FORUMS

[official][discussions] leaked version of BBM"black berry messnger" /Update #2

380 posts
Thanks Meter: 837
 
By umbrella android, Senior Member on 16th September 2013, 07:40 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
23rd September 2013, 03:43 AM |#1721  
Galactus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,169
 
More
I can see this thread being locked until further notice........probably not a bad idea
The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Galactus Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 03:50 AM |#1722  
Jordan~Kurniawan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 110
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus

I can see this thread being locked until further notice........probably not a bad idea

nope,, discussing something aint a bad thing.. blame the people not the thread...

yeah i feel sorry for blackberry..
if just they dont do any promise..
promised us that BBM for android will be available on the playstore at the 21st of september.. and yet.. delayed for such reason

ok guys lets keep our head clean..
if not.. Mr. clown are going to send you to azkaban xD
23rd September 2013, 03:51 AM |#1723  
Mr. Clown's Avatar
Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear the Clown
Flag Lake Ridge, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 3,713
 
Donate to Me
More
Keep it clean guys. I'm around and don't want to send people for some short vacations over bbm discussion s

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Clown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Clown Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 04:07 AM |#1724  
shree_tejas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294
 
More
1. A news leaks. Bbm releasing for Android and iOS. People go nuts.
2. The release gets delayed for some unknown ( maybe some genuine bug fixing delay by the company? ) reason and the people go nuts again.
3. Lots of fake apps flood the market and people download them and its FAKE. Ya.. Yell and bad mouth RIM.
4. A leaked and probably bugged version is seen and people go nuts! And when it doesn't work, Yell again.
5. Some idiots are already demanding.. Ya DEMANDING it to be ported to Armv6 phones!

Let the company officially release it people! You all yelling at each other here won't make a goddarn difference to them. Chillax!

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shree_tejas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shree_tejas Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 04:09 AM |#1725  
Junior Member
Flag Villavicencio
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay!!

1. A news leaks. Bbm releasing for Android and iOS. People go nuts.
2. The release gets delayed for some unknown ( maybe some genuine bug fixing delay by the company? ) reason and the people go nuts again.
3. Lots of fake apps flood the market and people download them and its FAKE. Ya.. Yell and bad mouth RIM.
4. A leaked and probably bugged version is seen and people go nuts! And when it doesn't work, Yell again.
5. Some idiots are already demanding.. Ya DEMANDING it to be ported to Armv6 phones!

Let the company officially release it people! You all yelling at each other here won't make a goddarn difference to them. Chillax!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Amen to that... LOL

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to dflombana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dflombana Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 04:17 AM |#1726  
lesp4ul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paranoid Room
Thanks Meter: 538
 
More
Okay now, let's move on. Next time don't reply to those nutters



Quote:

"We will provide you an update on timing as soon as we can. Teams are working non-stop. Sign up for launch alerts at http://www.BBM.com"



https://twitter.com/BBM/status/381825370808274945
23rd September 2013, 04:20 AM |#1727  
NocturnalDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ANYWHERE YOU AIN'T
Thanks Meter: 87
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesp4ul

Okay now, let's move on. Next time don't reply to those nutters





https://twitter.com/BBM/status/381825370808274945

It's already almost 2 days behind schedule, either they are upgrading their servers or they found some bad security leak in the framework and are resolving it, that's my theory. I'm just excited to see it launched officially, I've never used BBM but I've always wanted to.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NocturnalDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NocturnalDroid Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 04:23 AM |#1728  
shree_tejas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalDroid

It's already almost 2 days behind schedule, either they are upgrading their servers or they found some bad security leak in the framework and are resolving it, that's my theory. I'm just excited to see it launched officially, I've never used BBM but I've always wanted to.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

That's the spirit! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4
23rd September 2013, 04:25 AM |#1729  
joe200's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Now people, for some of you that still pissed because of bbm but didn't want to some trouble here just go to twitter.

You have no blackberry official here but you do have it there on http://twitter.com/bbm

LOL

Sent via Tapatalk 2
23rd September 2013, 04:36 AM |#1730  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLizzard

To me the leaked version was enough. I used BBM before on a blackberry device and I gave the phone away. Now with the leaked version it just reminded me how bad it was back then. Everything was still the same only with a different look. Its not worth waiting for another IM. Whatsapp is good for its purpose. The photo quality was also bad on BBM when sending photos. So for me.. I will be uninstalling the BBM. Less problems. just my 2c

The reason when you send pic through BBM it goes bad is because BBM automatically re-sized the pic to lo-res to save user bandwith network. BUT... you can ask the pic sender to send the original hi-res pic. Just highlight the pic, open menu, and select "request higher quality pic". If the sender accept, you will get the original hi-res pic.
Whatsapp doesn't have this feature. Pic over whatsapp is re-sized to lo-res and that's it. No option for asking higher quality pic (modified Whatsupp Plus if I remember correctly can send pic without re-sizing, but if the sender using regular WA, you still get lo-res pic).


Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerz2000

In whatsapp you can only block people from sending you messages, but they can still see your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie

Whoopdy doo, they can't see your status though.

This is true. So annoying, once a person have your phone number, they can always look at your profile pic and save it for their demented purposes. I once have a girl stalking me by my profile pic

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan~Kurniawan

yeah i feel sorry for blackberry..
if just they dont do any promise..
promised us that BBM for android will be available on the playstore at the 21st of september.. and yet.. delayed for such reason

ok guys lets keep our head clean..
if not.. Mr. clown are going to send you to azkaban xD

LOL, i read my local newspaper today (Kompas) and there are 2 ads.

1. Erafone (gadget store) ads promoting iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 with BBM feature on it.
2. Samsung ads promoting Samsung Galaxy with BBM feature on it.

One of the ads even goes as fas as promoting the bundled Telkomsel SIM Card has free BBM data plan.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clown

Keep it clean guys. I'm around and don't want to send people for some short vacations over bbm discussion s

Well hello there Mr.Bob Gray aka Pennywise The Dancing Clown. Greetings from Jakarta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 80000037 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 80000037 Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 04:57 AM |#1731  
harunjo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesp4ul

Moderator had to cut a hundred of useless pages and you guys still doing this? So ungrateful to BB that is gonna give the bbm for FREE but delayed and you guys get nuts and angry??? This is not a facebook, understand the ethics and the rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

this is android forum..not bb...so be gratefull to android community

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes