Thanks Meter: 252

By wskelly, Senior Member on 1st December 2012, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2016, 10:02 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac323

Is the 3.2.0.3.5 version still available? I tried installing amazon_kindle-4.4.0.71-signed.apk but got this error:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

I have a newly-rooted Nook Simple Touch 1.2.1, rooted with Nook Manager.

I tried downloading the 3.2.0.3.5 version attached to this thread, but I always get a timeout error from forum.xda-developers.com.

Thank you!

Here you go.

(that took a long time to upload, so maybe the servers have just started their celebration a day or so early; if it doesn't come down for you, let me know and I'll put a copy in my Dropbox)

OK, so I removed the upload and just put a copy in my Dropbox. The servers are too hung-over right now. I couldn't download the file I had just uploaded

Here's the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc9ea8kh0q...igned.apk?dl=0

1st January 2017, 12:42 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmyshkin

Here you go.

(that took a long time to upload, so maybe the servers have just started their celebration a day or so early; if it doesn't come down for you, let me know and I'll put a copy in my Dropbox)

OK, so I removed the upload and just put a copy in my Dropbox. The servers are too hung-over right now. I couldn't download the file I had just uploaded

Here's the Dropbox link:

Thank you so much! I was able to download and install it no problem. Not there yet --I'm trying the certificate changes from up thread to try to get it working. But I appreciate the speedy link sharing!
25th February 2017, 11:19 AM |#53  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've followed the instructions step by step and installed successfully amazon kindle fully working, all my books are there and I've downloaded one or two just checking . One important thing is that if you use ES Explorer, you have to go to root explorer and hit "mount R/W" and check "system", otherwise the changes are failing.

Also worth mentioning that when I tried to login, I got an email from amazon with a one time password just to register the specific device - your password does NOT change.

I hope that I've helped somehow, thanks for the fantastic string and posts!
15th October 2017, 09:26 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just to echo the comments here - I was ready to bin my NST after getting the error message registering the Kindle app, until I checked my emails and found half a dozen messages from Amazon with a passcode to enter as well. Success! I have now rescued this excellent piece of kit from oblivion, thanks to the invaluable help in this thread. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)