[APK] Recovery Installer 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
This is a simple app, that will allow you to easily exchange your current Recovery version, only tapping a button and pressing "Allow", only requirement, phone rooted, no needed mont rw or anything, pretty easy to use!

Log Implemented!

Thanks to Slade87, NobodyAtAll, zdzihu, Doomlord, and all other devs helped (im sorry if I miss somebody).

Screenshot
attachment.php

Source code

This is SO discontinued

Attachments

• CAP201106181311.jpg
    CAP201106181311.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 112,707
Last edited:

netorino

Mar 3, 2011
Sounds like a great app, I'll save it in case I need to install it on a friend's device some day. It will skip copying files and changing permissions.

Shadow-Nexus

May 13, 2011
Phoenix
So you finally made it!!
When are you going to stop making cool sh*t!!
Any way ill just install it in case of an emergency

movelbit

Nov 9, 2008
Valongo
Redmi K20 Pro
Nice, and usefull tool. Could you point on xrecovery installation apk thread to this thread?

Also, could you put the nicer button images from rom manager?

EDIT: Well, in fact, why not include this in ROM Manager, and end the development of this app, and xrecovery install app? :D

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Nice, and usefull tool. Could you point on xrecovery installation apk thread to this thread?

Also, could you put the nicer button images from rom manager?

EDIT: Well, in fact, why not include this in ROM Manager, and end the development of this app, and xrecovery install app? :D

ROM Manager it's a ROM MANAGER, not a recovery installer, so I dont see the point adding this to ROM Manager, and the buttons, why ? if you just are gonna need to have the app open like 10 seconds ?, :p

Reactions: sur1k

galvic

Apr 11, 2011
Dharamsala
One question? If someone is having CWM recovery and wants to install xRecovery or vice-versa, will it replace or we have to manually replace 'em?

DanielFran

Aug 6, 2009
v1.0
Initial release, included xRecovery v0.1 & CWM Recovery R3

Hi D4,

I flash original SE ROM 2.1 (2.2.1.A.0.6) with SEUS.

Use SuperOneClick 1.9.5 to root phone.
Update SuperUser from Market to have last busibox.

Install File Manager to be able to install Recovery Installer, ROM Manager.... and validate if installation works fine!

I try to install CWM Recovery using Recovery Installer and ROM Manager without success!?!

I see that my chargemon file is not good, so not updated and recovery.tar is not in system/bin!?!

What could be the problem?

Attachments

• chargemon.txt
    14 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
D4rKn3sSyS,
does it require busybox?

Added to first post :D

Hi D4,

I flash original SE ROM 2.1 (2.2.1.A.0.6) with SEUS.

Use SuperOneClick 1.9.5 to root phone.
Update SuperUser from Market to have last busibox.

Install File Manager to be able to install Recovery Installer, ROM Manager.... and validate if installation works fine!

I try to install CWM Recovery using Recovery Installer and ROM Manager without success!?!

I see that my chargemon file is not good, so not updated and recovery.tar is not in system/bin!?!

What could be the problem?

Your rom it's not supported by my app, your chargemon it's binary.. **** you SE :(, you should update to 2.2, or downgrade some older 2.1

EDIT: Uploaded 1.1, check changelog

Last edited:

charos

Nov 9, 2010
Budapest
I am facing exactly the same issue(2.1.1.A.0.6). You discontinued xRecovery .apk Installer way too soon. At least you should have left the latest file links. I am stuck with stock rom until I have some free time to do this manually.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Fix for 2.1.1.A.0.6 Users, INSTALL BUSYBOX!, please read first post

btw
One question? If someone is having CWM recovery and wants to install xRecovery or vice-versa, will it replace or we have to manually replace 'em?

Nope, apk will not remove .tar, but will overwrite chargemon, so you dont need to do anything :D

Last edited:
Reactions: galvic

charos

Nov 9, 2010
Budapest
It's already installed! I press "Install CWM Recovery" and nothing happens. Unless I need some specific Busybox version. (Used 1.9 @ /system/bin and tried also system/xbin)

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
It's already installed! I press "Install CWM Recovery" and nothing happens. Unless I need some specific Busybox version. (Used 1.9 @ /system/bin and tried also system/xbin)

Just download BUSYBOX INSTALLER from market, and dont modify anything, will install last busybox version, and make symlinks ..

EDIT: Opps just found problem, it's compiled for 2.2, sorry 2.1 users :(

Last edited:

charos

Nov 9, 2010
Budapest
That's exactly what I did. Installed stock rom-->root--->installed busybox installer with default settings--->run recovery installer and press "Install CWM Recovery" --> waited for sometime but no sign that something was done-->Rebooted device and tried to enter recovery mode - nothing happens.
Will repeat the whole process again and see if anything changes.

Last edited:

charos

Nov 9, 2010
Budapest
I can re-confirm the issue above. I guess I have to wait to see if other users face the same issue. Until then I'll have to follow the path of xrecovery and slade's rom.

charos

Nov 9, 2010
Budapest
Aha, just noticed your edited post : " Opps just found problem, it's compiled for 2.2, sorry 2.1 users" ... I guess that's the reason :)

movelbit

Nov 9, 2008
Valongo
Redmi K20 Pro
On stock rom, install busybox from the market to reate symlinks, and then replace the /system/bin/busybox with the one avaiable on older xrecovery installation :)

tested by me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple app, that will allow you to easily exchange your current Recovery version, only tapping a button and pressing "Allow", only requirement, phone rooted, no needed mont rw or anything, pretty easy to use!

Log Implemented!

Thanks to Slade87, NobodyAtAll, zdzihu, Doomlord, and all other devs helped (im sorry if I miss somebody).

Screenshot
    attachment.php

Source code

This is SO discontinued
    v1.3
    Bug fixes
    v1.2
    Busybox installation
    v1.1
    Log implemented, bug fixes
    v1.0
    Initial release, included xRecovery v0.1 & CWM Recovery R3
    for you all user x10 mini pro, if u want CWM recovery
    try this method :
    - download file recovery from this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106146 & http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950324
    - extract xrecovery & CWM r3
    - copy busybox from xrecovery to CWMr3
    - delete xrecovery
    - copy 3 file CWM r3 to /system/bin using root explorer
    NOTE : no requirment to install busybox, just root!

tested 100% work!

other method like install file @1st page this thread, & using rom manager is not working!
    for you all user x10 mini pro, if u want CWM recovery
    try this method :
    - download file recovery from this : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1106146 & http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950324
    - extract xrecovery & CWM r3
    - copy busybox from xrecovery to CWMr3
    - delete xrecovery
    - copy 3 file CWM r3 to /system/bin using root explorer
    NOTE : no requirment to install busybox, just root!

tested 100% work!

other method like install file @1st page this thread, & using rom manager is not working!

I confirm, for me using this method is the best way to have CWMRecovery installed from SE Rom.

D4, using your APK it continues not working.
    I use in stock rom and work perfect :)