FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,785 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,885

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2019, 12:48 AM |#29051  
Thanks Meter: 783

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangSuar

Dude...is thre any Connection problem after I update???like i can use all the Sim card on my country...thanks alot

If you have an unlocked carrier device then you should not have this kind of problem.

In this thread users are reporting issues regarding Pie firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...d-pie-t3845763

If you are not using device within US (this is the reason to no updates) maybe the best could be debrand it by changing your firmware to a U1.
21st May 2019, 12:59 AM |#29052  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

If you have an unlocked carrier device then you should not have this kind of problem.

In this thread users are reporting issues regarding Pie firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...d-pie-t3845763

If you are not using device within US (this is the reason to no updates) maybe the best could be debrand it by changing your firmware to a U1.

You means Changging the Costum ROM???if U have the Link for the Stable ROM for PIE and Samsung ONE UI...pliss share it to me...Thanks alot dude N I'm Really Sorry if my English so BAD😅
21st May 2019, 01:27 AM |#29053  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roostermammoth

Hi, I'm having an issue with my s7 sd card. Normally when I access my sd card the path is /mnt/sdcard and it shows all my data. Currently this path is replicating the data shown on the phones internal storage in /sdcard.
I removed the sd card and the path /mnt/sdcard still shows with all the data from internal storage in /sdcard.
When I connect the phone to the computer via USB the sd card shows it's contents correctly in windows 10 explorer
I would prefer not to format the card, is there another solution please?
image of issue - pasteboard.co/Ifws6Tb.png
specs - android 8 on galaxy s7 G930F

Just to clarify you said that removed your SD Card and the path it yet shows data (I couldn´t find your png so may I´m wrong)

Mnt>sdcard path is the route to the internal memory not to the external SD Memory Card typically just called SD Card. Smartphones use SD Card as a flash internal memory similar (if it´s not the same) to the so called SD Card and the path to your external you´ll find it on mnt>storage>identifier-of-your-SDCard.

Usual paths to internal memory:
- mnt>sdcard
- mnt>storage>emulated>0
-mnt>storage>self>primary as stated by DiamondJohn is multi formatted and in my theory to be readable at different mount conditions.
21st May 2019, 01:38 AM |#29054  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf-08

Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications:

I'm frustrated with a news notification popping up and when I swipe it to remove it from the dropdown menu, it comes back after a snooze duration. When I swipe left or right to get rid of it, it is "SNOOZED" instead of being deleted. So in two hours (or whatever duration I choose as the SNOOZE option), it pops up and keeps on popping up until I've done it like 4 or 5 times at the SNOOZE interval. I don't want to disable the news popup in case I want to further read about that particular tidbit, but if I don't want to read about it, I want to get rid of it instead of having it pop back up at a later time. If I select "CLEAR" on the notification, it just SNOOZES as well and it comes back at the predetermined Snooze duration.

I searched the site but unfortunately I couldn't find any info about this. Any recommendation is appreciated to delete instead of SNOOZE.

Thank you.

Are you using a stock feature to receive the news updates or are you using a 3rd party app to receive news updates?

If it's stock, maybe there are notification settings in whatever stock feature or app that you are getting the news updates from.

If it's a 3rd party app, have you looked in that app's settings to see if there are settings for controlling when/how you receive updates?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 02:10 AM |#29055  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MangSuar

You means Changging the Costum ROM???if U have the Link for the Stable ROM for PIE and Samsung ONE UI...pliss share it to me...Thanks alot dude N I'm Really Sorry if my English so BAD

I don´t think that the Snapdragon variants has some development.

The last Pie firmware that I linked for you is a stable one not a beta and it might not to have more than minor bugs.

Your version is an originally locked/branded carrier that you say that now is unlocked and like you´re out of US is not receiving updates.

An initially locked and after unlocked device keeps yet all the "bloat" from the carrier, this means that it still remains as a branded within the G965U firmware.
In order to debrand it (just if it was legally unlocked otherwise you´ll brick it) you can flash the G965U1 firmware for the first time through Odin and the next updates you can flash it via stock recovery or if device is still under Samsung support receive OTA updates will be yet possible. In this way your device will have the same Factory Unlocked firmware.

This is the thread for unbranded firmwares https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ctory-t3868977
21st May 2019, 02:46 AM |#29056  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,373

More
Quote:

Just to clarify you said that removed your SD Card and the path it yet shows data (I couldn´t find your png so may I´m wrong)

Mnt>sdcard path is the route to the internal memory not to the external SD Memory Card typically just called SD Card. Smartphones use SD Card as a flash internal memory similar (if it´s not the same) to the so called SD Card and the path to your external you´ll find it on mnt>storage>identifier-of-your-SDCard.

Usual paths to internal memory:
- mnt>sdcard
- mnt>storage>emulated>0
-mnt>storage>self>primary as stated by DiamondJohn is multi formatted and in my theory to be readable at different mount conditions.

To further clarify (or confuse), the actual source path for your internal SDCard will most likely be /data/media/0 I think everything else is a mount of this path, which is located off your data mount.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 03:00 AM |#29057  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I don´t think that the Snapdragon variants has some development.

The last Pie firmware that I linked for you is a stable one not a beta and it might not to have more than minor bugs.

Your version is an originally locked/branded carrier that you say that now is unlocked and like you´re out of US is not receiving updates.

An initially locked and after unlocked device keeps yet all the "bloat" from the carrier, this means that it still remains as a branded within the G965U firmware.
In order to debrand it (just if it was legally unlocked otherwise you´ll brick it) you can flash the G965U1 firmware for the first time through Odin and the next updates you can flash it via stock recovery or if device is still under Samsung support receive OTA updates will be yet possible. In this way your device will have the same Factory Unlocked firmware.

This is the thread for unbranded firmwares https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...ctory-t3868977

Thanks for your information dude...maybe I try the First Link from my First Comment in this Forum...Hope Everything gonna be Okey...Thanks alot dude🙏
21st May 2019, 03:31 AM |#29058  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

To further clarify (or confuse), the actual source path for your internal SDCard will most likely be /data/media/0 I think everything else is a mount of this path, which is located off your data mount.

Yes, I think that this is the "real" path if is a valid term where SDCard is mounted, just supposed that user looked inside the path given on a file explorer and he got confused between external and internal memory following the >mnt directory (as Linux user familiar with?)
21st May 2019, 06:36 PM |#29059  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications (cont)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Are you using a stock feature to receive the news updates or are you using a 3rd party app to receive news updates?

If it's stock, maybe there are notification settings in whatever stock feature or app that you are getting the news updates from.

If it's a 3rd party app, have you looked in that app's settings to see if there are settings for controlling when/how you receive updates?

Thank you for the reply. I'm a NFL fan and some alerts I want to read and some I simply want to delete. The New York Jets alert is an example of this type of alert. When I go to the details of this alert it shows this is the Google - Topics of Interest alert. See links below for photos. So when I go into the details/options of the alert, it gives me no option to delete it and the snooze option has a selection of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours.

So when I swipe one way or another, the alert just snoozes and pops up again at the determined snooze duration.

The first link is the typical NFL alert and the 2nd is the details of that alert if I select that alert.
https://imgur.com/a/7c7dxye
https://imgur.com/a/w4xavjq
22nd May 2019, 09:01 AM |#29060  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello

So I am trying to use Snapchat on my PC. I got it to work with Andy OS but I can not seem to get the camera working. It has a black screen but is still able to take pictures. It crashes every time I try to switch the camera from front to back. I have downloaded YouCam to try to help but it did not. Any suggestions?
22nd May 2019, 09:45 AM |#29061  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf-08

Thank you for the reply. I'm a NFL fan and some alerts I want to read and some I simply want to delete. The New York Jets alert is an example of this type of alert. When I go to the details of this alert it shows this is the Google - Topics of Interest alert. See links below for photos. So when I go into the details/options of the alert, it gives me no option to delete it and the snooze option has a selection of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours.

So when I swipe one way or another, the alert just snoozes and pops up again at the determined snooze duration.

The first link is the typical NFL alert and the 2nd is the details of that alert if I select that alert.
https://imgur.com/a/7c7dxye
https://imgur.com/a/w4xavjq

I didn't say anything about settings in the details of the alert itself. I mean a setting in that which provides the notification, as in, settings in the Google feature that is giving you the notification. There may be settings in there that control when/where/why you get alerts, which types of alerts you do or don't want and which way it provides notification and how the notifications appear.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)