By preludedrew, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th December 2012, 04:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2013, 09:52 PM |#951  
Flag Duluth MN
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedrew

EDIT: Test build is live, flash it via the new 'Updates' section in the toolbox. Report comments / issues here, not on the bug tracker.

Ummm. Updates looks nice but no ROM under Tests. Am i missing something?
24th July 2013, 02:08 AM |#952  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Santan Valley
Thanks Meter: 1,720

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8no

Ummm. Updates looks nice but no ROM under Tests. Am i missing something?

Did you refresh? I double checked on my dinc2 and I've got it available. Can anyone else confirm?
24th July 2013, 02:15 AM |#953  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
So what is the difference/purpose of the "test" ROMs? My inc2. s my everyday phone and I have been using this ROM with periodic nightly updates for some time.Don't want to screw anything up but always willing to test new features!

Edit: Preludedrew - The test download is available I am downloading the test build now so that's why I ask.
24th July 2013, 02:21 AM |#954  
Flag Santan Valley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by len207

So what is the difference/purpose of the "test" ROMs? My inc2 is my everyday phone and I have been using this ROM with periodic nightly updates for some time.Don't want to screw anything up but always willing to test new features!

Consider these, "nightlies, with a twist". You'll want to backup everything before flashing ( remember this is bleeding edge, hence the testing ). Other than that, just follow instructions if given and you're on your merry way. As with the nightlies, there's never any explicit assurance that something won't go wrong; the rom won't boot, it bootloops, scares your kids, etc. However, with these test builds, this usually means that someone ( mostly myself as I am the maintainer for this device ) will have something specific that they've been working on, and just need 2nd, 3rd or 4th, opinion on. In this particular case, we've got the Toolbox & Updater interfaces that have changed completely, and just need to make sure it's all set before merging. I'd like to do this more often, if we can make sure we've got a good base of people to do the testing. Also in this particular case, I'd like to maybe pick some brains on what people might like to see ( the interface, not customizations ).
24th July 2013, 02:32 AM |#955  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedrew

Consider these, "nightlies, with a twist". You'll want to backup everything before flashing ( remember this is bleeding edge, hence the testing ). Other than that, just follow instructions if given and you're on your merry way. As with the nightlies, there's never any explicit assurance that something won't go wrong; the rom won't boot, it bootloops, scares your kids, etc. However, with these test builds, this usually means that someone ( mostly myself as I am the maintainer for this device ) will have something specific that they've been working on, and just need 2nd, 3rd or 4th, opinion on. In this particular case, we've got the Toolbox & Updater interfaces that have changed completely, and just need to make sure it's all set before merging. I'd like to do this more often, if we can make sure we've got a good base of people to do the testing. Also in this particular case, I'd like to maybe pick some brains on what people might like to see ( the interface, not customizations ).

Thanks for the reply! Also FYI the Updates section is also populated with nightly options but did not attempt to d/l any of those. Am aware of bleeding edge ROMs have 5 rooted devices handy all with various custom installs. The Vivow by EV has been great on my inc2 - thank you for your great work!
24th July 2013, 02:32 AM |#956  
Flag Duluth MN

More
Dang. There IS a refresh there!
24th July 2013, 06:27 PM |#957  
Flag Duluth MN

More
What CPU over clock freq is popular and works well with this ROM and phone?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I like the new toolbox layout on the test version.
24th July 2013, 06:32 PM |#958  
Thanks Meter: 1,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8no

What CPU over clock freq is popular and works well with this ROM and phone?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I like the new toolbox layout on the test version.

Results vary. Try a few. Just don't set on boot until you are sure it's stable. That way if it freezes you can pull battery and start over.

From high upon the Beanstalk
25th July 2013, 06:20 PM |#959  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSeparate

Results vary. Try a few. Just don't set on boot until you are sure it's stable. That way if it freezes you can pull battery and start over.

From high upon the Beanstalk

Is overclocking supported again? I am on 7/13 nightly and it is not supported on that ROM. On 4/14 nightly I had it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and that was pretty sweet. Would definitely move to newer nightly if that feature has returned.
26th July 2013, 02:01 AM |#960  
Flag Santan Valley

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyLuvJungle

Is overclocking supported again? I am on 7/13 nightly and it is not supported on that ROM. On 4/14 nightly I had it overclocked to 1.4 ghz and that was pretty sweet. Would definitely move to newer nightly if that feature has returned.

It is supported, there was a bug we found with adding the Updater to the toolbox. This has since been fixed but the code is still in review. We'll get it out asap, probably by this weekend since 4.3 dropped and we're working on that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preludedrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift preludedrew Ad-Free
31st July 2013, 04:29 PM |#961  

More
Just a question/comment - tried using voice input with Google Keyboard and it was either extremely lagging or did not work at all. Although not a showstopper I do sometimes use it for longer email. Is this a known issue or can it be corrected?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)