By preludedrew, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th December 2012, 04:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2013, 09:14 PM |#941  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyLuvJungle

So if hardware is the limitation then I need to figure out how to downgrade back to maps 6.x.x. I found this for an apk:

http://xda-developers-apk.blogspot.c...v6143-apk.html

I'm pretty noobish when it comes to this stuff. I'm pretty sure a lot of other apps use maps as a service. So can I simply uninstall the old one and run the apk? Or will that mess other stuff up? Is there a better process to follow?

Uninstall 7.0 maps. Install the maps 6.something from the play store and reboot. I was having issues with it on PAC. So Google maps doesn't like our phones.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app
14th July 2013, 11:27 PM |#942  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordNate

Uninstall 7.0 maps. Install the maps 6.something from the play store and reboot. I was having issues with it on PAC. So Google maps doesn't like our phones.

How can an older version of maps be installed from the play store? I can only find the latest version 7, they seem to have removed all traces of older versions.
14th July 2013, 11:31 PM |#943  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 1,631

Donate to Me
More
Side load it ...download it from some where load it to SD n install ..make sure unknown sources is checked under devel. Settings

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app
14th July 2013, 11:33 PM |#944  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyLuvJungle

How can an older version of maps be installed from the play store? I can only find the latest version 7, they seem to have removed all traces of older versions.

I downloaded it off the play store earlier today. It might say newer version its not yet for ours. Gimme 3 minutes I'll pop it in my drop box

http://db.tt/388hu1mZ

14th July 2013, 11:39 PM |#945  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordNate

I downloaded it off the play store earlier today. It might say newer version its not yet for ours. Gimme 3 minutes I'll pop it in my drop box

http://db.tt/388hu1mZ

I'm cool, I'd already side loaded this morning with some apk, I just didnt know if there was some backdoor to the play store I didn't know about or something like that. Thanks though.
15th July 2013, 05:36 AM |#946  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
BT is working fine. I put it into a ten min test, it performed pretty well. Thanks to developers for their contribution. I'm using build 7-12.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
22nd July 2013, 06:50 AM |#947  

More
I tried latest build 7 21, battery seems more efficient than build 7 13. I ran into Bluetooth issues with the older version. Will report back for possible bugs.

I wonder why this thread had turned mute for long while?!

22nd July 2013, 07:48 AM |#948  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
The better things work the less people complain no? Also the ota updater thing might have something to do with it haha

22nd July 2013, 07:02 PM |#949  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMaster345

The better things work the less people complain no? Also the ota updater thing might have something to do with it haha

Right! I am just surprised. Feedback always helpful. I will think of a bug, and mention it so ppl (including myself) would find more to complain about. Lol

23rd July 2013, 01:35 AM |#950  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Santan Valley
Thanks Meter: 1,720

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiMD

Right! I am just surprised. Feedback always helpful. I will think of a bug, and mention it so ppl (including myself) would find more to complain about. Lol

Actually I'm going to test out the "test" build option sometime this week, so be on the lookout. New interface for the toolbox and the "Updater" is now divorced to its own app, which also has a new interface.

EDIT: Test build is live, flash it via the new 'Updates' section in the toolbox. Report comments / issues here, not on the bug tracker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preludedrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift preludedrew Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 09:52 PM |#951  
Flag Duluth MN
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedrew

EDIT: Test build is live, flash it via the new 'Updates' section in the toolbox. Report comments / issues here, not on the bug tracker.

Ummm. Updates looks nice but no ROM under Tests. Am i missing something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)