[CWM] Camera Fixer for cm9, aokp & cm10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abhishek046

Apr 11, 2012
Bangalore
Is there anyway this could be made 2 wrk fr lg p690. Our ics based aokp rom gives a "cannot connect to camera" error. Could smone/ANYONE plz help??!

Sent from my LG-P690 using xda app-developers app

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
Is there anyway this could be made 2 wrk fr lg p690. Our ics based aokp rom gives a "cannot connect to camera" error. Could smone/ANYONE plz help??!

That's a totally different phone bud. You may want to ask in the forum for your device. What was done here is the /system/cameradata was taken (I am guessing) from a stock ROM and copied over to the same folder after cm9/cm10 is installed (or more easily by flashing the zip file the OP provided). You may be able to try the same concept of copying the contents of /system/cameradata from a stock ROM to your aokp install there is no telling if that would work as these are different phones entirely. Good luck and I'd recommend asking in LG forum next time as you will likely have better luck with an answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

abhishek046

Apr 11, 2012
Bangalore
Sadly xda doesn't even have a forum for our device and our moderators have no interest in making one either!! Btw der is no cameradata folder in our phone's stock rom at all.

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
Sadly xda doesn't even have a forum for our device and our moderators have no interest in making one either!! Btw der is no cameradata folder in our phone's stock rom at all.

I see you probably need to figure out cameradata stuff and libs and whatnot. Might prove to be difficult though.. Can't help you there though sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

JDM STi

Feb 25, 2011
Toronto
Hey guys,
With the recent spring up of roms I thought I would include a camera fixer if you are having problems connecting to the sgs3 camera.
Simply flash the following file in CWM.

Thanks to id10terrordfw for the fix

Thanks for putting it up, BlackDino... not correct me if I am wrong... this patch fixed CM10 pre-07/29 which had camera issue. This patch does not fix the _camera_cannot_be_focus_ problem even with 07/29 BUILD, right?

Cheers!

answer1o1

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for putting it up, BlackDino... not correct me if I am wrong... this patch fixed CM10 pre-07/29 which had camera issue. This patch does not fix the _camera_cannot_be_focus_ problem even with 07/29 BUILD, right?

Cheers!

As long as you take your first pic with flash on (forcing the camera to focus) the focus feature will work fine until the camera app is exited.

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
So, how is this fix working, it does exactly the same after applied, if I touch to focus for a second time it freezes the camera.

russgreeno

Dec 19, 2010
Hi there.

I'm running the 10.2 beta and my camera doesn't want to work at all. On first run it loads and I can see the camera preview, but taking a photo causes it to freeze. From then on booting the camera app results in the can't connect to camera error. Sadly this zip didn't change anything for me, but I'll be very interested to try an updated version if you have time to make one.

Unbranded UK i9300 running 10.2

Rokonacdc

Jul 8, 2013
This didn't work on my d2att running the latest Illusion ROM and bootloader /modem. It opens with a grey screen and the "couldn't connect" message pops up.

Reactions: thekenderman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts