By ThaiDai, Senior Member on 20th July 2011, 04:39 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th July 2011, 06:07 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks Meter: 2,681

More
New version 1.02 in first post
I added the new version with a different installation type: no CWM, but uses three Ext2 partitions. Read first post for more information.

Should work on other devices than Blackstone

25th July 2011, 02:31 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this work with san disk 8gb?
25th July 2011, 03:07 PM |#23  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blc4

Does this work with san disk 8gb?

Why wouldn't it?

Should work just fine. The only cards that people seem to have serious issues with are class 10 cards. Some have had issues with class 6 cards as well...
25th July 2011, 07:44 PM |#24  

More
ThaiDai, thanks a lot for this build.
I have one problem with a clean install of version 1.02 and that is Wifi.
With the older version 0.99 i didnt have this problem. Is the naming of the Wifi device in rootfs allright?

Im using Blackstone.
25th July 2011, 10:26 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู

More
On my Blackstone with 1.02 (I checked and installed this version because of possible errors while installation 5 times) no problem with wifi.

But: please format all partitions first in Windows again. I think wifi problem results from old files in /data from build 0.99. There I had to change files for wifi and maybe this files now in the new build do not work correct with the more original build.

But I updated the first post and give you version 1.03 with a different format for system.ext2 as system.tgz (much smaller file size).
26th July 2011, 10:18 AM |#26  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdur

ThaiDai, thanks a lot for this build.
I have one problem with a clean install of version 1.02 and that is Wifi.
With the older version 0.99 i didnt have this problem. Is the naming of the Wifi device in rootfs allright?

Im using Blackstone.

could be kernel related too,if you don't succeed with what thaidai said,try another kernel
26th July 2011, 12:53 PM |#27  

More
@ThaiDai,

I reformatted all the ext2 partitions, but with the same results (no working Wifi). This is also the case when i clean install 1.03 version.

I manage to keep Wifi working when i install 0.99 CWM version first, and after that install 1.03 without manual formatting the ext2 partitions.

It is like you said the old files in /data what makes the difference, but here i need it to make Wifi work.
26th July 2011, 04:33 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู

More
It seems that he needs the wpa_supplicant.conf in data-partition and that this file isn't generated from init.rc when starting the wifi service.

I'll try later why it happens.
26th July 2011, 04:58 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Why wouldn't it?

Should work just fine. The only cards that people seem to have serious issues with are class 10 cards. Some have had issues with class 6 cards as well...

Okay i just tried to install it and in haret it says cannot find system/bin/......
26th July 2011, 05:07 PM |#30  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blc4

Okay i just tried to install it and in haret it says cannot find system/bin/......

Did you follow all of the steps...? They've been changing...

Do you have issues with other Android builds, like the looped version of FRX07? Point being, I think your issue is probably user-error and not your SD card.
26th July 2011, 09:02 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู

More
New informations about coming version 1.04 with new administrative tasks for restore, backup, update, install etc.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread