21st September 2013, 03:56 AM |#71  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Santan Valley
Thanks Meter: 1,720

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAfnan

Yes it is definitely tied to CM 4.3. If Sports didn't make 4.3 Jeepers would have had many more issues since pretty much everyone revolves around Sports. When he makes AOKP, he compiles it from the AOKP repos on git and uses some of Sport's work since he fixes a lot of stuff as he releases it.

I don't know much about compiling from source, but people who do that are very pro! lol

I don't want to take away from anything that Sports has done, or continues to do. But Jeepers has done some solid, good work for this device on 4.2 and continuing to 4.3. Commenting that something wouldn't be possible if it weren't for another is just a little ignorant. Evervolv is not tied to CM, although there are certain situations where patches are cherry picked from CM itself. Please don't take this as attacking or ranting...lol. I just don't want Jeepers losing out on some credit where he's done a damn good job of learning how android / this device works.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to preludedrew For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift preludedrew Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 03:58 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
IMHO I think jeepers is a lot more stable and functions a lot better since sports is pretty busy atm. He hasn't been doing much on cm10.3 while evervolv has been evervolving. Nightlies r released almost everyday so don't frgt that part in fixes.

Not trying to attack sports but he hasn't done much on his cm 10.3. So no its not tied to cm 10.3.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to kusso92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kusso92 Ad-Free
jeepers007
21st September 2013, 04:50 AM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAfnan

Yes it is definitely tied to CM 4.3. If Sports didn't make 4.3 Jeepers would have had many more issues since pretty much everyone revolves around Sports. When he makes AOKP, he compiles it from the AOKP repos on git and uses some of Sport's work since he fixes a lot of stuff as he releases it.

I don't know much about compiling from source, but people who do that are very pro! lol

Those developing for 8660 chipset based devices tend to make impacts that benefit across Roms. It's really a small community when you think about it.

I find inspiration from all those that have insight and wisdom to offer. I am grateful that sharing is done so selflessly by all.

I hope to contribute at their level someday. Still learning a lot myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 05:13 AM |#74  
Flag Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,283

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedrew

I don't want to take away from anything that Sports has done, or continues to do. But Jeepers has done some solid, good work for this device on 4.2 and continuing to 4.3. Commenting that something wouldn't be possible if it weren't for another is just a little ignorant. Evervolv is not tied to CM, although there are certain situations where patches are cherry picked from CM itself. Please don't take this as attacking or ranting...lol. I just don't want Jeepers losing out on some credit where he's done a damn good job of learning how android / this device works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers007

Those developing for 8660 chipset based devices tend to make impacts that benefit across Roms. It's really a small community when you think about it.

I find inspiration from all those that have insight and wisdom to offer. I am grateful that sharing is done so selflessly by all.

I hope to contribute at their level someday. Still learning a lot myself.

Yeah I was talking about AOKP though. And yes he does an excellent job I'm just explaining how things always get tied to Sportsstar89. ROMS built from source usually always get collaboration someway or another. Sorry if there is a misunderstanding, it's 12:11am here lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
21st September 2013, 08:52 AM |#75  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 760

More
Hell of Development Speed
The development speed is mind blowing hoping to have a very good & stable very soon

Many thanks to Evervolv Team for adopting Amaze from orphanage

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to lalit387 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lalit387 Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 10:13 PM |#76  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 11

More
am i missing something but I don't see a list of what is working and what is not in any of the first few posts to this thread?

anyone having apn not restore automatically?
I am on wind in Canada?
If so, what apn back and restore app are you using? I don't see any popular app that is being kept up to date recently.
21st September 2013, 11:59 PM |#77  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcan

am i missing something but I don't see a list of what is working and what is not in any of the first few posts to this thread?

anyone having apn not restore automatically?
I am on wind in Canada?
If so, what apn back and restore app are you using? I don't see any popular app that is being kept up to date recently.

Always make a nandroid backup you can advanced restore data which should give your APN back

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G running Evervolv Jellybean 4.3
jeepers007
22nd September 2013, 01:01 AM |#78  

More
I've got a fix submitted that gives us apn detection back, and speeds up gps acquisition.

Should be merged soon.

1st post contains the working/not working.

from 1st post:

Quote:

Items that need attention: (buggy)

Confirmed: (09.07.2013)

Camcorder - 1080p not working.
Tethering - broken. Use android-wifi-tether instead - verified its working on mine with this app. http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
[Dialer Menu Option - Dialpad Settings] visible in menu, but 4.3 builds are absent code to utilize it.

None of these affect 99% of us with our usage patterns.

I'm still researching pmem configuration options, I've tested a bunch, but ultimately, the current configuration can't be beat on our device.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
jeepers007
22nd September 2013, 03:04 AM |#79  

More
Apns and GPS code merged. Should be in the next nightly build.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 03:15 AM |#80  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Jeepers you rock man

I hope you get a leaked kitkat to work on soon

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G running Evervolv Jellybean 4.3
22nd September 2013, 08:44 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers007

Apns and GPS code merged. Should be in the next nightly build.

Look at dat nice work omg u fix **** fast dude. Keep up that dam awesome work! And ull be better than every1!!!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)