TWRP 2.0 (Update 3-8)..Release is soon

Search This thread

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hey guys just wanted to share this with you. I am working with Team Win to get a touch recovery on the A500. So far is still inop, but progress is bring made. We are gonna give another go tomorrow so wish us luck. Will keep you all posted.

Updates

1-5-12: So we are finding the using the tablet interface makes the recovery too large for our recovery partition. Team Win is probably going to have to build the recovery without an interface and then I will create a flashable zip that will flash the recovery as well as place a ui.zip on the external sdcard under twrp/theme(we can then just replace that ui.zip for different themes that come out, got a cool ICS one in mind already). The battery precentage is working but we are still working on the touch screen. New test build coming today and will have active logging enabled so that we can see more of what is happening, if touch is being recongnized but TWRP 2.0 is just not reacting to it. It's coming along though.

1-6-12: SO we got TWRP 2.0 up and running for the most part. Touch screen works and most all functions work. Get backup failures and is not sized properly but we are really, really close. Did install a rom and booted just fine. Release will be real soon, possible monday. Still have to get the resolution figured out as well, but what we have so far is very usable.

2-17.. So work on this has slowed way down due to dev on teamwin side has other projects that he is working on that is more important to him(which there is no problem with that, would just like to get this project completely going). But TWRP 2.0 has gone completely opensource. So just wondering if we can tackle this and get it up and running. We are on #twrp on freenode irc usually everyday M-F around 11am-1pm Mountain Time. If you are able and willing to help, please come and give us some fresh ideas.

3-8. Everything is working and is ready for release very soon. Some final testing and will be release. Data/media fixed and flexrom fixed. PLEASE HOLD!!

3-13. New features being added. We will have the ability to toggle back and forth between internal and external for backup location. Doing some code clean up and making sure all features are working properly. Have used it to install many roms/flashes and have yet to have any issues. It's coming along nicely. Huge thanks to Dees_Troy on TeamWin for his work on this. You da man!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325646667995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325646667995.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 717
  • IMG_20120106_134414.jpg
    IMG_20120106_134414.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
I run TWRP 2.0 on my Evo 3D. Would love to see it on my A500. So much better then all the button presses to navigate through the recovery menu.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I would love to see TWRP 2.0 on the A500. I have it on my Sensation and think it is some of the absolute best development to come out of the Android development community recently. Best of luck guys.

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
Muahahaha. Can't wait!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
I used a steam recovry on my captivate that was full touch and really liked it. I dont remember any sort of oddities to get it running. Maybe talk to one of them and see how they got theirs set up.

rstuckmaier

Jul 24, 2010
30 minutes south of 4G, Illnois
IIRC you need to have the "itsmagic" script run at boot. When I came to the A500 scene it was already figured out so I'm not 100% sure on what it was or what exactly it does but I would recommend looking in to it. I'm sure some more senior A500 developers could help with its purpose.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
That is looking sweet, I like that 2nd gui alot better than the first one. A lot cleaner. rstuckmaier brought up an important point, are you including the "Its Magic" script in the recovery. I thought that was needed to fix the checksum values.

pimpmaneaton

That is looking sweet, I like that 2nd gui alot better than the first one. A lot cleaner. rstuckmaier brought up an important point, are you including the "Its Magic" script in the recovery. I thought that was needed to fix the checksum values.

Yeah the first shot we were running the phone layout, Second is a tab layout but not correct res. We should get it all figured out monday.

K

kjy2010

Yeah the first shot we were running the phone layout, Second is a tab layout but not correct res. We should get it all figured out monday.

I'm certain you'll post it up in the DEV sections as soon as it's ready for "prime time"!
Thanks again for your dedication and hard work! ;)

pimpmaneaton

I'm certain you'll post it up in the DEV sections as soon as it's ready for "prime time"!
Thanks again for your dedication and hard work! ;)

Yes I will, no need to just have small talk about it in the DEV thread untill she is ready to Rock&Roll. I am hoping that this will breather new life into this thread and Iconia A500 communtiy. I know I have not done a whole lot, but plan on doing more. 1st-TWRP 2.0, 2nd- New Galaxy Rom.

Last edited:
K

kjy2010

Yes I will, no need to just have small talk about it in the DEV thread untill she is ready to Rock&Roll. I am hoping that this will breather new life into this thread and Iconia A500 communtiy. I know I have not done a whole lot, but plan on doing more. 1st-TWRP 2.0, 2nd- New Galaxy Rom.

We need a good new Galaxy ROM! Back when these tabs first came out, M-Deejay's Galaxy port was my favorite ROM. Of course that was back when I was flash crazed, and looking for a fit to my preferences. Can't wait for it! ;)

looking335

Nov 5, 2010

Thanks for this. Read up on TWRP and it sounds and looks great. Definitely looking forward to your Galaxy offering.

Great job spear-heading these efforts. They are appreciated.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I don't see where any of the new recoveries do anything with "itsmagic" during the install process. The new GPL complient does nothing with itsmagic. Nor do thors.

"itsmagic" is needed to recalculate the ROM checksum for the encrypted bootloader, which is verified every time you boot. Either you need to execute it (and Thors DOES do that, just read the install instructions for his 1.6 V2 recovery), or you need to incorporate its code into your recovery.

If you flash a new rom without recalculating the checksum afterwards, the checksum verification will fail and you won't be able to boot, essentially bricking the device.

pimpmaneaton

"itsmagic" is needed to recalculate the ROM checksum for the encrypted bootloader, which is verified every time you boot. Either you need to execute it (and Thors DOES do that, just read the install instructions for his 1.6 V2 recovery), or you need to incorporate its code into your recovery.

If you flash a new rom without recalculating the checksum afterwards, the checksum verification will fail and you won't be able to boot, essentially bricking the device.

If you manually install thors kernels then yes you do use itsmagic. But his flash script does not use it nor is it included in the flash zip either. I ensure you it will be tested thoroughly before its release. I have flashed virtuous galaxy with it and it booted fine.

Sent from my Sensation Rockin MIUI 1.12.16!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys just wanted to share this with you. I am working with Team Win to get a touch recovery on the A500. So far is still inop, but progress is bring made. We are gonna give another go tomorrow so wish us luck. Will keep you all posted.

Updates

1-5-12: So we are finding the using the tablet interface makes the recovery too large for our recovery partition. Team Win is probably going to have to build the recovery without an interface and then I will create a flashable zip that will flash the recovery as well as place a ui.zip on the external sdcard under twrp/theme(we can then just replace that ui.zip for different themes that come out, got a cool ICS one in mind already). The battery precentage is working but we are still working on the touch screen. New test build coming today and will have active logging enabled so that we can see more of what is happening, if touch is being recongnized but TWRP 2.0 is just not reacting to it. It's coming along though.

1-6-12: SO we got TWRP 2.0 up and running for the most part. Touch screen works and most all functions work. Get backup failures and is not sized properly but we are really, really close. Did install a rom and booted just fine. Release will be real soon, possible monday. Still have to get the resolution figured out as well, but what we have so far is very usable.

2-17.. So work on this has slowed way down due to dev on teamwin side has other projects that he is working on that is more important to him(which there is no problem with that, would just like to get this project completely going). But TWRP 2.0 has gone completely opensource. So just wondering if we can tackle this and get it up and running. We are on #twrp on freenode irc usually everyday M-F around 11am-1pm Mountain Time. If you are able and willing to help, please come and give us some fresh ideas.

3-8. Everything is working and is ready for release very soon. Some final testing and will be release. Data/media fixed and flexrom fixed. PLEASE HOLD!!

3-13. New features being added. We will have the ability to toggle back and forth between internal and external for backup location. Doing some code clean up and making sure all features are working properly. Have used it to install many roms/flashes and have yet to have any issues. It's coming along nicely. Huge thanks to Dees_Troy on TeamWin for his work on this. You da man!
    Here is a shot for the theme I am working on. And I'm sure you've probably noticed Spawn is kinda my signature. Sorry if you don't dig. Will create more later on.

Sent from my Sensation Rockin MIUI 1.12.30!