[DEV][ROM][5.0.2][CM12] Lollipop for LG-P500

Search This thread

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
To my brothers (you know who you are)
Long, long ago...
A small pet dinosaur was left, abandoned and alone. His keepers, it seemed, had more interest in newer, more capable pets. But he eventually met with other dinosaurs, also abandoned, and a man named hephappy...

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
NO DOWNLOADS

The purpose of this thread is two-fold, I think. It is meant to be a venue for androidarmv6 (team) ,as most of their development is done off- site. It is also meant to be a place for hard core dinosaur lovers to test this work, and add to it as development proceeds. As androidarmv6 has brought us, the p500 community, through to working CM- 11, now we will start a new chapter, namely CM- 12. At the time of this posting, there have been several successful builds for the p500. But none are successfully booting, as yet.
I can't stress enough that most of this work is experimental, as the newer source code is being adapted to work on these devices. So unless you are okay with a possibly bricked (unusable) phone, don't flash any of these ROMs. Also, I do not have any responsibility or liability in the case that you should damage your phone by flashing any of this firmware. Also, your warranty will be voided. And I do not represent, and am not affiliated with androidarmv6. That said... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

http://androidarmv6.github.io/

Source code:

https://github.com/androidarmv6

You can watch development as it progresses, or you can sign in and participate here:

http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/q/status:merged

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
NO DOWNLOADS

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using daishi4u bumped twrp 2.8.3.0 and bumped key-boot-recovery kernel

Last edited:

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
...as he looked back on the sleeping giants, exhausted from their long journey, the wizard Androidmeda new that he had taught them all that he could, and they had all that they needed. But he also knew that they would never be able to survive crossing the mountains into the new land. Only their child would be able...

Well I guess this is it my brothers. Seems that all has been tried, and CM-12 will not be released for armv6 devices. But many thanks to our devs for trying. It's been a long run. Amazing, just amazing.

Last edited:

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Long, long ago...
A small pet dinosaur was left, abandoned and alone. His keepers, it seemed, had more interest in newer, more capable pets. But he eventually met with other dinosaurs, also abandoned, and a man named hephappy...

The purpose of this thread is two-fold, I think. It is meant to be a venue for androidarmv6 (team) ,as most of their development is done off- site. It is also meant to be a place for hard core dinosaur lovers to test this work, and add to it as development proceeds. As androidarmv6 has brought us, the p500 community, through to working CM- 11, now we will start a new chapter, namely CM- 12. At the time of this posting, there have been several successful builds for the p500. But none are successfully booting, as yet.
I can't stress enough that most of this work is experimental, as the newer source code is being adapted to work on these devices. So unless you are okay with a possibly bricked (unusable) phone, don't flash any of these ROMs. Also, I do not have any responsibility or liability in the case that you should damage your phone by flashing any of this firmware. Also, your warranty will be voided. And I do not represent, and am not affiliated with androidarmv6. That said... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Source code:

ROMs:

http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using tapatalk

Congrats! Nice preface wording, bro! :good: :cool:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Great! and thanks.

I have not been using cm-11. Omni runs better and seems!! to have fewer bugs. Problem with cm is that when newer comes along, older bugs are left there. I guess we all prefer to play with the latest and greatest so not really complaining. My real problem with cm-11 is the special recoveries needed for it.

I would like to try cm-12 builds, but want to be able to get back to the omnirom. How do I get around the recovery changes (would be nice to have a cwm or twrp that asks on bootup: Want TSL? Switch system and data? But for now, I do not want to lose my alternatives or brick the phone.

How to proceed?

BTW: Link points to end-user builds (cm-11). We'll get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibub

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
Great! and thanks.

I have not been using cm-11. Omni runs better and seems!! to have fewer bugs. Problem with cm is that when newer comes along, older bugs are left there. I guess we all prefer to play with the latest and greatest so not really complaining. My real problem with cm-11 is the special recoveries needed for it.

I would like to try cm-12 builds, but want to be able to get back to the omnirom. How do I get around the recovery changes (would be nice to have a cwm or twrp that asks on bootup: Want TSL? Switch system and data? But for now, I do not want to lose my alternatives or brick the phone.

How to proceed?

BTW: Link points to end-user builds (cm-11). We'll get there.
Thanks, link updated to View/All.
:)

Reactions: xu3sno

aayushARM

Apr 24, 2011
Ahmedabad
This is great @ibub !
Thanks for taking the initiative of building CM12 for this device, which never seems to grow old..... ;)
The androidarmv6 team is just awesome! Keep up the gr8 work! It's always appreciated! :)
Waiting for it to boot for now... :D

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
This is great @ibub !
Thanks for taking the initiative of building CM12 for this device, which never seems to grow old..... ;)
The androidarmv6 team is just awesome! Keep up the gr8 work! It's always appreciated! :)
Waiting for it to boot for now... :D
Just to be clear, this is not my work. Androidarmv6 team (mainly androidmeda for p500) compiles these ROMs. Thanks belong to them (him). :)

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
CyanogenMod announces official CM12 Nightlies!

http://phandroid.com/2015/01/05/cyanogenmod-cm12-nightlies/

Do not even expect P500 on the list! :D

EDIT:
CyanogenMod 12 nightlies now available for 31 devices, based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop (LRX22C). LG Optimus One is out of the list to be sure :)
http://blog.gsmarena.com/cyanogenmo...able-31-devices-based-android-5-0-1-lollipop/

While in other hand, our devs are working to port experimentally newer version of CM12 (Android 5.0.2 LRX22G) on armv6 obsolete devices, though! :good: :cool:

Last edited:

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Trimmed>>Flashed>>Stuck at CM bootlogo :(

+1K :(

GERRIT_CHANGES: 7676 7748 7693 7651 7751 7792
Code:
7676: * runtime : make entrypoints ARM; if the target arch is lower than
            armv7, set armv6.
        * compiler: add a new define: ARM_MODE_WORKAROUND, enable it if
            the target cpu is arm11. Use ARM assembler and replace
            Thumb{1-2} opcodes with ARM ones. Update some code to
            support new opcodes

NOTE: kArm is not implemented, probably it use to work only in
      portable mode.
7748: Compatibility work around for bad graphics driver dependency 
7693: legacy OMX: squashed commit for legacy OMX support for LP
7651: Revert "Revert "Turn on BLE, GATT, and SMP of Bluetooth stack""
7751: msm7x27-common: Initial cm-12 bringup
7792: jemalloc: Force gcc for atomic functions
GCC built-in functions provide advanced things like prefetch, expected, synchronization...

Bootloog attached.
It seems bootloop's culprit is regarding with dynamic shared libraries (lib*.so) which must be fixed first.

Attachments

• bootlog_cm12_20150108.txt
    78.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Any PlayStore

Oct 12, 2014
Hồ Chí Minh
xdaforums.com
It does not work on any device arvm6.
Link
A reminder: unannounced experimental builds that you may see on Jenkins are made by and for developers alone, and are definitely not suitable to be flashed by users. The cm12 totoro build from today doesn't install or boot, and I expect many future builds will be the same, so don't waste your time with it.

Also, a reminder of some things you shouldn't do (now or ever): don't ask for ETAs, don't spam the dev thread, and don't PM me asking for information that isn't on a public post.

There are many things that need to be fixed for armv6 devices. I've sorted out the major issues specific to Broadcom hardware, but there are more important issues that need solving for ARMv6 devices in general that are being working on by several people (assembly errors, ART compatibility, build system integration, etc.). It's going to take time. Thanks for your understanding.

Any PlayStore

Oct 12, 2014
Hồ Chí Minh
xdaforums.com
Build cm_p500-userdebug-cm-12.0 (Jan 11, 2015 9:45:30 PM)

Androidmeda built it for testing via Jenkins, if you dare to waste your time! :)
http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/view/Developers/job/cm-experimental/1311/
ROM: http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/vie.../archive/cm-12-20150111-EXPERIMENTAL-p500.zip

If it works on s5360 it will also work on the P500. But this time it does not work perfectly on any device armv6. I will follow up if it worked on my s5360 will report over here.

Thanks for the update by @xu3sno

Last edited:
Reactions: CCXAlex and xu3sno

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
If it works on s5360 it will also work on the P500. But this time it does not work perfectly on any device armv6. I will follow up if it worked on my s5360 will report over here.

@Any PlayStore
also @CCXAlex (may be you have luck to try it, but I doubt :))

Even Any PlayStore has quoted previously, just to satisfy my curiosity, insisted to install cm12-20150111_EXPERIMENTAL-p500. :D
Trimmed > clean installed > rebooted > boot loop :( As previous attempt, it seems lib*.so need to be fixed (?)
Don't know it's wasting my time or not :)

Attachments

• bootlog-cm12-20150111.txt
    134.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Quote:
A reminder: unannounced experimental builds that you may see on Jenkins are made by and for developers alone, and are definitely not suitable to be flashed by users. The cm12 totoro build from today doesn't install or boot, and I expect many future builds will be the same, so don't waste your time with it.

Yes, yes, we know or should know. But, hey, who does not want to be the first to see this play? The only reason I am staying off is because of the CM tricks with switching system and data partitions meaning recoveries are not compatible.

Anyway, diehards within the CM universe, once in that bootloop if ART had indeed done its thing, check remaining system space and contents of those /system/app/... folders. My (un-) educated guess is that this may become the big problem.

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
@Any PlayStore

Even Any PlayStore has quoted previously, just to satisfy my curiosity, insisted to install cm12-20150111_EXPERIMENTAL-p500. :D
Trimmed > clean installed > rebooted > boot loop :( As previous attempt, it seems lib*.so need to be fixed (?)
I also attempted to install this. Initially my trimming method seems to have broken update binary, so flash failed. Next installed full ROM (/system =189MB) using @HardLight twrp 2.7.0.0 TLS (successfully flashed). Stuck at boot animation. No log (flashing while driving). ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long, long ago...

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
    NO DOWNLOADS

http://androidarmv6.github.io/

Source code:

You can watch development as it progresses, or you can sign in and participate here:

http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/q/status:merged

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
    NO DOWNLOADS

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using daishi4u bumped twrp 2.8.3.0 and bumped key-boot-recovery kernel
    ...as he looked back on the sleeping giants, exhausted from their long journey, the wizard Androidmeda new that he had taught them all that he could, and they had all that they needed. But he also knew that they would never be able to survive crossing the mountains into the new land. Only their child would be able...

Well I guess this is it my brothers. Seems that all has been tried, and CM-12 will not be released for armv6 devices. But many thanks to our devs for trying. It's been a long run. Amazing, just amazing.

@Any PlayStore

OT
    Bootanimation CM12 in White or black ...by noe

attachment.php
    attachment.php

OT
    No problem. At least this thread is serving some purpose now. :)

Sent from my LGL34C using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks you very much guys. It has built ok now. I think I was building as "user" and not "userdebug". Actually there were lots of other things missing:
    Code:
     add-property-tag_intermediates
     bdt_intermediates
     check-lost+found_intermediates
     corrupt_gdt_free_blocks_intermediates
     cpustats_intermediates
     dhdutil_intermediates
     keystore_cli_intermediates
     ksminfo_intermediates
     l2test_ertm_intermediates
     latencytop_intermediates
     libc_test_intermediates
     libc_test_static_intermediates
     librank_intermediates
     memtrack_intermediates
     memtrack_share_intermediates
     micro_bench_static_intermediates
     opcontrol_intermediates
     pngtest_intermediates
     procmem_intermediates
     procrank_intermediates
     radiooptions_intermediates
     rawbu_intermediates
     sane_schedstat_intermediates
     set_ext4_err_bit_intermediates
     showlease_intermediates
     showmap_intermediates
     showslab_intermediates
     su_intermediates
     wpa_cli_intermediates

I'll now give a try on L builds. Let's see how far it gets.
    Cheers