[REF] The HTC Vision (Desire Z & G2) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread

Search This thread

kholk

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Torino
Welcome to the HTC Vision (TMOUS G2 and Desire Z) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread!

Well, my old HD2 Radio ROM Thread became a reference for all HD2 users, so.. I'm retrying this here now :)

Radio ROM Downloads:

Vision_RADIO_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17: MegaUpload
Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26: MegaUpload
Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.18: MegaUpload
Vision_RADIO_12.28a.60.140e_26.03.02.08: MegaUpload
Vision_RADIO_12.26.60.1301_26.02.00.24: MegaUpload
Vision_TMOUS_RADIO_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15 (G2): MegaUpload

Official hBoot Downloads:

Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0005: MegaUpload
Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0002: MegaUpload
Vision_TMOBILE_HBOOT_0.82.0000 (G2): MegaUpload

Installing:

0. Make sure you've got the ENGINEERING HBOOT installed on your device!
1. Download the archive
2. Decompress it, you'll have a .img file (its name should be "radio.img")
3. Copy it into your fastboot folder
4. Boot your device into FastBoot mode and connect it to your PC via USB
5. Go into your Android SDK folder with CMD (Windows) or Linux terminal
6. Flash the Radio on your device: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
7. Wait until the process finishes. You should read "COMPLETE" on your device's display.
8. Reboot
9. Enjoy!

Please note that you should flash a new radio only if you really know what you're doing!

NOTE: 26.04.02.17 is known to work on G2 and most probably all the radios are flashable on both G2 and D-Z.

Happy flashing!
-kholk

Last edited:

blazegunz

Jun 23, 2009
Is this the ship desire z rom? And if so, can someone please explain how to flash it too this G2. Thanks for help.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
These are only Radio ROMs.
Anyway, it's dangerous to flash a Desire Z on a G2 and vice versa: I don't know if crossflashing will brick the phone.

Flashing a Desire Z Radio ROM on your T-Mobile G2 is at your own risk.

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
Can I suggest leaving the G2 stuff out for now until we know it works ok on a DZ ? Otherwise this could be a recipe for disaster ?

bled82

Nov 14, 2009
Fort Worth
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
Would there be any benifit to flashing the Hboot to the g2 , Im looking to try and get the Z rom on my G2 , the current posted ruu fails to install and so i was thinking if i could flash the hboot then it might think it was a Z not G2 and would work , any thoughts?

RippSpeed

May 23, 2010
I would like to flash a better radio in my wifes phone... She has a G2 but I have an HD2 and have experience in flash my HD2 but not on the G2 ... He radio sucks constantly falling out of HSDPA

Edit: This question belongs in the HTC: Vision G2 Forum (General). If you have not already done so, please visit that forum for your answer. ~TheRomMistress

Last edited by a moderator:

Jgubiq

Sep 26, 2010
Flashin Desire Radio

I have a Hd2 running the desire Z rom. Does it make sense to flash the Desire radio posted here?

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
If you flash it on an HD2 you'll brick it.

These radios are only for HTC Vision, and I'm not sure even if they're cross-flashable (G2 radio on D-Z and vice versa).

jhhest

Oct 17, 2008
Nijmegen
If you have to ask... you probably shouldn't be doing it.
Search is your friend.

In some forums there is a thread like "[REF] ALL ROMS | ROOTING | FAQ's | STICKIES | POSTING RULES - Read before posting"

Searching information about android is like walking in a maze. I know some questions are irritating but it is easy to say: "hit the search button".

Sorry for my crappy english.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/0...d-phone-with-rom-manager-full-backup-restore/

Hope it helps for you member "hmfic"

Last edited:

kholk

May 20, 2007
Torino
I'm really curious on if a D-Z Radio can be installed on G2. Anyone got answers? :)

J

JupiterDroid

My god, this is a dangerous post, a very dangerous post!

The one sure way of bricking your phone is flashing the wrong radio,

User Beware!!!

JD

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Yes you should beware, but I am almost certain the G2 radio's will be fine (source at HTC told me) but I have not tested.

Someone will need to be brave enough to take the first step :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the HTC Vision (TMOUS G2 and Desire Z) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread!

Well, my old HD2 Radio ROM Thread became a reference for all HD2 users, so.. I'm retrying this here now :)

Radio ROM Downloads:

Vision_RADIO_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.18: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28a.60.140e_26.03.02.08: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.26.60.1301_26.02.00.24: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOUS_RADIO_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15 (G2): MegaUpload

Official hBoot Downloads:

Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0005: MegaUpload
    Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0002: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOBILE_HBOOT_0.82.0000 (G2): MegaUpload

Installing:

0. Make sure you've got the ENGINEERING HBOOT installed on your device!
    1. Download the archive
    2. Decompress it, you'll have a .img file (its name should be "radio.img")
    3. Copy it into your fastboot folder
    4. Boot your device into FastBoot mode and connect it to your PC via USB
    5. Go into your Android SDK folder with CMD (Windows) or Linux terminal
    6. Flash the Radio on your device: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
    7. Wait until the process finishes. You should read "COMPLETE" on your device's display.
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy!

Please note that you should flash a new radio only if you really know what you're doing!

NOTE: 26.04.02.17 is known to work on G2 and most probably all the radios are flashable on both G2 and D-Z.

Happy flashing!
    -kholk
    I think the general consensus is it's safer to flash the radio (and HBOOT/SPL) from fastboot unless it's a radio specifically for the device. With the G1, after a lot of debate, it was discovered that it was being bricked when flashing the SPL with the wrong radio in recovery, and that it was actually borking the recovery partition. I think this is the thread that explains it. Again, the above thread is in regard to the G1, but I believe a good reason why it's better to flash via fastboot.

That doesn't apply to the G2 as all SPLs and radios are compatible, so far...
    The main reason is that fastboot won't let you flash a corrupt radio where as a zip will flash indiscriminately in recovery.

It's also a good detriment from flash happy noobs. They should take the time to learn and figure out what an spl is.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!
    So a (probably silly) question on radio ROMs......
    Is it possible to change the frequency your handset operates at by changing the ROM, or is the frequency determined by the hardware?

The reason I'm asking is that I also have a Bell Canada handset (850/1900 MHz) which works fine when I'm at home in Australia, but won't work if I'm travelling through Asia which I do quite regularly. Is it possible to get a custom 850/2100MHz ROM?

That would be hardware..you can't actually change the frequency of the phone..the radio is the software side of things as far as I know...you could probably use it in asia but only get 2g data..I know :(

Sent from my HTC DesireZed
    All the links are dead :S

Could you please re-link?

This is an old thread, to find more updated links see here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43195539

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium