FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,191 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.65%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,914

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2019, 09:02 PM |#29141  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceminer

I managed to track down some information. The Galaxy S8 and S9 are both having this problem since the Pie update. And whoever runs the Samsung community forums, is ignoring it. Plenty of posts asking how to fix it, and all they do is ask if it happens in safe mode. (It does.) Then they don't respond any further. The only known fix is downgrading back to Oreo if it's even possible.

First THANKS for the answer.
Second is there any chance at future system updates to add us a choice to disable that?

This "option" it is happening to all region samsung galaxy s8 & s9 or only at European mobile phones samsung galaxy s8 & s9?

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Are you using some kind of Bluetooth earpiece? If so, it's probably resetting the volume to below the "safe" threshold for Bluetooth devices when you power the device back on.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

No bluetooth, no headset.

Simply sometimes when i restart the phone or i make a call the volume(Mostly media) is at half from full.
11th June 2019, 12:05 AM |#29142  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuukenZenkou

Okok.. so how Im supposed to flash TWRP to this device? I'm very new to Xperia devices. I just got this phone as a Temporal device since last one got stealed. And I always have been a Samsung user. So I need to know how boot modes works. I mean go to recovery, download, and so on. Never had a Xperia device in my hands before. But I'm curious and wanting to research it and root. Same with TWRP. And I don't know the process.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

So you say that I have to downgrade to root? Well I don't know. Also I'm still doing research about what tools the Xperia users do use. It would be useful to do some analogy to Samsung devices since I'm more familiar with these.

Hello there, well I am a little rusty but in order to install TWRP and of course root you need to :
1- unlock bootloader on Sony web https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...ck-bootloader/
2- Flash using Emma https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Andro...-p/307318#gref
3- Flash TWRP image https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ia-zr-t3744868
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/
4- To reboot on recovery with button ...... hold power + vol up or down , or "adb reboot recovery"
Done, you have TWRP to flash magisk ( root ) flash ROM etc

OPEN BOOTLOADER WIPES ALL YOUR PHONE, BACKUP WHAT YOU CAN

PS : I hope you understand my english and good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to JIJOK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JIJOK Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 12:10 AM |#29143  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIJOK

Hello there, well I am a little rusty but in order to install TWRP and of course root you need to :
1- unlock bootloader on Sony web https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...ck-bootloader/
2- Flash using Emma https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Andro...-p/307318#gref
3- Flash TWRP image https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ia-zr-t3744868
https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-twrp/
4- To reboot on recovery with button ...... hold power + vol up or down , or "adb reboot recovery"
Done, you have TWRP to flash magisk ( root ) flash ROM etc

OPEN BOOTLOADER WIPES ALL YOUR PHONE, BACKUP WHAT YOU CAN

PS : I hope you understand my english and good luck

Thanks for helping. I'll give it a try and I'll reply. Hope I can backup this stock rom and settings before rooting. Also hope I can find an unbranded stock rom. Write you back about.
Pd. It's ok about your English I can understand.
11th June 2019, 12:45 AM |#29144  
Flag Omicron Persei 8
Thanks Meter: 434

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79

First THANKS for the answer.
Second is there any chance at future system updates to add us a choice to disable that?

This "option" it is happening to all region samsung galaxy s8 & s9 or only at European mobile phones samsung galaxy s8 & s9?

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

No bluetooth, no headset.

Simply sometimes when i restart the phone or i make a call the volume(Mostly media) is at half from full.

I can't answer that for sure, but I think it's a good bet that a future update will address the issue. My experience with Samsung devices in recent years, has been very positive. They do seem to keep up on fixing bugs. As far as I could find, it is affecting all variants of the S8 and S9. (Haven't seen any mention of it happening on the S10 yet.)

I have an idea that might lead to a fix. Somewhere in your system partition, most likely /system/etc or /system/csc, you should find 2 files that would be worth checking for a "max starting volume" setting, or something very similarly worded. One is the feature.xml and the other is literally named, "other.xml" which is usually in csc.

Additionally, it would probably be worth checking out your build.prop(s). Just remember, that there's at least 3 prop files. One in oem, vendor, and system. You might have something like, audio.safemedia.force=true in there, which would definitely cause the problem you have. Actually, I'd check those first. They should be smaller and easier to skim through.

One last thing I can think of, is checking your settings_system.xml, settings_global.xml, and settings_secure.xml. All them should be found in, /data/system/users/0/. You can also use a terminal app or adb to list them with,

su (or "adb shell")
settings list secure
settings list global
settings list system

I would definitely check those last though. They're always pretty big, and painful to read through. I wish you the best of luck! If I can find anything more about it, I'll definitely drop you a line.
11th June 2019, 02:13 AM |#29145  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,439

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79

Why sometimes when i power on the mobile(Samsung galaxy s9 plus android 9.0) the volume it is at half and NOT at max it was before i power off the mobile?

Why is this happening and how i can solve that?

I want every time i power on the mobile the volume will me at max.

Everything that others have said, and also maybe have a read of the post with a link https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...e#post76341856

I would not be surprised if Samsung explicitly made the choice of resetting the volume to help users get their audio working again by rebooting the phone. I would also not be surprised if they do not enable rebooting the phone with an unsafe headset volume. I know custom ROMs I have used give such an option (with a warning and user confirmation), but a big company like Samsung may be a little more careful regarding possible legal ramifications. For example, my car is speed limited electronically by the manufacturer.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 05:04 AM |#29146  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
​​
11th June 2019, 06:15 AM |#29147  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Try with Applock from developer "Best App - Top Droid Team" in Play Store.

Thanks but unfortunately third party app lock is useless because there's a slight delay between clicking the icon and locking it by blocking with overlay. This delay can be easily exploited by my kid: he keeps clicking the icon and crawls his way through.

In fact I had blocked Security using the parental control app (Qustodio and Screen Time Labs), but he exploited that delay.

So I would love it if there's a built-in method to hide, lock or block Security app.
11th June 2019, 06:19 AM |#29148  

More
​​
11th June 2019, 02:15 PM |#29149  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It seems like you have some data hanging around from before you flashed the device and is causing conflicts.

When you flashed your custom ROMs, did you factory reset and wipe cache before rebooting the device into system?

When you flashed your stock firmware, did you boot into stock recovery and choose the factory reset option and then wipe cache partition?

Another thing it could be is if you are installing too many apps or storing too many files and you aren't leaving enough empty space for your device to function correctly. If this is the cause, delete some data or store it in another location to free some space.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

When I was installing custom roms, I wiped everything(both caches, system, data) and formatted data. After flashing both rom and gapps, wiped cache and booted. When I was installing stock rom, I wiped everything and formatted data with twrp, then flashed rom using ODIN. Both internal storage and sd card have more than 10 gb free space each.
11th June 2019, 06:50 PM |#29150  
Thanks Meter: 794

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Als49

Thanks but unfortunately third party app lock is useless because there's a slight delay between clicking the icon and locking it by blocking with overlay. This delay can be easily exploited by my kid: he keeps clicking the icon and crawls his way through.

In fact I had blocked Security using the parental control app (Qustodio and Screen Time Labs), but he exploited that delay.

So I would love it if there's a built-in method to hide, lock or block Security app.

It´s a funny thing; security apps are incredible unsafe and easily mocked or removable, then to post I found that the data can be deleted for any user.

Maybe you´re not familiar with but probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled. Or installing a different rom by i.e. an AOSP where this app is not present.

You also can delete it using adb but probably this get in other troubles so is an in-built system app on Miui firmware very dependent of. For this It has to be considered which other apps work with so they have to be also deleted to not cause conflicts.

Finally freeze it, hide it or disable it is not an option when someone else is determined to break with. Your last resource would be delete it then to unlock it, root it but again I don´t want to anticipate before you try it but probably device will have a back-door that can be exploited for a smart user stubborn to break the rules.
12th June 2019, 06:21 AM |#29151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

It´s a funny thing; security apps are incredible unsafe and easily mocked or removable, then to post I found that the data can be deleted for any user.

Maybe you´re not familiar with but probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled. Or installing a different rom by i.e. an AOSP where this app is not present.

You also can delete it using adb but probably this get in other troubles so is an in-built system app on Miui firmware very dependent of. For this It has to be considered which other apps work with so they have to be also deleted to not cause conflicts.

Finally freeze it, hide it or disable it is not an option when someone else is determined to break with. Your last resource would be delete it then to unlock it, root it but again I don´t want to anticipate before you try it but probably device will have a back-door that can be exploited for a smart user stubborn to break the rules.

Quote:

probably the best would be unlock bootloader, root it and installing a custom rom (I ever do this) in this way the app Security Center is easily controlled.

Would you be kind to point how to do it? Because I think it seems like the safer method. And that way I can also keep the built-in App Lock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)