[APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

Search This thread

hawkye

May 25, 2010
I could never get it to work but latest works fine after rebooting phone and watch. Excited to see where this goes.

empeg

Jan 2, 2007
So is this working with the native Gmail app now? Or is it still being routed to the email app?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Works with native Gmail app. On standard fw, no root or anything.
Gear displays sender and subject.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

misticjeff

Nov 26, 2009
Porto, Portugal
misticriver.net
Works with native Gmail app. On standard fw, no root or anything.
Gear displays sender and subject.

Yeah sender and subject but need body of message too. I'm in agreement with the earlier poster, perhaps see how Public Works because on my Pebble I can see everything in Gmail not just sender and subject.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

sepiroth887

Oct 5, 2013
Problem with full text for gmail is the way the mail is presented in the notification. Currently I dont look into all fields to figure out which is body text. Future versions might do that.

My focus right now is to improve stability and usability flow.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kons45

retropug

Nov 29, 2010
HELP!

So do I need to do anything with the app on the gear itself...cause if I try to launch by tapping it on the gear it shows the message ATN Manager has stopped. Also I thought we were not supposed to have GMAIL checked in gear manger and only on ATN manager ...I just want to be clear on this and of the folks that have found it to be working are they running the newer version of gear manager or the original?

Mongomeri

Apr 13, 2005
Viareggio ITALY
Ok, maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong because I have not successfully gotten it to work yet.

I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (non rooted) and I have NOT updated Gear Manager...it is whatever it was out of the box. My Gear is NOT rooted either though I have side loaded many apps.

I followed this procedure:

1. uninstalled previous version of the program, because I have been trying each one, on the phone and the watch using Go Mobile Wondershare

2. I downloaded the latest 1.2 version

3. Installed the 1.2 on the phone and on the watch using Go Mobile Wondershare.

4. Opened the App on the phone and selected I believe 4 or 5 things...GMAIL, EMAIL, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE+, EXCHANGE SERVICES

5. I rebooted both devices.

6. I went into the App again to make sure everything was still checked and it was.

7. Went into the Gear Manager on the phone and verified under settings just ATN Manager was checked as well as Incoming calls, missed call and weather widget

8. Next I went into the settings of the phone and under security and notification access and made sure it was checked there.

I first did a test from my work email to my gmail and turned the display off on the phone and watch and waited....the phone buzzed to signal an incoming Gmail and I did not see any type of notification displayed on the phone..I checked my Notifications and there was not a number showing I missing anything. Now when Gmail has been checked on gear manger I would at least see the message saying I missed a gmail and I could view it on the device..

So do you have to actually run the app on the Galaxy Gear itself at all or is just installing it enough. When I have tried to run it previously I would get a black screen and then it would kinda hang. Does it matter I am not running the latest version of the galaxy gear software on my phone..I did not update because I was afraid I would have to reinstall apps and such.

I feel like I am just missing something simple but any help is appreciated. I would love to get it working because it looks awesome.

Thanks,

Scott

From the first page:
Installation:
Download the ATNManager.apk
put it anywhere on your phone
run it and hit install
go to Settings >> Security >> Notifications
enable ATN Manager
open the app, select what apps to show notifications for
Happy times

No installations in the gear are required (just on the phone).

Last edited:

Castellano2

Nov 22, 2008
I have question. I checked few apps - gmail, email, facebook, fb messenger, whatsapp, messages, ant+ and other stuff with notification title (do not know if it is required)... so Whatsapp works fine but one friend wrote me on fb and on the galaxy gear was displayed some numbers. After a while someone liked status and it showed very nice. Do u know why they were numbers? I have installed from gear store fbquickview too so I do not know if fb is working from ATM or from fbquick...
Second option: if I check ATM as standard does common notification work normal??

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
Though I would try it but now I have uninstalled but keep getting one annoying message all the time, I have reset gear still no look, uninstall from phone. . Is there any thing else I can do please

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

doeboy7177

Aug 11, 2007
numbers only when i get multiple emails

I was just wondering if anyone else was just getting a single number when you get multiple emails or notifications. works great when I get a single notification I get the sender and subject. I would love to get the whole message but I know that is being worked on. any help would be Great I have. note 3 and galaxy gear of course both not rooted.

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Seriously Sepiroth887 this app has come a long way man!

Im very very impressed!

Keep up the good work!

What is next on your agenda??

Im from SamMobile and we are writing a article about your app!

Cheers Martin!

Reactions: sepiroth887

PRTEQ

Aug 30, 2005
Puerto Rico
I was just wondering if anyone else was just getting a single number when you get multiple emails or notifications. works great when I get a single notification I get the sender and subject. I would love to get the whole message but I know that is being worked on. any help would be Great I have. note 3 and galaxy gear of course both not rooted.

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Sepiroth are you planning to implement the thing when your phones screen is on it will not send any notifications..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

LATEST VERSION: v1.2.3.1_pre

Installation:

I stopped developing and distributing this app due to the latest Gear firmware release which brings full notifications to all apps. This is far superior to the ATN app and I will defer to Samsung on this one ^^

Thanks for the support and feedback, you guys made this a really fun experience! Cheerio
    The latest gear manager displays the entire text.

It does indeed, im quite impressed by the new functionality even though it looks and feels almost like a copy of my work :p (jk) it was bound to look that way really ^^

With this update I will call it quits because there is no way i will be able to provide a better experience without a major overhaul for which I just don't have the time yet. Also the SDK is still missing so I don't like expanding on something that is working quite well just now.

I had a blast developing it and learned a ton about Android and the gear and the XDA Community is fantastic and really supportive! Thanks again for all your support and feedback and I hope you have a great experience with the Gear going forward.

Cheerio!
    Ok guys, im really getting nowhere with content parsing for individual apps. I will change approach.

Stick with whatever version works best for now and I start working on v2.

V2 ill try and pass every bit of text I find in the first notification of an app and then leave it to the user to select what content to show for title and body. Any subsequent app notifications will then follow this format.

Drawback is upon uninstall people will have to redo that.... but I will also add an export settings option to backup those settings.

This is a major piece of work though, so it might take me a while to get it done. Hang tight ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Id saty away from 1.2.3.1 for now. I should be able to release a 2.0 soon, hopefully before start of next week. :beer:

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Yes, as quickly as possible, id like to avoid breaking other apps in the process of getting hangouts et al to work.

I shouldnt have churned out the forst versions so quickly, now people might expect that to be the norm. Sorry to tell you I still have a busy job and the wife needs attention too. Im doing my best to fit the app development in though :) patience :p

No rant at any one person! Just letting folks know to adjust expectations

Sent from my SM-N900T