991 posts
Thanks Meter: 401

By TheBrilliantMistake, Senior Member on 3rd February 2010, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th February 2010, 07:09 PM |#21  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Now, even the last should know that transcend cards do not work!

4th February 2010, 08:02 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodos123

The android development is going fast and there are often new realeses from http://htcandroid.xland.cz/
If I am just trying out a new kernel from http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/ no setting are changed.

If an new realese is out, I do not know if I have to delete all old stuff and replace it with new realese.
Where are all my setting and apps stored? Apps are ok, but are there any registries or something elsewhere?

I use partitioned sd-card

Most of your settings are held in data.img
You can usually upgrade just by overwriting existing files.

However...

SOMETIMES, a new update might not work with an older data.img. When this happens, you just have to delete data.img and start over. Sorry! And the developers don't always tell you when you need to delete it.

I think most people just get used to a totally clean install and can be fully configured again in 30 mins...

a REALLY useful tip is to make sure you're syncing with google... so your address book, and calender etc are in 'the cloud'... then you can reinstall a clean system and just resync your data with google (works very well)

At the moment, as you say, there are so many new releases, it's a pain. BUT, you really don't need to be updating on every release... if there is a MAJOR fix, you will hear about it on here (believe me!)

With Glemson's update packages, you can sometimes get great new fixes, but you can also get some awful bugs too... ;) That's the gamble you take with taking code right from the developers!
4th February 2010, 09:10 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrilliantMistake

Most of your settings are held in data.img
You can usually upgrade just by overwriting existing files.

However...

SOMETIMES, a new update might not work with an older data.img. When this happens, you just have to delete data.img and start over. Sorry! And the developers don't always tell you when you need to delete it.

I think most people just get used to a totally clean install and can be fully configured again in 30 mins...

a REALLY useful tip is to make sure you're syncing with google... so your address book, and calender etc are in 'the cloud'... then you can reinstall a clean system and just resync your data with google (works very well)

At the moment, as you say, there are so many new releases, it's a pain. BUT, you really don't need to be updating on every release... if there is a MAJOR fix, you will hear about it on here (believe me!)

With Glemson's update packages, you can sometimes get great new fixes, but you can also get some awful bugs too... ;) That's the gamble you take with taking code right from the developers!

Thanks for all your help!!
Android is great!
5th February 2010, 05:23 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
waiting for sd error
Is nokia card work?
like this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/4GB-Nokia-MicroS...item27ad0f65b5 anyone use nokia sdhc card?

how have nokia card plz try and tell me Is it work?
5th February 2010, 09:42 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Which SD card works with the android releases?
Hi there,

is there any list, which sdcards verifiable work with the android releases?

So far I read, that "Transcend" cards will not work.
I have a "SanDisk Class2 micro SD HC" card and it does not work either

Which ones will work?

Cheers
5th February 2010, 01:44 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I realise that donating to the developer here would be the best thing in an ideal world, however I also think they have such a painstaking process to find and iron out all these bugs that having the help of someone on the inside would speed things up...of course for all I know they are already helping And there is nothing to say that the milestone reward can't be taken by XDA developer.

It seems to me that the Android development for Blackstone is somewhat confused at the moment. I mean I keep an eye on the thread and I still don;t understand which version works best and what files are updated.

This may be my technical naivety, but why is it that we have 3 builds going on, when surely the interface between the Hardware and the Android Kernel will be the same for all Android versions as they are backward compatible?

I think by the time anyone decided to contribute towards a fund for Android on Blackstone most of us will have a new phone anyway (nexus 2?)!

Logicalstep
5th February 2010, 07:23 PM |#27  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Just a note on SD cards, I tried 2 different 2gb sdhc cards, formatted them a number of times, but no joy, until I formatted them as FAT32, i've had no problems with them since then, sometimes cards are formatted as FAT ( FAT16 ) when purchased.
5th February 2010, 10:38 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenity

Just a note on SD cards, I tried 2 different 2gb sdhc cards, formatted them a number of times, but no joy, until I formatted them as FAT32, i've had no problems with them since then, sometimes cards are formatted as FAT ( FAT16 ) when purchased.

Interesting.... COULD be a significant factor
6th February 2010, 07:47 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi

i'm loving all the android so far just 1 thing i cant seem to get music to appear and even if i didn't it wouldn't play through head phones ( i know this cause i tried on an internet radio app) does anyone have a fix for either of these issues yet?
6th February 2010, 02:19 PM |#30  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrilliantMistake

Interesting.... COULD be a significant factor

I believe it is a crucial factor, since FAT16 does not support long file names, where FAT32 does, as do the various Linux filesystems.

It's easy to overlook this factor since we normally just click on 'Format' without really noticing the file system we're formatting.

Moral of the story is, take a little extra time to check the format options before you proceed.
6th February 2010, 05:59 PM |#31  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 14

More
i tested sever vista driver to make my touch hd detected by windows.1 driver detected as HTC Dream and another one detect as Android Phone.Im trying to play around and do some debugging but i cant make adb devices work in vista.Anyone could help? I already remove all usb devices and just only touch hd running Glossy Themed Android Eclair v1.5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)