[ROM] WW Stock Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 - for unlocked devices

Search This thread

sparkdroid

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
I'm having a problem that I don't know how to fix. I was previously using an earlier version of TeamBaked BlackBean ROM which was on JellyBean. Because I was already on a JB rom, I tried flashing "WW_epad-user-redvirus-10.4.2.15-forJB.zip" which doesn't include the JB bootloader or recovery (I was happy with CWM and didn't want TWRP).

Something didn't work so I flashed "WW_epad-user-redvirus-10.4.2.15.zip" and everything worked well. I had the new rom working fine but unfortunately had TWRP. I am now trying to go back to ClockWorkMod Recovery and am having difficulty. I have tried some of the methods in these threads with no luck so far:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601942
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1576937

What is happening at the moment is I can boot up into android without any problems. I cannot get into recovery. If I boot up and hold PWR+VOL- I get the selection screen with 4 options (RCK, Android, USB, Wipe Data) but when I select "RCK", I get nothing. It says "Booting Recovery kernel image" but just freezes there. If I select "Android" I boot normally (I haven't tried the other 2 selections).

I have tried installing CWM from the app and everything says it completed successfully but I get the same results when I try to enter during boot.

I tried downloading this file "http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.8.2.0-tf201.img" and copied it to /cwm.img and using the following command but that didn't work:
Code:
$ su
# dd if=/cwm.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

Any advice?

Helsie

Aug 3, 2010
Can this be installed via cwm?

Yes, it can. ;)

I'm actually not kicking this topic to give this reply, but to ask a question myself. I just flashed this ROM to bring my Jellybean bootloader unlocked device back to 'kind of stock' (selling it because I will now live my life on the new Nexus7 :) ). Thanks a lot for this ROM! But I was wondering: is this the newest ROM that is available as stock ROM? I want to give my buyer the latest software on the TF Prime. Thanks!

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
Yes, it can. ;)

I'm actually not kicking this topic to give this reply, but to ask a question myself. I just flashed this ROM to bring my Jellybean bootloader unlocked device back to 'kind of stock' (selling it because I will now live my life on the new Nexus7 :) ). Thanks a lot for this ROM! But I was wondering: is this the newest ROM that is available as stock ROM? I want to give my buyer the latest software on the TF Prime. Thanks!

This shows all releases.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21065580&postcount=2

devcager

Jun 16, 2010
www.michaelpetrus.com
Hey,

I have CM11 and when I was checking my bootloader the last number was "18". Have Clockwork recovery. I want to go back to JB. Can I just flash this ROM without bootloader and recovery? Is it safe? I'm not sure about those bootloaders and numbers. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Jelly Bean ROM for unlocked Transformer Prime

Info:
    • Stock ROM based on WW Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 (Android 4.1.1)
    • Fully deodexed
    • Rooted
    • New JB bootloader included
    • TWRP 2.2.2.1 recovery for JB included
    • Can be flashed over any ROM

Warning:
    Use this rom at your own risk. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.
    I strongly recommend enabling NVFlash before flashing this ROM here. You CAN NOT enable NVFlash on JB bootloader!!
    Use only recovery made for JB or you can brick device.

Instruction:
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Copy the file to your device and reboot into recovery
    3. Wipe data/cache (factory reset) - optional
    4. Flash the ROM update zip
    5. Reboot and wait for final flash and then let the device boot up (it will take some time)
    6. Enjoy Jelly Bean

Download:
    WW_epad-user-redvirus-10.4.2.15.zip - 336.68 MB

MD5:a2ab74c20fd3bd1946396c1d0370c4b5

Version without bootloader and recovery:
    Only for those with JB bootloader!!
    WW_epad-user-redvirus-10.4.2.15-forJB.zip - 328.98 MB

MD5:a62c643ec27597c771b73d7f62ecbade

Thank you sparkym3 for your guide
    Just for the record: I have a CM10 preview rom with CWM 5.8.3.4 currently on my Prime. Am I able to just wipe and flash this like any normal rom? I was told I'd have to revert back to stock ICS before flashing the new release or it might brick.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    I also manually updated, lost root, and can't get adb or fastboot to work... And now I'm stuck with the stock recovery, which won't let me select anything. Is there something I need to do first?

i dont know . i lost root and also did not have a recovery . i had to fastboot a recovery >>>>> fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery twrp.blob. but the adb would not work so i just attempted to flash this and now everything works

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    I switched off root on a CM10 JB rom and it still didn't work. And it works on ICS roms with root. Until someone tells me otherwise, I think the new JB bootloader erases the drm keys which Movies needs.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

I think the DRM keys arent present / working in CM JB at the moment, i know Craig tried to get them ported but no go. I cant see the new bootloader erasing the keys as they are needed for the totally stock ROM.
    I think the new google play on JB increased DRM protection, sorry ive not seen anyone get this to work, wish i could help more :(