FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 2.1 with HTC SENSE ON WVGA/VGA DEVICES !!(vga needs some fixs)

432 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By klinux, Senior Member on 2nd March 2010, 09:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2010, 04:37 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
hey
I got the files to boot but it won't go to the main os, I see the hero gif and the htc loader but it doesn't boot beyond that point. Any pointers? edit
in fact all it does is boot htc logo then black screen then hero gif then htc logo black screen then hero gif
lather rinse repeat

5th March 2010, 05:25 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag casablanca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrilliantMistake

I'm just downloading the components myself (as you described, and putting them all together.... should take me an hour or so).... I'll play with it, and if it's working, I'll make an installer cab and release it... with credits to you of course.

try the new package it's better

anyway feel free to do an installer I will add it to the 1st post with credits to you too of course

Quote:

What's not entirely clear is, is this Blackstone only?

no, it can be used on RAPH/BLAC/TOPAZ/RHOD, it's already tested on blac, raph and rhod and reported that the OS boots fine

Quote:

Also, nobody's ever gotten around to giving a GOOD description of the function of each component...

e.g.
zImage - linux kernel (the absolute 'hub' of the linux OS)
modules.xxx.xx - additional files required by kernel.
initrd.gz <--- unclear what this is
system.sqsh <--- what IS this actually storing.... is it Android or is it customisation or is it both??
rootfs.img <--- what's this?
conf\xxx.conf <---- this is also unclear

Now don't get me wrong, conf is clear that it's helping the OS know where certain partitions are, and how to behave in terms of pagefiles etc etc, but the naming convention isn't clear or why it changes name (why's it not android.conf?)

Any info on this would be superb since I'd like to add it to my FAQ.

zImage - linux kernel (the absolute 'hub' of the linux OS)<= right
modules.xxx.xx - additional files required by kernel.<= contain drivers and modules it's an extension to the kernel as the actual kernel can't exceed 3Mb
initrd.gz <--- unclear what this is<= initial boot sequence
rootfs.img <--- what's this?<= the filesystem core structure, contain specific devices parameters like which driver to load to which device
system.sqsh <--- what IS this actually storing.... is it Android or is it customisation or is it both??<= this is the Android OS filesystem it contains customisation too

conf\xxx.conf <---- this is also unclear<= contains swap and memory usage partition

hope this help you

cheers
5th March 2010, 05:29 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
I have a boot
if you have the android apps folder remove it
I'm on a touch pro 2 world but strange thing is that while it loads I don't get hero build I get something else
actually it began to look like 1.6 and it still does
I'm not sure even though I have a boot I don't have widgets or anything
I'll post screen shots
5th March 2010, 05:36 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag casablanca

More
New release ! WIFI included
new release uploaded

enjoy and post feedback

see first post for changelog
5th March 2010, 07:46 PM |#25  
Flag DXB
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinux

new release uploaded

enjoy and post feedback

see first post for changelog

Is the zImage the updated one already or do we need to update it..... as I am jus abt to install ur new version of the Android...
5th March 2010, 08:18 PM |#26  
Flag Bridgeport
Thanks Meter: 2,557

Donate to Me
More
klinux any idea y would wifi not work with raph110? since its uses the same zimage as the xandroid one it should work right?,oh and btw hw3d is working fine now, all i need is wifi and keep expresso.

good luck and nice work cant wait for updates(even do im not a blackstone user XD)
5th March 2010, 08:25 PM |#27  
Flag DXB

More
Hey klinux, I installed android 2.1 following your instructions and it worked like a charm but the battery status is still showing as charging even though I reset it and started it up again... Is tht a bug??? and also the keypad is not covering the width of the screen and it's really small
5th March 2010, 08:52 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag casablanca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefalcon

Hey klinux, I installed android 2.1 following your instructions and it worked like a charm but the battery status is still showing as charging even though I reset it and started it up again... Is tht a bug??? and also the keypad is not covering the width of the screen and it's really small

edit startup and remove battery fake parameter I keep it to avoid battery 5% message

the keyboard is the only one that can be cooked use anykeyboard or wnn from market
5th March 2010, 08:53 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
test
me too i have the same probleme battry still showing as charging and also the keypad is so small any corrective fo bugs
5th March 2010, 09:11 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag casablanca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-27

me too i have the same probleme battry still showing as charging and also the keypad is so small any corrective fo bugs

I will provide an other keyboard that can be installed after
5th March 2010, 09:16 PM |#31  
Flag DXB

More
Preview Images of Andriod 2.1
Hi klinux, I hve added some Images for you to see the Keypad and the redt of the info incase you need to put it up for your preview on the 2nd post....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#01Home Page.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	289636   Click image for larger version

Name:	#02 System Info.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	289637   Click image for larger version

Name:	#03 Keypad problem.jpg
Views:	162