[Q] Stuck at verizon boot screen after editing someting in /system/etc

Search This thread

andihow

Jul 5, 2014
Hi guys, I'm new here and I think I just messed somethin up.
I just rooted my G2 verizon last night but didn't install a custom recovery, just some apps and xposed.
Was tinkering around in xposed a bit and making a few changes to the statusbar etc while listening to some music. I realized the music was way too low and when i'm out in public i can barely hear it on my headphones, so i searched up an article that walks you through steps to boost the volume:

hxxp:// opensourcegangster .com/blog/2014/3/23/android-sound-mod-boost-speaker-and-headphone-volume

basically followed the steps in here, edited the XML and then powered down to reboot.

now the phone just gets stuck at the verizon screen forever. i get passed the LG logo. then verizon logo continues to animate and never freezes up, but i've left it on for 20+ minutes and the thing just wont get past the verizon logo. i'm thinking this can be resolved by clearing some sort of cache but i dont have a custom recovery installed. i even got lazy and decided to bite the bullet and just do a hard reset, but when i do, i see the little android logo, and then the lg logo, and then back to the verizon logo.

have no idea where to go from here
halp.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
U will have to flash back to stock. Unfortunately u will loose all pics and files on your phone since this will wipe everything.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nookin

Mar 24, 2012
I am having a similar issue. Verizon G2, rooted months ago. I haven't done anything unusual lately.

Today, while using Chrome, the phone freezed and rebooted in a few seconds. Everything back to normal.

But then at night, after it is done charging, I noticed the phone freezed again. I picked up the phone and there were no response - black screen with green indicator light (I think it means charge complete). So I long pressed the power button. But then the boot ended at Verizon logo. I can see the Verizon logo animation but it remains there forever. Any way to recover?