sd card wont mount/g1 wont read it

Search This thread

scriblz07

Aug 11, 2007
well i was trying to run the app through the sd card.so i patitioned my card and wat not.but now the phone says "sd removed"please insert a card".i formatted the card so many times and still wont work.any help/suggestions how to fix my sd card
thanx:(:confused:

Last edited:

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
well i was trying to run the app through the sd card.so i patitioned my card and wat not.but now the phone says "sd removed"please insert a card".i formatted the card so many times and still wont work.any help/suggestions how to fix my sd card
thanx:(:confused:

remove the card from the phone first. reboot. put the card back in. go and delete all the partitions on your card using your partition program. Recreate the FAT32 and EXT2 partitions.

flcl

Jan 27, 2009
sd card wont mount/g1 wont....

Maybe the g1 has a headache!

Keep an eye on the sdcard by going to menu.settings.sdcard... that should tell you the status. Re-boot usually gets rid of all my problems if my phone does not read my card for watever reason.

scriblz07

Aug 11, 2007
remove the card from the phone first. reboot. put the card back in. go and delete all the partitions on your card using your partition program. Recreate the FAT32 and EXT2 partitions.

i removed it so many times and rebooted so many times it still wont get it.i tried with another sd card and still wont read it.i deleted the partition and formatted the card.but no signs of working

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
damn I got the same problem now lol. even worse, i needed the DREAIMG.nbh that was on my sd card, but now that doesnt work anymore.

flcl

Jan 27, 2009
yea thats wat im doing now.im formatting it on my laptop.also how come a connect the phone through usb and i mount the card it wont come up on My Computer as a removable disk??

Its been a while since I fooled around with the sdcard and usb... but... I do remember installing some drivers for something or another (let me see what it was and if it is related some how... ) ill get back to you....

im.l0ltn

Nov 9, 2008
yea, I'm having the same problem. The phone wont read the fat32 partition but it'll read the ext2. Trying to fix it tonight though.

samysam05

Apr 6, 2008
If you are using ubuntu partition editor that will happen.. happened to me a good amount of times. Try formating it on a windows machine as a Fat32 and replug it on linux and it should work. That's what worked for me... took a couple of attempts... good luck!
hope you had backup your sd card

scriblz07

Aug 11, 2007
well i got my card working again.i think something went wrong when i partioned it and maybe it had something to do with the theme.i put the dreaimg.nbh and the update folder and luckily the phone read it.so it put me back to jf 1.30 rc30.so then i went back and updated.but as soon as the theme got erased everything went back to normal

andonnguyen

Nov 12, 2008
Try this if you have windows, it worked for me, finally.

Use disk management:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management

In Computer Management, click "Disk Management" on the left which is under "Storage." In the lower portion on the right, you should see a list of all the volumes. Right-click on the one you want to format and click "Format"

If it is a removeable drive you want to format, use "Removable Storage" under "Storage" instead of "Disk Management."

Thanks to: http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/44545/

Yeah, even paragon partition manager was reading it wrong, but windows disk management was able to format it back to fat32 without any problem.

Last edited:

ripsphone

Feb 5, 2009
Denton Texas
ok.thanx.do you mean the adb interface drivers??because i have that installed

I installed this driver today to do the custom splash screen. And now, my computer does not recognize the phone as a USB storage device.

When I plug in the phone, I get the "mount/don't mount" option. I chose mount. When I go into My Computer, the phones MicroSD card isn't there?

Any ideas?