Verizon offering a 32GB version?

Search This thread

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
It took three months for the 32GB to happen for the S4 and that was only due to customers bugging them about it.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Easier to milk it like Munson. Only offer the 16gb and charge $50 more than everybody else. They would have done the same thing with the M8 if HTC offered one to them.

namroc1

Mar 23, 2011
I am going to try to hold out for the 32gb. My S3 had 32gb, but my S4 only had 16gb and that was a mistake. i would love the new htc but the battery does not come out so that is a no go.

namroc1

Mar 23, 2011
I'm not sure if you are interested but I found an app last night that allows me to redirect apps to save on my SD card. It is called foldermount. I just don't know how it will work on the S5 since the sdcard setting are different in kit kat

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

BzBz

Oct 21, 2009
vzw will do like they did with the s4 and wait until they reach their target of 16gb devices sold before relasing the 32gb. they know from experience the large majority of their customer base won't spend extra for the 32gb on release day. the few people begging for the 32gb didn't change the availability time frame last year and it won't change it this year. plus demand for the s5 seems to be lackluster.

Guadalupeohara

Feb 5, 2014
D.K
vzw will do like they did with the s4 and wait until they reach their target of 16gb devices sold before relasing the 32gb. they know from experience the large majority of their customer base won't spend extra for the 32gb on release day. the few people begging for the 32gb didn't change the availability time frame last year and it won't change it this year. plus demand for the s5 seems to be lackluster.

In this last release they give 32 gb. I think it is good to use another. But why they Bugging with this ?

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
Extended memory

Yes it would be nice to see 32gb. but you can always bump up external memory to 128gb. which is awesome. I put 64gb on mine and with 16gb. internal that gives me 80gb. so I think I'm set very for now.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Yes it would be nice to see 32gb. but you can always bump up external memory to 128gb. which is awesome. I put 64gb on mine and with 16gb. internal that gives me 80gb. so I think I'm set very for now.

Does not help for apps. All depends on the users and the apps they have.

It seems obvious this is a milking strategy, so probably depends on if they offer 32gb when launch sales slow down. I am not too sure they will this time. One less sku to manage. Yep, they have multiple ones with Apple, but Apple is pushy like that and controls supply.

Last edited: