Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2011, 03:02 AM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welard

mass storage not connecting......anyone else facing this problem?

USB mass storage has never worked (on looped mounts).

You can kinda fake it with Droid Explorer, it uses ADB to 'fake' USB mass storage.

17th July 2011, 10:23 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

USB mass storage has never worked (on looped mounts).

You can kinda fake it with Droid Explorer, it uses ADB to 'fake' USB mass storage.

ok thanks alot....
17th July 2011, 12:02 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Had to use a different kernel as yours wouldnt let it boot up

Working:
installing apps, no fc, its connecting to wifi nicely, only dropped once so far, connected to google account fine, coping nicely with downloading and installing multiple apps!!! i like that the others i have tried freeze up

Defect list:
Power control wigit loads frame but not icons on first load
froze when opening camera the second time had to battery pull! on first load
On restart attempt seemed to load haret ok, boot speed and time impoved compaired to first load, still lightly juddering boot animation
On second boot reloaded power control wigit, now displays correctly
Downloading and installing two apps at once navigating home screens caused 20second freeze up.
As someone said the motions but not the workings for usb connection, i cant get droid explorer to see my device so :(
BT is reallly messed up using app "bluetooth file transfer", just loops itself to death, killings wi-fi as well, not kwl
Using phones bluetooth in settings, my computer says unable to send blah blah then when i turn off bluetooth the wifi is dropped might be connected

Can i overclock stably with this mod?
How do i get the front facing camera working?
17th July 2011, 03:04 PM |#14  
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,681

More
FRX07 with CWM
I just succeeded in starting FRX07 as a CWM build.
But the startup wizard seems to be a little bit crazy. It's my first try to make a CWM build, so no wonder there are problems.

If I really can make a stable build I will post the results here.
17th July 2011, 03:15 PM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphecca911

Can i overclock stabley with this mod?
How do i get the front facing camera working?

I couldn't really follow you post, these were the only questions I could find..

You can overclock - stably, dunno. I don't, so you tell me if you can OC.

Front-facing cam doesn't work, kernel issue not build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiDai

I just succeeded in starting FRX07 as a CWM build.
But the startup wizard seems to be a little bit crazy. It's my first try to make a CWM build, so no wonder there are problems.

If I really can make a stable build I will post the results here.

Startup wizard...? There isn't a startup wizard on XDAndroid builds...
17th July 2011, 03:33 PM |#16  

More
yes i am sorry for that, i have just been note taking as i have been instaling and testing in the event that someone came, they could assist. I have it up and running now but it didnt work using ur kernel. (wouldnt boot) i have listed defects so far.

Thankyou for your answers to my questions.

Great rom, best i have tried
17th July 2011, 03:39 PM |#17  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphecca911

yes i am sorry for that, i have just been note taking as i have been instaling and testing in the event that someone came, they could assist. I have it up and running now but it didnt work using ur kernel. (wouldnt boot) i have listed defects so far.

Thankyou for your answers to my questions.

Great rom, best i have tried

Hrm. I've heard BLAC doesn't work on the newest kernel... I'll have to ask emwe, he had a list of changes for FRX07 release, but I assumed they were RHOD-only... Perhaps something is effecting BLAC that isn't supposed to be .

I don't have a BLAC, so you'll have to help me - what is the newest kernel that does work? 20110711_082424? Also, how far does it get in the process? If adb is up, logs would be appreciated. Thanks.
17th July 2011, 03:41 PM |#18  
Flag Maastricht

More
Allright I'm running into problems! Haret starts and I get as far as the linux boot animation, but then the phone crashes and reboots... anyone else experiencing this?
17th July 2011, 03:43 PM |#19  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdacier

Allright I'm running into problems! Haret starts and I get as far as the linux boot animation, but then the phone crashes and reboots... anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry mate, seems the newest kernel isn't BLAC friendly! Please tell me which kernel does work... Use the autobuild service and try older kernels. First post has details on how to change your kernel, plus links to autobuild service...

To alphecca911 - most of your issues seem to be first boot related. Remember, you should let it sit on first boot so all the processes that run on first boot have plenty of time to work! I usually let it sit until it sleeps. I've had a lot of weird issues trying to do too many things on first boot on the device... I am impatient just like you probably . Just fight it .
17th July 2011, 03:43 PM |#20  
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,681

More
Quote:

Startup wizard...? There isn't a startup wizard on XDAndroid builds...

That might explain a lot
I just checked the system/app folder in the frx07 package. Of course you're right. I copied apps into this without looking. And there was an old SetupWizard.apk.

But just in the moment I started frx07 without any error.

Now I can start to make a real nice package for CWM. And "most" important: try a different boot animation.

I have to thank all XDAndroid developers for this and arrrghhh here for pointing me to it with his posts.

Really great job you are doing here at XDA developers

Thanks
17th July 2011, 03:52 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Hrm. I've heard BLAC doesn't work on the newest kernel... I'll have to ask emwe, he had a list of changes for FRX07 release, but I assumed they were RHOD-only... Perhaps something is effecting BLAC that isn't supposed to be .

I don't have a BLAC, so you'll have to help me - what is the newest kernel that does work? 20110711_082424? Also, how far does it get in the process? If adb is up, logs would be appreciated. Thanks.

htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615 is the one im using now and it works Its the one in this bundle that didnt for me. It all loaded to the android boot screen fine but then died and restarted into WM before android starts.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)