Win an Honor 7X!

[GUIDE] One Click How to Root EVO with Unrevoked 3.21

647 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2010, 04:12 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am stuck at the very beginning where HBOOT drivers need to be installed.

I followed the first 6 steps of instructions again n again to install drivers but DEVICE manager is not displaying ANDROID 1.0 device in other devices.

I tried like ten different times but no success.
Please help me out. Wanna root my evo really bad.

20th September 2010, 04:24 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 652

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedruggiero

I did the original 3.2..can i just do 3.21 right over it??...or are there other steps i need to take..

awesome OP!! thank you!!

If you're already rooted, why do you want to run this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulosjr

where can I find the original RUU

If you want to unroot, follow my guide linked in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=16

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulosjr

and this now works perfect for 2.2? and no 4g issue??

Yep, no 4g issues.
20th September 2010, 05:15 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Got myself in trouble and now I need help
Argh, in my anxiousness to get on Froyo rooted using Unrevoked, I seem to have screwed up and now require assistance. Man I hope someone can help me out.

I was on build 1.32.651.6 and had used the original unrevoked method to get root so I could use wifi tether. I stayed away from the OTA fix and 2.2 updates since a friend of mine had lost his root access and 2.2 wasn't rooted yet.

Now that this urnevoke method works on 2.2, I figured I'd apply the OTA updates and then run it. Well, I forgot to check what build I was on after the OTA and didn't realize it was it was only 1.47.651.1 and not 3.26.651.6 which has Froyo.

I ran unrevoked and it worked though I saw some interesting messages flash by like "taking note" of something and boot menu doing something. I now see S-OFF so I'm guessing it worked BUT the HTC software update won't let me perform the latest OTA to get Froyo. So annoying and disappointed :/

I sincerly hope someone can help me out of this pickle!

Eric
20th September 2010, 06:34 PM |#24  
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks Meter: 313

More
egravel...djR3Z

You probably used old unrevoked and don't have full nand unlock...have idea on how to do but would wait on response from djR3Z and don't just start flashing stuff so you don't screw things up.

Jim
20th September 2010, 06:57 PM |#25  

More
How do u install the game roms after u get rooted is there a tutorial or something thanks for any help

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
20th September 2010, 07:02 PM |#26  

More
Thanks Jim (jelive),

I'll wait for a reply. I got the binary last Friday late afternoon from a friend who got it from the IRC channel. He says it's version 3.21RC.

I was actually considering trying the RUU to unroot and then try to apply ALL of the OTA (this time) and then try the unrevoked 3.21 final once again. Think that would work?

Btw, I'm curious, what is it that prevents the update from installing Froyo?

Thanks

Eric
20th September 2010, 07:28 PM |#27  
San Antonio, Tx.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egravel

Thanks Jim (jelive),

I'll wait for a reply. I got the binary last Friday late afternoon from a friend who got it from the IRC channel. He says it's version 3.21RC.

I was actually considering trying the RUU to unroot and then try to apply ALL of the OTA (this time) and then try the unrevoked 3.21 final once again. Think that would work?

Btw, I'm curious, what is it that prevents the update from installing Froyo?

Thanks

Eric

If you ran the unrevoked 3.21 you may be good...but if it worked properly you should have been able to do the software updates (tho you would then have another issue afterwards). Its why I suggested waiting on djR3Z response as you are at an in between stage and I know his advice will be solid. Pretty sure I could guide you but I'd like his input.

Jim
20th September 2010, 07:50 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
If anyone can help me I would be forever grateful.

So I successfully installed the drivers on my PC. When i go into Device Manager it now says Android Phone, ADB.

I downloaded the Unrevoked 3.21 reflash package.exe from the unrevoked website. I open it up and it says UNREVOKED3 painless reflash, etc. It also says to plug your phone in with debugging mode on etc.

I plug my phone in while in charge only, I turn on debugging mode and nothing happens at all. What am I doing wrong here? thanks in advance..
20th September 2010, 07:59 PM |#29  
San Antonio, Tx.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ls2

If anyone can help me I would be forever grateful.

So I successfully installed the drivers on my PC. When i go into Device Manager it now says Android Phone, ADB.

I downloaded the Unrevoked 3.21 reflash package.exe from the unrevoked website. I open it up and it says UNREVOKED3 painless reflash, etc. It also says to plug your phone in with debugging mode on etc.

I plug my phone in while in charge only, I turn on debugging mode and nothing happens at all. What am I doing wrong here? thanks in advance..

You may need to back out with debugging mode selected and restart reflash package again...it may not have detected your debugging mode change.

Jim
20th September 2010, 08:02 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive

You may need to back out with debugging mode selected and restart reflash package again...it may not have detected your debugging mode change.

Jim

Thanks for the response. I restarted the reflash package about 10 times now. A few times I tried with the phone already plugged in and debugging mode on and a few times I started the reflash package then plugged the phone in and nothing happens.....What's with this thing? I thought it was supposed to be one click rooting?
20th September 2010, 08:08 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ls2

Thanks for the response. I restarted the reflash package about 10 times now. A few times I tried with the phone already plugged in and debugging mode on and a few times I started the reflash package then plugged the phone in and nothing happens.....What's with this thing? I thought it was supposed to be one click rooting?

Did you uninstall htc sync?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)