Thanks Meter: 3,834

By arrrghhh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th July 2011, 05:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2011, 03:52 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Hrm. I've heard BLAC doesn't work on the newest kernel... I'll have to ask emwe, he had a list of changes for FRX07 release, but I assumed they were RHOD-only... Perhaps something is effecting BLAC that isn't supposed to be .

I don't have a BLAC, so you'll have to help me - what is the newest kernel that does work? 20110711_082424? Also, how far does it get in the process? If adb is up, logs would be appreciated. Thanks.

htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615 is the one im using now and it works Its the one in this bundle that didnt for me. It all loaded to the android boot screen fine but then died and restarted into WM before android starts.

17th July 2011, 03:55 PM |#22  

More
Music player is juddery but plays
Doesnt play .avi files do i need an app??
17th July 2011, 03:56 PM |#23  
Flag Maastricht

More
Quote:

Sorry mate, seems the newest kernel isn't BLAC friendly! Please tell me which kernel does work... Use the autobuild service and try older kernels. First post has details on how to change your kernel, plus links to autobuild service...

To alphecca911 - most of your issues seem to be first boot related. Remember, you should let it sit on first boot so all the processes that run on first boot have plenty of time to work! I usually let it sit until it sleeps. I've had a lot of weird issues trying to do too many things on first boot on the device... I am impatient just like you probably . Just fight it .

Tested and using: htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615 Build right now. Seems to work nicely and fast!
17th July 2011, 03:59 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdacier

Tested and using: htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615 Build right now. Seems to work nicely and fast!

lol now you have two people saying that kernel works nicely, duno what was wrong with the one in your package
17th July 2011, 04:10 PM |#25  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphecca911

Music player is juddery but plays
Doesnt play .avi files do i need an app??

Yes, you would need an app to play .avi's. Music has been an issue on BLAC for a long time. People were kill -9'ing the [battery] process. Not the best solution, but obviously something in the battery code is not playing nicely with BLAC.

Need some kernel dev with a BLAC - or a kind person to donate their BLAC to a willing kernel dev (not sure who at this point, not many kernel devs have a lot of free time )

Quote:

lol now you have two people saying that kernel works nicely, duno what was wrong with the one in your package

Heh. Thanks guys, will add to caveat list!
17th July 2011, 04:12 PM |#26  

More
not happy phone, didnt like overclocking to 700mhz .... duno why

BUT! 620mhz - The boot screen animation seems faster and smoother and its loaded. I have noticed its quicker during usage as well.

Music sounds like it could be a Clockspeed issue, i bet if it had 1ghz in their it wouldnt do that... its that sound you get when u overload ur laptop with stuff whilst playing music .... ?
17th July 2011, 04:18 PM |#27  
Flag Maastricht

More
Just experience my first auto reboot when trying to install spareparts! Wouldn't that be a hint to get is stock in the rom? That way we could map the CALL_END button to HOME....
17th July 2011, 04:42 PM |#28  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

not happy phone, didnt like overclocking to 700mhz .... duno why

BUT! 620mhz - The boot screen animation seems faster and smoother and its loaded. I have noticed its quicker during usage as well.

Music sounds like it could be a Clockspeed issue, i bet if it had 1ghz in their it wouldnt do that... its that sound you get when u overload ur laptop with stuff whilst playing music .... ?

RHOD has the same processor basically and it doesn't happen on this device... Something is screwy in the battery code, because if you kill that process the issue goes away, yes? I had some info on this issue, and I started to post it in the caveat list - but I can't find the actual info I was looking for. Need to do more research... Wish I had the device so I could help moar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdacier

Just experience my first auto reboot when trying to install spareparts! Wouldn't that be a hint to get is stock in the rom? That way we could map the CALL_END button to HOME....

From the Market...? Why don't you just use the one in the AndroidApps/Other folder...?

Either way, this is mapped on RHOD now. I'll ask stine about getting it mapped for BLAC as well.
17th July 2011, 05:44 PM |#29  

More
Kernel
Do I have to rename the zImage file coming with the Kernel for BLAC to zImage or do i leave it at zImage_20110622_180615 and just delete the zImage which is included in your bundle?

EDIT:

I renamed the zImage which came along the other Kernel you suggested to use and installed everything following the instructions. Works like a charm! Thank you so much!
17th July 2011, 07:36 PM |#30  
Inactive Recognized Developer
EU
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:

Music has been an issue on BLAC for a long time. People were kill -9'ing the [battery] process. Not the best solution, but obviously something in the battery code is not playing nicely with BLAC.
Heh. Thanks guys, will add to caveat list!

Hi arrrghhh,
For the audio stuttering issue, there was already a patch that G3rm0 included into his mod roofts in this thread
He included JB's audio patch.
17th July 2011, 07:37 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
How to change key mapping.
i need home key in android.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)