By shabbypenguin, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th October 2013, 08:20 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Shabbypenguin and the OUDHS
presents to you

OUDHS Touch CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.6
for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Read this whole post before doing anything

Enjoy

Do not restore a backup until this whole Selinux thing is figured out, its not a bug in this recovery its purely security on all the note 3's

ODIN tar - OUDHS CWM-based Recovery 1.0.3.6
Odin 3.04

Directions:

1) Download the above files
2) Extract Odin3-3.04.zip and copy the tar that you downloaded into the folder
3) Run Odin as an administrator
4) Power your device off
5) Enter download mode
6a) Connect your phone to your computer
6b) Wait for drivers to finish installing if they need to be
7) You should see Odin find your device by marking a blue square in the ID COM box
8) Click on PDA and choose the recovery tar you downloaded
9) Disable auto-reboot
10) When it says finished you need to pull the battery out
11) You need to unplug it and enter recovery

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats you now have CWM now if you wish to root youll need to follow these instructions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SuperSU

Directions:

1) Download the above file
2) Connect your phone and copy them to your phone
3) Once they are copied power down your device
4) Hold volume up and power to enter recovery
5) Navigate recovery by using the volume keys and power to select
6) Choose install zip from sdcard, then pick internal or external (where you copied it to)
7) Scroll down to the Superuser.zip and select it to install
8) IF IT ASKS TO FIX ROOT CHOOSE NO

Congrats you are rooted! this procedure will work on any firmware update you guys get

Credits:
Members of the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad (OUDHS) for being the best we can for those whom need us
@JoshBeach for testing.
@utkanos & @garwynn for teh crash course on DTB
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shabbypenguin Ad-Free

4th October 2013, 08:21 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,423

Donate to Me
More
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shabbypenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shabbypenguin Ad-Free
4th October 2013, 08:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Swipe action/power button not working...
The swipe action nor the power button allow you to select an option. Did you, by chance, post a "Test" version of this??
4th October 2013, 08:43 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
in teh Op i list the bugs

and version 2 apparently fixed both. fully working now
4th October 2013, 08:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbypenguin

in teh Op i list the bugs

and version 2 apparently fixed both. fully working now

Ahhh, I see it. Guess we'll have to wait for an update unless there's another way around it I've never heard of (LOL)
4th October 2013, 08:52 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianrance

Ahhh, I see it. Guess we'll have to wait for an update unless there's another way around it I've never heard of (LOL)

its almsot fully working, recompiling final version
4th October 2013, 09:01 PM |#7  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

its almsot fully working, recompiling final version

so you're saying we have full root access and functional cwm?? if so, i love you and you sir have a 6-pack of your choice of drink coming as soon as i get home.
4th October 2013, 09:11 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0path

so you're saying we have full root access and functional cwm?? if so, i love you and you sir have a 6-pack of your choice of drink coming as soon as i get home.

indeed, the version currently in OP should work fully now. using supersu 1.65 should net you root. just gutta wait for teh awesome devs to make yall some roms now. there are some things still left needed to be fixed for 4.3/note3 stuff.

dont restore any backups until this selinux stuff is fixed/figured out, luckily its a note 3 issue so all the note 3 people will be working on it .

this is a 4.3 thing but dont have my recovery fix root/remove scripts. you need them for root, when i get some time ill trash that stuff and compile a better version but for now just click no
4th October 2013, 09:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

indeed, the version currently in OP should work fully now. using supersu 1.65 should net you root. just gutta wait for teh awesome devs to make yall some roms now. there are some things still left needed to be fixed for 4.3/note3 stuff.

dont restore any backups until this selinux stuff is fixed/figured out, luckily its a note 3 issue so all the note 3 people will be working on it .

this is a 4.3 thing but dont have my recovery fix root/remove scripts. you need them for root, when i get some time ill trash that stuff and compile a better version but for now just click no

Thank you for your work on this - I am amazed that you rooted the 3 so quickly!

When you say don't restore any backups, are you talking about Nandroids or TiBU files?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th October 2013, 09:49 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyPowered

Thank you for your work on this - I am amazed that you rooted the 3 so quickly!

When you say don't restore any backups, are you talking about Nandroids or TiBU files?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nandroids, currently there is an issue where selinux flag isnt being set properly when restoring data and then causes bootloops. titanium backup should be good

just to be clear, i didnt root the note 3, you guys had an unlocked bootloader it means rooting was as simple as flashing recovery. i included rooting steps in my OP to help people out.
5th October 2013, 12:32 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Flag Albany, NY
Thanks Meter: 31,785

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Great Work Shabby!

Thanks for allowing me to assist you in getting it up and running!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoshBeach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoshBeach Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread