[Q] (URGENT) LG G2 VS980 soft brick (No ROM or Recovery, only download mode)

Search This thread
Apr 30, 2012
I have VS980, with some version of PA 4. I hadnt updated it in a while so i downloaded the latest zip and tried to flash it with twrp. (i dont remember the exact version, but not 2.7) For some reason i suppose twrp didnt like to play nice with 4.4.3 and failed to something about updating binaries. I'm not sure what it was, doesnt really matter now though. That sorta messed up the rom enough so that it would never boot. it would get to the boot animation, but no further without intervention. So of course i was like "i gotta update my recovery!!" but alas i tried to flash it using adb and now twrp wont work, it only comes to a black screen. So i have been able to find no way to get into fastboot in lg g2 and i cant adb while in recovery and i have no ROM to work with. All i have is download mode which has (according to me) rendered my phone useless. I have been scouring the internet for hours trying to fix this with Download mode, perhaps with odin, but it's only for samsung devices i think. I have exhausted my mind and options and I am completely dumbfounded. If someone could shed some light on this it would be awesome. Before i take it to verizon to play stupid haha. All help is appreciated. I am a semi noob when it comes to this stuff, or i suppose really nooby.

I have been personally going through a lot lately and i cant handle this right now and i feel really bad but i really need help. all help is appreciated.

tatootie67

Nov 5, 2012
If you truly can't get to recovery use the lg flash tool to get back to stock in download mode. But I would keep trying to get recovery with the hardware buttons sequence. I was where you were with a black screen and was about to lg flashtool my phone but someone advised me to keep trying recovery and they were right. Its tricky to get it right and each phone is a little different.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

VS980

Dec 5, 2014
tatootie67:
If you truly can't get to recovery use the lg flash tool to get back to stock in download mode. But I would keep trying to get recovery with the hardware buttons sequence. I was where you were with a black screen and was about to lg flashtool my phone but someone advised me to keep trying recovery and they were right. Its tricky to get it right and each phone is a little different.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thank you Thank you Thank you sooo much. You saved my vs980. I had been trying to wipe it but the drivers never worked. I took your advice and tried the hardware buttons sequence on your advice and after 4 weeks of trying everything my phone is finally back. A very merry Christmas to me. Thanks again!