HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Search This thread

AngelofChaos

Aug 28, 2010
Winter Park, FL
It's a 2.0
Also band 2 for lte???? Isn't that 800mhz??!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

no, Band 2 and Band 25 take up the 1800-1900mhz spectrum, though Sprint will also be using the 2.5ghz spectrum currently on their WiMAX network as that is slowly converted over to LTE. Once the Nextel network is shutdown, the 800mhz spectrum can then be transferred to the LTE-Advanced upgrades coming in 2013. It hasn't been said whether the EVO 4G LTE will work on the 800 mhz spectrum either, but the Snapdragon S4 is compatible with that wavelength, so I would assume Sprint would send out a software update for it to be recognized.

Reactions: Steven 1

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
yea i no its not really but it seems like a one s variant with some specs lowered. i feel the same way im assuming it is but just kind of odd that on every site there is no mention of it..

yes it is i believe they have plans for it later on :D once they free up that band

um no the 800MHz LTE band Sprint will use is going to be band class 26. so that band there is a miss print and a real real bad one at that as that band they listed wasn't even tested at FCC for approval on the device. Only one that was tested and approved for LTE was 25.

Reactions: Steven 1

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
no, Band 2 and Band 25 take up the 1800-1900mhz spectrum, though Sprint will also be using the 2.5ghz spectrum currently on their WiMAX network as that is slowly converted over to LTE. Once the Nextel network is shutdown, the 800mhz spectrum can then be transferred to the LTE-Advanced upgrades coming in 2013. It hasn't been said whether the EVO 4G LTE will work on the 800 mhz spectrum either, but the Snapdragon S4 is compatible with that wavelength, so I would assume Sprint would send out a software update for it to be recognized.

takes antennae's and such to be able to work on that freq....its not a simple software OTA less somehow they have put some special sort of antennae's in there that could handle the ranges and all, which is real doubtful. Just b/c the chip handles it doesn't mean the hardware is there to support it. thats like saying you could flash the device over to work on GSM b/c the chip supports that band too...lol

Also the 2.6GHz is Clear's technically and its not WiMax being converted over its Clearwire putting up LTE right up next to the WiMax on already installed towers. NOT converting it over as they still have many WiMax customers through their own sales ontop of Sprints that has an agreement to support WiMax till 2015...there will be 2k Clearwire TDD LTE sites live by next June too evidently...

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
according to the gsmarena spec **** it has both the 800 and 1900mhz lte bands on the evo so i just assumed thats what that meant.. but i do believe it will support the lte on 800 band when they deploy according to this

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_evo_4g_lte-4665.php

WRONG!!!

Check the OP look for the FCC links and read the doc. plain and simple the phone was not certified for 800 LTE so its very likely that it is NOT going to cover it. right now only Sprint and HTC know the answer to that question. If they snuck a spec'd antennae in there to support it AND also plan on re-submitting the device to the FCC for testing again, then its possible....likely though?.....probably not.

also going to a gsm site for cdma phone spec.....smh lol

dylan6879

Feb 8, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
WRONG!!!

Check the OP look for the FCC links and read the doc. plain and simple the phone was not certified for 800 LTE so its very likely that it is NOT going to cover it. right now only Sprint and HTC know the answer to that question. If they snuck a spec'd antennae in there to support it AND also plan on re-submitting the device to the FCC for testing again, then its possible....likely though?.....probably not.

also going to a gsm site for cdma phone spec.....smh lol

ahh well thats pretty lame but good to know. wishful thinking for the evo to be futureproof on lte :rolleyes:

not many sites have very thorough spec sheets like that just searching and came across it. know any good sites for that kinda of stuff feel free to share haha :D

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
ahh well thats pretty lame but good to know. wishful thinking for the evo to be futureproof on lte :rolleyes:

not many sites have very thorough spec sheets like that just searching and came across it. know any good sites for that kinda of stuff feel free to share haha :D

future proofing in the cell phone area is near impossible to do...next EVO will likely be close to it more than ever before really though. LTE Advanced likely incorporated in the Qualcomm SoC used then, on top of all 3 LTE bands...least thats my theory given LTE-Advanced is in Qualcomm chips and also Clears TDD LTE later this year...

anandtech is one of the most thorough review sites out that is NOT biased in any way toward anyone...
now for network related stuff i stick to s4gru.com...link in my sig as they have been on top of the stuff sprint network related form day one.

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Is the 800mhz for their new 3g? Cause LTE is taking the 1900 what will 3g be on

jakester99

May 2, 2012
I was reading Sprint's press release for this phone and noticed this:

"HTC EVO 4G LTE is one of the first devices available with Sprint Professional Grade, a new designation for select smartphones that deliver enhanced security, device management and Exchange Active Sync capabilities to business users. "

I just hope this "Sprint Professional Grade" designation doesn't mean later on there will be another $10 add-on fee.

August 1st before I can upgrade...counting down the days :(

dylan6879

Feb 8, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
future proofing in the cell phone area is near impossible to do...next EVO will likely be close to it more than ever before really though. LTE Advanced likely incorporated in the Qualcomm SoC used then, on top of all 3 LTE bands...least thats my theory given LTE-Advanced is in Qualcomm chips and also Clears TDD LTE later this year...

anandtech is one of the most thorough review sites out that is NOT biased in any way toward anyone...
now for network related stuff i stick to s4gru.com...link in my sig as they have been on top of the stuff sprint network related form day one.

well thank god im not the type to keep my phones for long im to addicted to having the latest and greatest haha. havent even gotten this evo and already cant wait to see whats in store next summer :D

just checked out the anandtech preview seems legit and it actually is the only site i see that has mentioned it is an f2.0 camera! will have to go by them from now on. as for s4gru been checking there to see updates on the lte rollout its a great site

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Is the 800mhz for their new 3g? Cause LTE is taking the 1900 what will 3g be on

800 will first be for 1xadvance data and voice but they also have room for a small LTE carrier too on it in most places...1900 is doing the normal duties with LTE added...

Read around S4gru.com a ton and you'll grasp what all is being done here in the future...deff worth the time to read there imho.

Reactions: ckoadiyn

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
800 will first be for 1xadvance data and voice but they also have room for a small LTE carrier too on it in most places...1900 is doing the normal duties with LTE added...

Read around S4gru.com a ton and you'll grasp what all is being done here in the future...deff worth the time to read there imho.

I have some just haven't had the chance to really dig in and thanks knew 800 was for something couldn't remember tho.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
well thank god im not the type to keep my phones for long im to addicted to having the latest and greatest haha. havent even gotten this evo and already cant wait to see whats in store next summer :D

just checked out the anandtech preview seems legit and it actually is the only site i see that has mentioned it is an f2.0 camera! will have to go by them from now on. as for s4gru been checking there to see updates on the lte rollout its a great site

Yeah I can not express how much better anandtech is for device reviews...complete 100% unbiased reviews unlike everyone else, and they also go wayyyyy more indepth than anyone making comparisons on there actually worth a Dang. Lol

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Can I get a link to the review all I'm finding is hd voice

cfbauer

Sep 22, 2011
San Diego
I was reading Sprint's press release for this phone and noticed this:

"HTC EVO 4G LTE is one of the first devices available with Sprint Professional Grade, a new designation for select smartphones that deliver enhanced security, device management and Exchange Active Sync capabilities to business users. "

I just hope this "Sprint Professional Grade" designation doesn't mean later on there will be another $10 add-on fee.

August 1st before I can upgrade...counting down the days :(
Might just mean more bloatware. I hope not.

.Elite_The_King.

Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
I have some just haven't had the chance to really dig in and thanks knew 800 was for something couldn't remember tho.

Untitled20120509223500.png

Reactions: ckoadiyn

Top Liked Posts