FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

8,896 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,375

By shoman94, Recognized Contributor on 25th March 2012, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd June 2012, 04:45 AM |#5001  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 1,140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8hairy1

Swype with dragon speech recognition! Crazy accurate!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

+1 Swype/dragon combo

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
2nd June 2012, 05:14 AM |#5002  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the weather settings under display force closes every time I open it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
2nd June 2012, 10:19 AM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
So I was curious if anyone else is having issues using the Movies by Flixter app? I looked at reviews and nobody else seems to be having force close issues but I cant seem to get it to stop force closing. As soon as I open it it force closes. Trying to narrow down if its an app problem or a app/rom issue.
2nd June 2012, 12:32 PM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion777

This is NOT sho specific, but I am curious anyone else's google maps declared war on their battery? I dual boot aokp, sho plus have cm9 on my aria and the latest google maps is showin up as a significant battery user, even if I don't use it.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Maps has always been a battery pig, it seems to have a mind of its own, it will be fine for a day or two then for no reason it will run wild..
I always freeze it after flashing a new ROM, defrosting it takes second when I do need it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
2nd June 2012, 01:33 PM |#5005  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase10784

So I was curious if anyone else is having issues using the Movies by Flixter app? I looked at reviews and nobody else seems to be having force close issues but I cant seem to get it to stop force closing. As soon as I open it it force closes. Trying to narrow down if its an app problem or a app/rom issue.

Same thing.

2nd June 2012, 01:34 PM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Same issue. Google Maps is using significant percentage of battery even though it's not running.
2nd June 2012, 02:01 PM |#5007  
Flag yonkers NY
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam8281

Same issue. Google Maps is using significant percentage of battery even though it's not running.

if you open it once, it runs in the background n uses up the battery, if u kill it from running processes also, it will restart itself.
Go to settings/apps/downloaded and force stop it. That way it will not restart and dont use the battery.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
2nd June 2012, 03:57 PM |#5008  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Shoman,

Thanks again for the great ROM!

I've posted my personal tweaks that maybe will appease some users with regards to the Status Bar and Quick Setting Toggles.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1687027

I've been using these tweaks for almost a week now without any problem. With that said, if you install these MODS, please don't bug shoman if you run into any issues. Post your issue or tweak request in the thread above.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tikcolg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tikcolg Ad-Free
2nd June 2012, 04:12 PM |#5009  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikcolg

Shoman,

Thanks again for the great ROM!

I've posted my personal tweaks that maybe will appease some users with regards to the Status Bar and Quick Setting Toggles.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1687027

I've been using these tweaks for almost a week now without any problem. With that said, if you install these MODS, please don't bug shoman if you run into any issues. Post your issue or tweak request in the thread above.

I am loving sho as he has done it up, but there are many who desire the tweaks you have put together. Hats off for your initiative!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
2nd June 2012, 04:21 PM |#5010  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlenm

Same thing.

ok I thought I was going crazy so I'm not the only one experiencing this. Now I am curious if its just not playing nice with the rom. I havent heard anyone else having issues with it as far as people outside of the galaxy s2 custom rom world. Its one of my fav apps cuz I am a movie buff and use it allllll the time.
2nd June 2012, 04:24 PM |#5011  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,375

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase10784

ok I thought I was going crazy so I'm not the only one experiencing this. Now I am curious if its just not playing nice with the rom. I havent heard anyone else having issues with it as far as people outside of the galaxy s2 custom rom world. Its one of my fav apps cuz I am a movie buff and use it allllll the time.

I Think its the app itself. My wife said it use to work. I know that after you hit force close and re open it, it works sometimes.
I have Fandango and VEVO on my phone and that work no problem.
The problem seems something to do with a lib error with the ad at start up and replacement of the host file does nothing.

Keep reporting the error so maybe the app developer can fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoman94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)