FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ANCIENT-TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! NAND Unlock and ADB Update!!

3,573 posts
Thanks Meter: 178

By TheBiles, Senior Member on 12th June 2010, 08:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2010, 03:42 AM |#761  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello, im very new to rooting and i just love my evo but i want more out of it such as free wifi tethering. i just have two questions.

1. if i follow your guide would i brick my phone from making a mistake on one of your steps?

2. would there be any possible way to tether for free off evo to my laptop without rooting?

thank you, replies are greatly appreciated

5th October 2010, 01:29 AM |#762  
Flag Brookyln
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey guys I just bought an evo, coming from a HTC Hero.. when I go to the mobile unrevoked site and download it everything's ok.. but when I press start is it supposed to take extremely long to say "done".. its been 5 mins already..lol
6th October 2010, 12:51 AM |#763  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
step 30 link is broke.
can we get it back up?
6th October 2010, 03:57 AM |#764  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
This thread was created back in June and update in July with the Evo was still running on 2.1. Froyo 2.2 was released in mid-August, and all the new phones now are shipped with 2.2 software. I would assume the files/links used in this tutorial are a bit outdated (but please someone correct me if I am wrong). I would suggest using either [GUIDE] One Click How to Root the EVO with Unrevoked 3.21 or regaw_leinad's [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G.
8th November 2010, 06:02 PM |#765  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks noob to andriod
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)