977 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,585

By fagyi, Senior Member on 1st October 2012, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2012, 12:45 PM |#11  
Flag Duisburg
Thanks Meter: 147

More
After leaving my Blackstone sitting in the dark for quite some time, I think it's time to take it out and flash something new.

Good job OP. But as mentioned, wifi is the most urgent stuff to be fixed. If you need testers I would gladly help, just pm me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ultimatepichu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultimatepichu Ad-Free

5th October 2012, 01:59 PM |#12  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
he's trying... It's really hard you know
The Following User Says Thank You to mfsr98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mfsr98 Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 02:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
boot.img install
Hi,

Giving your ROM a try. All installed well and Android came up OK. My only question is about the boot.img installation. How do I install it and what does it do?
5th October 2012, 02:50 PM |#14  
Flag Porto

More
If android is running, your boot.img is installed (boot.img is included in the flashable .zip
btw, you dont have blackstone on your sig... this is only for blackstones!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

oh, and boot.img is the kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to mfsr98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mfsr98 Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 03:03 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

If android is running, your boot.img is installed (boot.img is included in the flashable .zip
btw, you dont have blackstone on your sig... this is only for blackstones!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

oh, and boot.img is the kernel

Thanks, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.
My blackstone isn't in my sig because it is my "play" device. But if this ROM is stable and can be used as my regular phone, I may finally replace my Rhod210 running WM6.5 and make that one my play phone.
5th October 2012, 03:05 PM |#16  
Flag Porto

More
This ROM is stable, a lot faster than SD ROMs and as some functions that even work better than on SD! (like bluetooth) If you can survive w/o wifi, you're good to go!
5th October 2012, 03:09 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

This ROM is stable, a lot faster than SD ROMs and as some functions that even work better than on SD! (like bluetooth) If you can survive w/o wifi, you're good to go!

Wifi is good to have, but I can live without it if I must. BT, GPS, phone & battery life are crucial to me for navigation and music in my car so if those 2 work and 3G, I can give it a real try.
5th October 2012, 03:11 PM |#18  
Flag Porto

More
then yes, you are good to go
the only thing that can go wrong is battery life but try it out and see for yourself.
5th October 2012, 03:16 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

then yes, you are good to go
the only thing that can go wrong is battery life but try it out and see for yourself.

Well, now that it is up and running, I'll reinstall via Titanium from my Rhodium all my apps and give it a good run. Hopefully, I'll be back in a few days with GREAT reports!!!
5th October 2012, 03:17 PM |#20  
Flag Porto

More
good luck
7th October 2012, 01:08 PM |#21  

More
problems with SD card use
Quote:

good luck

OK, almost all my apps have been restored from Titanium backup and most are working well. General impression is that this ROM is GREAT!!!!. Very stable and fast. BT works without any problem and 3G data also works. Even battery use is reasonable. The only problems that I have had are SD related. Unfortunately, these are quite serious. I usually move most of my apps to SD because of the limited space available but application management is unable to move any of them. Everything that I try to move fails. In addition, I have a few programs that use the SD card to store their data and these programs eithe fail to even install, of if they do finish installation, don't come up. The most important of these is WAZE and I can't even start it up. I know that GPS works because I installed IGO and it works fine. Any ideas what SD problems are? The card works OK because I can see it in File explorer and listen to music and even run apps from it. I just can't install or move anything to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to motisu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift motisu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)