FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

11,910 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,834

By arrrghhh, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th July 2011, 05:56 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th July 2011, 12:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
[QUOTE=farukb;15628656]i had a sod and now i can't boot,the animation just keeps looping...hw buttons vibrate then i touch them,but do not work....power button doesn't work either

happened to me once before,but i don't know what i did to solve it...i maybe deleted the data.img

this time i tried to wipe and format the partition,didn't help
i tried with fresh files (except for the data.img) but still nothing...

@arrrghhh: wanna swap with me for your rhodium,if you want it badly?

@werald and others:if we are going to donate a device,it'd be best to donate it do a dev,maybe stinebd,don't know[/Q

if stinebd is the one to do it for us then maybe some one should ask him.......then we can get the ball rolling for our blackstone......

14th July 2011, 12:39 AM |#22  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welard

if stinebd is the one to do it for us then maybe some one should ask him.......then we can get the ball rolling for our blackstone......

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Development_Team

stinebd, phhusson,maybe babijoee,depends who has more time and will...but argh will deal that with them....

general note:be extremely careful when donating a device,i remember some donations that went bad
14th July 2011, 12:49 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farukb

stinebd, phhusson,maybe babijoee,depends who has more time and will...but argh will deal that with them....

general note:be extremely careful when donating a device,i remember some donations that went bad

ebay is a good place to start.......how meny is willing if they want android on there blackstone........
14th July 2011, 01:22 AM |#24  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i had a sod and now i can't boot,the animation just keeps looping...hw buttons vibrate then i touch them,but do not work....power button doesn't work either

happened to me once before,but i don't know what i did to solve it...i maybe deleted the data.img

Huh... you can rename the data.img to data.img.bak or whatever and boot again to at least rule that out. Haven't had that happen.

Quote:

@arrrghhh: wanna swap with me for your rhodium,if you want it badly?

LOL I'd like to help you guys out but I'm not sure I'd want to giveup my RHOD... perhaps my tester RHOD, but my main one is tied to my Sprint account and a GSM BLAC would be pretty useless to me .

Quote:

@werald and others:if we are going to donate a device,it'd be best to donate it do a dev,maybe stinebd,don't know

I wouldn't mind testing on it, but you're right a dev would be better - kernel dev would probably help that device more than any other. Not sure who would be willing to accept it to fix it up, but I've coordinated several donations. None have gone awry.

Quote:

phh & babijoee aren't really active any longer. stinebd doesn't have much time, and isn't a kernel dev.

What has gone awry? Feel free to respond via PM, but like I said I've coordinated several donations and haven't had a single issue - other than perhaps lengthy ship times .
14th July 2011, 10:14 AM |#25  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 156

More
if i remember right one time tom codon was promising to make some devices walk on water and when he got them,he just abandoned development...so i'm generally speaking,and am not referring to you at all...too bad i don't have a spare one
14th July 2011, 11:42 AM |#26  

More
neither do i have a spare blackstone..........anyone out there do u have a blackstone collecting dust (SHOUT)........
14th July 2011, 09:54 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Blackstone user...
Hey guys,

Official blackstone user here. Tried putting the Gingerbread 2.3.3 build on there. Started like a charm. Besides bluetooth not working (as mentioned), I went to fiddle around with it some more. I tried typing some stuff however, that ended up in NOT showing the keyboard completely. It sort of has a total of 3mm worth of keyboard available. Not actually showing any keys.

Anybody know why that is? Is that a fault in the build or am I just not doing something right?

Am trying this Blackstone with Android for a month or so just till I get a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 2.3.4 on it.

Regards,

Remon
14th July 2011, 10:46 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrijdonck

Hey guys,

Official blackstone user here. Tried putting the Gingerbread 2.3.3 build on there. Started like a charm. Besides bluetooth not working (as mentioned), I went to fiddle around with it some more. I tried typing some stuff however, that ended up in NOT showing the keyboard completely. It sort of has a total of 3mm worth of keyboard available. Not actually showing any keys.

Anybody know why that is? Is that a fault in the build or am I just not doing something right?

Am trying this Blackstone with Android for a month or so just till I get a Samsung Galaxy S2 with 2.3.4 on it.

Regards,

Remon

You noticed the BT caveat, but somehow missed this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another.

Swype was recommended, as was another one in that link on the second post...
15th July 2011, 12:22 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Actually saw that like 10 minutes after posting it.. I know, RTFM. Tried the first suggested one, that one is absolute ****. Going to try the Swype one, but it's not available on Android Market.. Any suggestions on where to find it? Or let me guess, google and thou shalt find?
15th July 2011, 12:33 AM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrijdonck

Actually saw that like 10 minutes after posting it.. I know, RTFM. Tried the first suggested one, that one is absolute ****. Going to try the Swype one, but it's not available on Android Market.. Any suggestions on where to find it? Or let me guess, google and thou shalt find?

lol. Soft kbd works fine for me, but I don't have a BLAC - not sure why it doesn't work OOB on that device...

At any rate, I have no clue how to get Swype. Someone earlier said you have to sign up for some beta test or smth? I've never used it, couldn't get used to it. I prefer using the real kbd... which you folks don't have .
15th July 2011, 12:48 AM |#31  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 51

More
"Keyboard from Android 2.3" works fine in Blac.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread