to create this key!

Greetings

cybertech

Sep 16, 2006
Other than notification, is the incoming sms sound alert work also?
As the previous registry "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1 to 0" ,resulting in No notification and No incoming sms alert.
If yes, I shall go back to WM6.1 ROM, now using WM6.0 as dislike the threaded sms style.

nik_for_you

Jan 26, 2008
paris
Other than notification, is the incoming sms sound alert work also?
As the previous registry "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1 to 0" ,resulting in No notification and No incoming sms alert.
If yes, I shall go back to WM6.1 ROM, now using WM6.0 as dislike the threaded sms style.

sound alert also works..

nikjensie

Aug 1, 2006
Hi all,
this is great and it works indeed... although it also disables something that many people might WANT to disable, although I don't... namely my TrayBar with BatteryStatus icons (and other applications as well).
At least it does for me on Duttys latest 6.1 ROM... on a Kaiser. Can anyone confirm this (and specify the device as well)?

Best Regards,
Nik

Onslow_dk

Sep 22, 2008
Jaaaaih!!! :-D

I was almost sorry that I upgraded to 6.1 - until I found this!

It works! And you don't need to delete SMS messages first - as mentioned in another thread.