FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,191 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.65%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,828 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,910

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2019, 10:50 AM |#28651  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Landshut (Ndb.)
Thanks Meter: 4,571

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _V3D4N7_

Why doesn't system partition modification by recovery (eg in form of updates ) trip safetynet ?
(I tried it .... Removed several system apps without tripping safetynet.... ( Maybe worked coz I did it before booting into my device after a wipe...))

SafetyNet has specified requirements (CTS & Basic integrity) which are checked by services and APIs, a modified system partition does not necessarily lead to have safetynet failing, at least not 'per se' - also Magisk does hide certain alterations from the SafetyNet check, as long as your device, ROM and Kernel fully supports the methods used by Magisk.

There's interesting information about this topic to be found here, which gets updated all the time:
https://didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHideSafetyNet
@Didgeridoohan certainly is able to give deeper insight or correct me if I'm missing something!

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sam Nakamura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sam Nakamura Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 12:33 PM |#28652  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[/COLOR]Hello XDA DEVELOPERS, guys I want galaxy note 8 oreo rom for galaxy note 3 neo n7505 please
25th February 2019, 05:01 PM |#28653  
Flag Gujranwala
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Code:
[email protected]:/mnt/d/android/android_kernel_lge_bullhead-lineage-15.1$ make clean
Makefile:796: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
I'm new to compiling stuff and
I'm trying to compile the kernel from LOS 15.1 source on windows 10 WSL and getting this error
Is there anything I'm missing or doing wrong
25th February 2019, 10:21 PM |#28654  

More
ADB package uninstall command gone wrong
I've put in an accidental space and now it has messed the whole thing up instantly. Samsung logo hang now.

The exact command input: (First line only, pay close attention to space between "rubin" and ".app")

j6lte:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.rubin .app
android.os.DeadObjectException
at android.os.BinderProxy.transactNative(Native Method)
at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Binder.java:761)
at android.os.BinderProxy.shellCommand(Binder.java:81 5)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.runShellCommand(Pm.java :334)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.runUninstall(Pm.java:72 6)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.run(Pm.java:174)
at com.android.commands.pm.Pm.main(Pm.java:107)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.nativeFinishIn it(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit.main(RuntimeIn it.java:287)

Here's an example of how the command is intended:

j6lte:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.rlc
Success

Device: Samsung Galaxy J6 (brand new, unrooted, no user installs)
Program: Command Prompt, Android Debug Bridge (Win7 Professional)

If someone knows what to do now, that would be awesome.
Many thanks in advance.
25th February 2019, 11:11 PM |#28655  

More
P10 Plus (VKY-L09) No O/S Black Screen with Locked Bootloader
Hi there,

If anyone reading this can help it would be great, i have a P10 plus that had a different rom from stock flashed onto it so was not getting google pay etc. as the device cannot be trusted message comes up due to being bootloader unlocked or rooted. Now the problem i have is that i found a stock rom to flash and had everything ready (files to update, tools etc.) but on the wiping part in twrp i have selected everything when after doing so i realised i should NOT have wiped system.
Therefore i now have my P10 plus which is recognised in fastboot and on my laptop with an sdcard that i can put the update.app onto in the dload folder and do the auto recovery/loading of update.app file but am unable to see the screen as it stays black (possibly due to having no o/s or wrong o/s) so cant see whats on the screen and am assuming there is no recovery installed due to system wipe but cannot see the screen or flash system.img, recovery.img etc. through fastboot or cannot unlock bootloader to do the above.
25th February 2019, 11:28 PM |#28656  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaibansari20

Code:
[email protected]:/mnt/d/android/android_kernel_lge_bullhead-lineage-15.1$ make clean
Makefile:796: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
I'm new to compiling stuff and
I'm trying to compile the kernel from LOS 15.1 source on windows 10 WSL and getting this error
Is there anything I'm missing or doing wrong

You may get better help on the thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ernel-t3627297

Another thread worth looking into is https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...pment-t2814763

On that thread, you will need to post a bigger section of your log somewhere like www.hastebin.com (although it looks like thats all of it) and also include which sources you are using.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium2

I've put in an accidental space and now it has messed the whole thing up instantly. Samsung logo hang now.
...snip...
If someone knows what to do now, that would be awesome.
Many thanks in advance.

Not a specific solution for your problem, bit have you tried wiping your cache and dalvik?
If you are running a custom ROM, maybe trying a dirty flash.

The following ways will wipe your data, but may get your phone working. Although you did not say, I am guessing you are trying to avoid wiping your data

If you are getting really desperate, a clear of data. And then there is factory reset, or as a final straw to get your device working again might be re-instating/flashing the standard firmware.
26th February 2019, 01:01 PM |#28657  

More
Soft brick
I've updatet my sm-g935f on Oreo 8.1 and downloaded a game in play store.
My phone was freezing but restarts the app continue installing an this was the moment software was bricked. When i want to flash twrp i did the noobstyle failure when i flashed it on BL.......
At this moment odin flashing was bad every time.
I tried but then phone shows connect to smart switch when it was in download mode Smart switch did not recognize phone so i flashed twrp again in this case for installing the newest version of superman rom but it is on oreo 8.0 with some tries i get Bootloader installed i think this downgrading was bad too. Lineage os with 8.1 still dont recognize sim card so i went back on superman rom problems dtill the same i can not do phone calls but Bluetooth and wlan are working.
So my problem is i can not get the stock image 8.1
Cause even pit file installing won't work with 8.0
May i solve this with octoplus please help me*
Odin download mode shows error with*
Device:4 binary:2
Even repacking bootimage due to magisk 18.1 via aroma installer is not working so i dont get su permissions for delete files.
And yeah im not a pro on this pls guide me.
Is there a chance maybe via adb to restore bootloader?
Is it possible flashing 8.0 if i disable "proof apps via usb" in Developer settings(is this secure download?) ???
26th February 2019, 04:00 PM |#28658  
Flag CLUJ-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 373

Donate to Me
More
I cannot build AOSP! Please a little help!
Hi all,
I try build AOSP 8.1 for my device Vodafone Smart Ultra 7. All repo was synced three times for now, all device tree, kernel, vendors in the right place but when I start the build, after the source build/envsetup.sh && lunch and make the build starts and suddenly stops with message "build completed successfully " without any error.
See here:
PHP Code:
Set cache size limit to 50.0 Gbytes
Writing client settings in 
/home/jaga/.jack-settings
Killing background server
No Jack server to kill
Jack server installation not found
:17:59 Entire build directory removed.
including device/asus/fugu/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/car/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-arm64/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-mips/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-mips64/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-x86/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/mini-emulator-x86_64/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/generic/uml/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/google/dragon/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/google/marlin/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/google/muskie/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/google/taimen/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/huawei/angler/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/lge/bullhead/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/linaro/hikey/vendorsetup.sh
including device
/vodafone/vfd700/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor
/aosp/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk
/bash_completion/adb.bash

============================================
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION
=8.1.0
TARGET_PRODUCT
=aosp_vfd700
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT
=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE
=release
TARGET_PLATFORM_VERSION
=OPM1
TARGET_BUILD_APPS
=
TARGET_ARCH=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT
=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT
=cortex-a53
TARGET_2ND_ARCH
=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT
=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT
=cortex-a53
HOST_ARCH
=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH
=x86
HOST_OS
=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA
=Linux-4.15.0-45-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-19-tara
HOST_CROSS_OS
=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH
=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH
=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE
=release
BUILD_ID
=OPM8.190205.001
OUT_DIR
=out
AUX_OS_VARIANT_LIST
=
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION
=8.1.0
TARGET_PRODUCT
=aosp_vfd700
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT
=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE
=release
TARGET_ARCH
=arm64
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT
=armv8-a
TARGET_CPU_VARIANT
=cortex-a53
TARGET_2ND_ARCH
=arm
TARGET_2ND_ARCH_VARIANT
=armv7-a-neon
TARGET_2ND_CPU_VARIANT
=cortex-a53
HOST_ARCH
=x86_64
HOST_2ND_ARCH
=x86
HOST_OS
=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA
=Linux-4.15.0-45-generic-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-19-tara
HOST_CROSS_OS
=windows
HOST_CROSS_ARCH
=x86
HOST_CROSS_2ND_ARCH
=x86_64
HOST_BUILD_TYPE
=release
BUILD_ID
=OPM8.190205.001
OUT_DIR
=out
[
44/44bootstrap out/soong/.minibootstrap/build.ninja.in
[4/4out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/minibp out/soong/.bootstrap/build.ninja
[861/862glob vendor/aosp/build/soong/Android.bp
[54/54out/soong/.bootstrap/bin/soong_build out/soong/build.ninja
out
/build-aosp_vfd700.ninja is missingregenerating...
[
679/1000including ./system/sepolicy/Android.mk ...
./
system/sepolicy/Android.mk:111warningBOARD_SEPOLICY_VERS not specifiedassuming current platform version
[999/1000including ./vendor/mad/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/Android.mk ...
./
vendor/mad/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/Android.mk:20warningbuild BASIC wpa_supplicant
[1000/1000including ./vendor/vodafone/vfd700/Android.mk ...
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/mad/prebuilt/etc/apns-conf.xml:system/etc/apns-conf.xml ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/AVRCP.kl:system/usr/keylayout/AVRCP.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0079_Product_0011.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0079_Product_0011.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_b501.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_b501.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c216.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c216.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c219.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c219.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c21d.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c21d.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c21f.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c21f.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c294.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c294.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c299.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c299.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c532.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_046d_Product_c532.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0268.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0583_Product_2060.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0583_Product_2060.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_05ac_Product_0239.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_05ac_Product_0239.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0b05_Product_4500.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0b05_Product_4500.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1038_Product_1412.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1038_Product_1412.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_12bd_Product_d015.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_12bd_Product_d015.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1532_Product_0900.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1532_Product_0900.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fd00.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fd00.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fd01.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fd01.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fe00.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1689_Product_fe00.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_18d1_Product_2c40.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_18d1_Product_2c40.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1949_Product_0401.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1949_Product_0401.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f016.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f016.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f023.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f023.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f027.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f027.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f036.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1bad_Product_f036.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1d79_Product_0009.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_1d79_Product_0009.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_22b8_Product_093d.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_22b8_Product_093d.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_2378_Product_1008.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_2378_Product_1008.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl:system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_2378_Product_100a.kl ignored.
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES vendor/vodafone/vfd700/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl:system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl ignored.
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE vfd700
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_metric_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_instrumentation_metric_testsUnknown installed file for module perf-setup.sh 
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_instrumentation_testsUnknown installed file for module RecyclerViewTests 
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_instrumentation_testsUnknown installed file for module SettingsFunctionalTests 
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_instrumentation_testsUnknown installed file for module LauncherFunctionalTests 
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/instrumentation_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_instrumentation_testsUnknown installed file for module EmergencyInfoTests 
platform_testing
/build/tasks/tests/native_metric_test_list.mkwarningcontinuous_native_metric_testsUnknown installed file for module perf-setup.sh 
build
/core/Makefile:34warningoverriding commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/etc/init/rild.rc'
build/core/base_rules.mk:404: warning: ignoring old commands for target 
`out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/etc/init/rild.rc'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib/mediadrm/libdrmclearkeyplugin.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:390warningignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib/mediadrm/libdrmclearkeyplugin.so'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target 
`out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib/mediadrm/libmockdrmcryptoplugin.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:390: warning: ignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib/mediadrm/libmockdrmcryptoplugin.so'
build/core/Makefile:34warningoverriding commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib64/mediadrm/libdrmclearkeyplugin.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:390: warning: ignoring old commands for target 
`out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib64/mediadrm/libdrmclearkeyplugin.so'
build/core/Makefile:34: warning: overriding commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib64/mediadrm/libmockdrmcryptoplugin.so'
build/core/base_rules.mk:390warningignoring old commands for target `out/target/product/vfd700/system/vendor/lib64/mediadrm/libmockdrmcryptoplugin.so'
[ 99% 1439/1440] glob test/vts/utils/native/trace_processor/Android.bp
ninja: no work to do.

#### build completed successfully (01:31 (mm:ss)) ####

[email protected]:~/aosp$ 
Can somebody help me?
Thank you a lot!
26th February 2019, 09:13 PM |#28659  

More
looking for leeco x626 roms
Hi all

I am in need of roms for the x626 that is higher than android 6. is this possible ? what happens with android 9 ? can it go on yet ?
also what roms will work by default ? can i use x620 roms ?

Kind regards
27th February 2019, 01:44 AM |#28660  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomanu

Hi all,
I try build AOSP 8.1 for my device Vodafone Smart Ultra 7. All repo was synced three times for now, all device tree, kernel, vendors in the right place but when I start the build, after the source build/envsetup.sh && lunch and make the build starts and suddenly stops with message "build completed successfully " without any error.
...snip...
Can somebody help me?

You will get better more targeted help on the thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...pment-t2814763

On that thread, when posting your log, its better to use a text hosting site like www.hastebin.com and also remember to include which sources you are using (ie links to github), for which device and variant you are building for.
27th February 2019, 06:35 AM |#28661  

More
Hello! Im unable to delete my lost.dir folder why? My phone is rooted and im using sd maid app for cleaning purposes. I found that it has a lock icon on it. I cant find solutions everywhere and its eating up my space.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)