130 posts
Thanks Meter: 237

Thread Closed Email Thread
24th September 2014, 06:53 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenookieforlife3

On second thought, I'll just give it to you. To save you the trouble of rummaging through webpages and such. Here it is.

DISCLAIMER - I do not own com.temblast.reader.apk, I have just posted it here for others' benefit and easy access. Have a nice day.

I tried to install the reader on my NST by copying the .apk file on the SD card of the device but without luck.

It does install the file but I can't open the aplicatio at the end of the installation process. Also there is no new application icon on the device.

The device is rooted.

Is there any special procedure to install the application?
NOOK!E
24th September 2014, 09:11 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neaguali

I tried to install the reader on my NST by copying the .apk file on the SD card of the device but without luck.

It does install the file but I can't open the aplicatio at the end of the installation process. Also there is no new application icon on the device.

The device is rooted.

Is there any special procedure to install the application?

Yes, it's a different kind of app than most.

You know how the stock reader works, where you can only open it by opening a book? It's the same way with Temblast Reader. Just tap on a book to open it, and select "Temblast Reader" when asked what app to use.

Beware that it seems to only work with sideloaded books, and not books bought from Barnes and Noble.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
24th September 2014, 10:06 PM |#33  

More
Thank you very much. The application works as you told me.

I have one curiosity, will this app support highlighted text, notes and a way to export that information?
NOOK!E
25th September 2014, 01:43 AM |#34  

More
Quote:

Thank you very much. The application works as you told me.

I have one curiosity, will this app support highlighted text, notes and a way to export that information?

As of right now, this reader app does not support notes, highlights and bookmarks. However, I am sure that in the near future Renate will release a new version or two that introduces these features.

On a more technical level, you *kind of* can start the reader application directly by using the command
Code:
am start -n com.temblast.reader/.Reader
But you'll see that it doesn't really launch - it just refreshes the screen. That's because of the way the app is made - to only work when invoked by a book.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
25th September 2014, 06:01 AM |#35  

More
Thank you very much for your help. I tried the reader application and it is very good. Unfortunately I can't used it as default reader application because of the missing highlight support. But maybe in the future I will use it as default.

Sorry for not using thank you button, I used Tapatalk and I didn't knew where was the button. I found it and used it for your previous posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to neaguali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neaguali Ad-Free
NOOK!E
25th September 2014, 12:39 PM |#36  

More
Quote:

Thank you very much for your help. I tried the reader application and it is very good. Unfortunately I can't used it as default reader application because of the missing highlight support. But maybe in the future I will use it as default.

Sorry for not using thank you button, I used Tapatalk and I didn't knew where was the button. I found it and used it for your previous posts.

Same here. I don't really use highlights and that stuff, but I do read B&N books, so I still use the stock reader.

Don't worry about missing the thanks button. Happens all the time to other people, too!
13th October 2014, 09:03 PM |#37  

More
Hey!
I'd like to root my NookST but I don't know if I could use the nook app for android.
I like how the dictionary option is shown.
Can I use it?
NOOK!E
14th October 2014, 02:19 AM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAIFWAIF

Hey!
I'd like to root my NookST but I don't know if I could use the nook app for android.
I like how the dictionary option is shown.
Can I use it?

Strangely enough, you can't use the Nook for Android app on a rooted Nook Touch!

The app installs just fine, but when attempting to open it, nothing ever happens.

Super weird, I know.
11th December 2014, 01:57 AM |#39  
Flag Toronto

More
I'm using the Google Books 1.0.6 version as recommended here, and I can view uploaded books. Can't change any settings for viewings which is a shame, but I absolutely can read an uploaded book.
NOOK!E
11th December 2014, 02:00 AM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp

I'm using the Google Books 1.0.6 version as recommended here, and I can view uploaded books. Can't change any settings for viewings which is a shame, but I absolutely can read an uploaded book.

Glad to hear it's working nicely for you.
27th January 2015, 08:20 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjack

I have Play Books 1.3.5 running on nook simple & a glow, shows my books and can read, looks like 10pt text, unable to adjust anything, saves place etc. would like to try v1.4.5 found a reference somewhere but cannot find app, most leads lead to old pages.

Thanks MickJack. I had previously tried both Google Books 1.0.6 and 1.5.4 and couldn't get some books to open in either app. With your suggestion I tried 1.3.5 and so far it is working perfectly for me. I am going to try it out some more but I am so happy right now.

I uploaded 1.3.5 because it was a bit hard for me to find but I haven't reached the 10 post min to paste the link here. Maybe I can pm it to someone else
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 2.1, apk, nook, nook simple touch, nook touch
Previous Thread Next Thread