Android 2.1 (Eclair) On HTC [27 Jun 2010] (V2.5a) Voice Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

twanj

Dec 23, 2008
Venlo
I'vw got it to work! Thanks to the user guide. Evenwifi works like a cham. However i can't seem to get gprs working. I used tha APN settings from my provider (Vodafone NL) but there is something wrong :s
Could anybody point me in the right direction?
BTW iam running the full package (without any updated zimage)

Thanks in advance

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I'vw got it to work! Thanks to the user guide. Evenwifi works like a cham. However i can't seem to get gprs working. I used tha APN settings from my provider (Vodafone NL) but there is something wrong :s
Could anybody point me in the right direction?
BTW iam running the full package (without any updated zimage)

Thanks in advance

From my experience, I always cant get GPRS work for the first boot.
After setting it up, you reboot the device, wait for a minute, 3G will work.

jeanfrederic

Dec 29, 2007
Bruxelles
www.whazup.be
Hi TBM. Thx for the updated package. Its a nice job.
But may i say i have a permanent freez just after the boot with this build, have tried the Fri Jan 22 13:42:09 2010 +0100 kernel too but it does not boot at all with this one. Could it be the ROM (blackDragon1.9) i run that prevent Android to boot?

7896zx

Feb 13, 2009
can some please explain in steps how to get rid of the "waiting for SD card"? and how to get the latest updates becuase i am very confused, appericate the help!

NeO_CooL

Feb 2, 2008
same here... don´t have another sd card... arghhh...
transcend micro sdhc 4 8GB... no luck... it camed with the htc.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
can some please explain in steps how to get rid of the "waiting for SD card"? and how to get the latest updates becuase i am very confused, appericate the help!

I believe you need to try a different card. Some of the cards, specifically class6 can give this problem.

twanj

Dec 23, 2008
Venlo
From my experience, I always cant get GPRS work for the first boot.
After setting it up, you reboot the device, wait for a minute, 3G will work.

Thanx for the advice, but that does not seem to help. Funny thing us that i get a G symbol near the signal strength bar. So it seams that there is a GPRS signal, but my internet or google maps don't recognize it.
Anybody ever had the same problem or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

absolutnick

Jan 18, 2009
The apn settings tab doesnt open on my phone for some reason, it just displays a black screen? Anyone having same problem? i tried 22/1 and previous version with no luck,
Thanks

Takkie1970

Nov 16, 2007
Maybe helpeful info for the FAQ

Q. How do I make my GPRS / 3G data connection work?
A. You need to run Android on your Blackstone, then go into settings, and locate the APN settings. You need to complete the APN settings for your Operator/Carrier/MVNO. You need to find these settings for yourself I'm afraid, it's out of scope for this thread.

I found this link somewhere on XDA:

http://www.modmygphone.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings

Helped me with my settings.

JP

anto23599

Jun 27, 2008
how can i send a chinese message??
i have send a message to my friend , then she just can see somethings

like "#($&^@()#$"....

jeanfrederic

Dec 29, 2007
Bruxelles
www.whazup.be
Follow the instructions in the opening post TO THE LETTER.... no shortcuts, no 'I already know what I'm doing' etc.... it will work.
Thats what i did, TBM. And after having tried 20 times, dwldd the package 5 times, it launch, but i can't have 3G connection. I'm still investigating.
Thx for your support.

About APN settings, for MOBISTAR Belgian users, if any:
Name: Mobistar
APN: internet.be or mworld.be
Proxy: __________
Port: __________
Username: mobistar
Password: mobistar
Server: __________
MMSC: __________
MMS proxy: __________
MMS port: __________
MCC: 206
MNC: 10
APN type: default

Second APN for MMS:

Name: Mobistar MMS
APN: mms.be
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobistar.be
MMS proxy: 212.065.063.143
MMS port: 8080
APN type: mms

then reboot...

Last edited:

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
Thats what i did, TBM. And after having tried 20 times, dwldd the package 5 times, it launch, but i can't have 3G connection. I'm still investigating.
Thx for your support.

About APN settings, for MOBISTAR Belgian users, if any:
Name: Mobistar
APN: internet.be or mworld.be
MMSC: __________
MMS proxy: __________
MMS port: __________
APN type: default

Second APN for MMS:

Name: Mobistar MMS
APN: mms.be
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobistar.be
MMS proxy: 212.065.063.143
MMS port: 8080
APN type: mms

then reboot...

You said you couldn't run android at all, but now it's 3G that's not working... let's solve one problem at once. I am guessing you CAN run Android now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try turning off Manila, rebooting windows, then launching haret (just to try)

But if you really are using a clean install, you should definitely be able to boot (as long as you chose the right device during installation, and you install to SD Card)
    I run Topix 3.6 without Sense, without password, without PIN, without everything like lights enhencement... and each time i try to boot 2.2 i get a different error. This is verry strange. Now i even got a "waiting for sd card" at the end of the building :confused:²
    Sometimes it build everything, unpack and boot, but guive errors then freez.
    I keep tryin'...

EDIT: wow, after more than 20 try, i give up. Each time i try i get an other error.
    Gonna try a search about a log file...
    Iv just installed 2.1 Eclair and it works ok on My HTC Diamond but i still have some problems..I know that camera ist yet supported but i have problem with the usb..i connect my diamond with usb serial and it doesnt shows that he found my phone so i cant get into my internal storage card...Now if i want to put somethong on my Diamond i must run first Windows 6.5 and put files and stuff and than run Android...any help would be appreciated...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Probably not the best place to get noticed since FroYo is working nicely and Gingerbread is in the oven (minus neopeek's Alpha2). You do know testing for camera is on-going now with your device? Check HERE for that and check HERE for more info on the USB situation.
    :cool:
    n-Joie!
    Dear TheBrilliantMistake,

I have HTC Touch 3G (JADE), can I load the any ver Android given by u in this handset.
    if yes, then please guide, what are the setting to do.

I have tried but faced some problem. error: Terminating heret due to unhandled exception (PC=00daa494)

attachment.php

please guide me....!
    This is for Blackstone/Diamond/Raphael/Topaz/Rhodium,no Jade support
    does this support HTC Touch HD???
    have anybody tried it, any errors or bugs?
    This is for touch hd,try it