FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th July 2013, 05:26 AM |#111  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 9

More
westone 3 request
wow this thread is amazinglg. this is just what I was waiting for with viper. I would gladly donate since I think I have somewhat uncommon headphones. they're westone3 triple driver in ear buds.I found the frequency response graph http://goldenears.net/board/69859.
The Following User Says Thank You to killablack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killablack Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 05:31 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
I originally used your Koss Portapro IR on my phone, and it's fantastic, and I recently decided to use it in Foobar. I downloaded the Convolver component, renamed the IR to .wav, and loaded it up, and the sound quality has increased tenfold. Thank you so much for what you're doing Joe. I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to glman1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift glman1 Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 07:18 AM |#113  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killablack

wow this thread is amazinglg. this is just what I was waiting for with viper. I would gladly donate since I think I have somewhat uncommon headphones. they're westone3 triple driver in ear buds.I found the frequency response graph http://goldenears.net/board/69859.

Actually somebody else had already made a request for the Westone 3 and there was some discussion about it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

Was thinking of doing this next but just checked their measurement and they are pretty wonky e.g. They appear to have way too much midbass and a big suckout around 3kHz that would make female vocals and electric guitars lose all their bite. Do you hear them that way? Also do you use silicone or foam tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_boy555

My opinions on the Westone 3.. The mids sound rather thin.. Bass is with the oomph but lacks the punch and tightness. That's what I feel..

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

But the one who requested them said the bass needs more power, and I looked at the graph for the w3 and went

I'll do a by-the-graph correction file first and see how it goes from there--but do you use foam or silicone tips? The bass response supposedly differs greatly depending on this

If you would still like to donate you could help me out with the paypal trouble and have the honor of being the first donor
Try the donate to me button and if you get the same error as bobdoblo could you pm me the screenshot of the whole page?
And then I'll see if sending requests for money manually to your email works.
If you help me sort this out you may get something more... tangible than a correction IRS file
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 07:43 AM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 21,162

More
Quote:

If you would still like to donate you could help me out with the paypal trouble and have the honor of being the first donor
Try the donate to me button and if you get the same error as bobdoblo could you pm me the screenshot of the whole page?
And then I'll see if sending requests for money manually to your email works.
If you help me sort this out you may get something more...

Tried again, got full screen.

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374817360382.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2143927  
26th July 2013, 08:07 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Aww bummer Thanks for the thought though!

Added the .e-q file

So you got V4A to work? That's quite a request list you have there Probably only the SRH840 has been measured though

Tyll measured the Pioneer SE-A1000.

the setting in Poweramp "Direct Volume Control" was interfering with V4A. When turned off, V4A works properly.
26th July 2013, 09:12 AM |#116  
OP Senior Member

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdoblo

Tried again, got full screen.

Thanks mate! I called customer service and was told that the donate button doesn't work for Asia-Pacific regions
However I was able to receive money in other paypal transactions before

The answer is, people can still send me money, if they send money directly to my paypal account email (e.g. by logging in their own paypal and clicking "send money" and entering my email as the recipient) instead of using the donate button

Anyone who donates to my account will get expedited headphone irs creation as a matter of course but if you donate $20 or more, or donate $10 or more even after receiving a profile, you will receive:
1. Refit service: based on your description of the sound I can continue to tweak the IRS to tailor it specifically to your ears, including customizing resonance peak compensation according to your reports from playing with Sinegen and other tools I will talk about
2. A special pair of IEMs that come with their own IRS profile
These IEMs sound wonderful with IRS applied and are an abomination to conventional wisdom in hi-fi that have 100% geek appeal and will turn the world upside down for any audiophile who was closed-minded about digital effects for music listening if they give these a listen, with and then without their custom IRS This is the Sleeper4Android project that you were wondering about, bobdoblo Basically, I have found a way to profile a pair of headphones without the $$$$$ dummy-head-with-in-ear-microphone and will be applying it to no-name cheap IEMs that have atrocious stock sound but show potential behind their warped frequency response I will post at length about this in a coming post

I know this is purely anecdotal to you guys who weren't there, but I prepared these gems at a big headphone meet in Shenzhen, China and representatives from two different audio companies pegged these things at over RMB1000 (around 160USD) in value Which may not sound like much, but they assumed these would be Chinese-made sets selling in China, which gets a substantial markdown compared to overseas sale. And if you knew how much I actually got them for... well me being able to mail them to you for $10 should clue you in to that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 10:01 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 21,162

More
Sounds great joe, gotta try these:thumbup:

Sorted, confirmation number 9JT52919K2475234S

26th July 2013, 10:10 AM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thanks Joe, You're awesome!!!
26th July 2013, 10:13 AM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 1,000

More
Do you think that the IEMs you're selling give a better sound than my IE2's with the IRS that you made for me (which is really great :thumbup?
26th July 2013, 10:18 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdoblo

Sounds great joe, gotta try these:thumbup:

Sorted, confirmation number 9JT52919K2475234S

Wow, you sure have faith in me, I haven't even posted anything about these mystery IEMs and you've already paid for them

Here's a pic of them in all their glory I call them the Sleeper4Android S4A-01
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 10:56 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight35

Do you think that the IEMs you're selling give a better sound than my IE2's with the IRS that you made for me (which is really great :thumbup?

Please regard it as a gift of appreciation for your donation, not a "selling", which is a sensitive word

I dare not comment, because both phones have been IRS optimized... but the S4A-01 should have better bass extension thanks to its conventional IEM design and IEM seal, compared to the open earbud-IEM hybrid design of the IE2...

Limitations of the S4A-01:
-dollar-store build: while I think the housing itself looks pretty good, the cable and the damping material over the nozzle leaves something to be desired, shall we say But it's sonically a good thing that there's damping at all over the nozzle
-no packaging or accessories: to save on shipping, I shall be putting these directly in envelopes and mailing them as air mail. As far as I know they only come with the one pair of tips shown, so if these don't fit, you have to find something that does.
-isolation and microphonics: as shown in the picture, they are semi-open at the back, and do not isolate outside noises that well. I use a shirt clip with them and microphonics is manageable, but probably above average.
-supported devices only: I'll post EQ and convolver settings for use with the S4A-01 on computers, but you better make sure you are running a computer player (such as foobar2000) or an android with V4A or other supported software if you want to listen to them seriously

Advantages of S4A-01:
-Audiophile WTF-factor: the sound difference before and after applying the V4A is just unreal. The corrected sound is not just "good for a dollar store earphone", but "good", period.
-More Audiophile WTF-factor: with V4A running, the S4A-01 will sound great while practically any other phone plugged into your android will sound atrocious. If you play a song someone is not familiar with, he may conclude that his $$$ pair of phones is having a really bad day and look at them in dismay
-Even more audiophile WTF-factor: for additional WTF-ness, my demo pair of S4A-01 was wired wrong so that the left and right buds are out of phase with each other. This is corrected for in the S4A-01i irs profile. If you're so lucky as to get a phase-inverted pair just like me and load this profile, every other phone plugged into your android will sound plain broken
-potential for improvement: though I've profiled these phones with my own ears using my patent-pending "human spectrum analyzer(tm)", I plan to ship a few pairs of these to Rin Choi, famous headphone reviewer and critic, to measure using real equipment. If and when he posts the results for these phones, I can tune them to the best new Olive-Welti sound tuning curve out there and they may sound even better than they do now
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)