FORUMS

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,622

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2015, 06:04 PM |#18201  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 24,729

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

I think you may be thinking of the one that says; "Processing". The "Enabled" one should say "Yes" if the driver is working.

I'm extremely familiar with v4afx and v4axhifi, when using both on my devices v4afx will always say enabled with no music playing, however, xhifi always showed not enabled with no music playing. Play some music and xhifi is suddenly enabled and processing. I don't post much but when I do it's with plenty of confidence, otherwise I'll let someone else post the necessary/requested information.
2nd May 2015, 08:18 PM |#18202  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardedhero

I'm extremely familiar with v4afx and v4axhifi, when using both on my devices v4afx will always say enabled with no music playing, however, xhifi always showed not enabled with no music playing. Play some music and xhifi is suddenly enabled and processing. I don't post much but when I do it's with plenty of confidence, otherwise I'll let someone else post the necessary/requested information.

I was thinking of FX, no doubt. And based on your word, I set it all for XHiFi and rebooted. Then I loaded the music player I usually use (Music Folder Player Full, by ZorillaSoft), started playing a song, flipped back and checked out XHiFi and sure enough, it said; "Enabled"! You were right!

So apparently, I've actually had it working since running the "SELinux2" Apk and just didn't know it! <lol>

I want to say a sincere and very big; "Thank You!". I really appreciate your help! I really do! Without your knowledge of this fact, I'd still be pulling my hair out, probably for some time to come et!

May I ask you just one question, please? If I am using XHiFi, do I need to even have FX on my device? Thank You!
2nd May 2015, 08:49 PM |#18203  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was thinking of FX, no doubt. And based on your word, I set it all for XHiFi and rebooted. Then I loaded the music player I usually use (Music Folder Player Full, by ZorillaSoft), started playing a song, flipped back and checked out XHiFi and sure enough, it said; "Enabled"! You were right!

So apparently, I've actually had it working since running the "SELinux2" Apk and just didn't know it! <lol>

I want to say a sincere and very big; "Thank You!". I really appreciate your help! I really do! Without your knowledge of this fact, I'd still be pulling my hair out, probably for some time to come et!

May I ask you just one question, please? If I am using XHiFi, do I need to even have FX on my device? Thank You!

I would not use xhifi alone as I depend on the covolver function in v4afx, v4afx will always be mandatory for me. Also mandatory for me is ExtremeBeats 4.1, also found in this forum section. V4afx and ExtremeBeats 4.1 has been the best combo I've ever tried with other combinations of mods. I used xhifi along with v4a fx and ExtremeBeats for a long time but I definitely noticed an improvement disabling xhifi. In my setup, I noticed that xhifi simply added too much " noise" to the overall audio.

And you're very welcome, with hobbies like this it's easy for us to create our own "problems" lol.
2nd May 2015, 11:05 PM |#18204  

More
Quote:

I would not use xhifi alone as I depend on the covolver function in v4afx, v4afx will always be mandatory for me. Also mandatory for me is ExtremeBeats 4.1, also found in this forum section. V4afx and ExtremeBeats 4.1 has been the best combo I've ever tried with other combinations of mods. I used xhifi along with v4a fx and ExtremeBeats for a long time but I definitely noticed an improvement disabling xhifi. In my setup, I noticed that xhifi simply added too much " noise" to the overall audio.

And you're very welcome, with hobbies like this it's easy for us to create our own "problems" lol.

Yes and I'm great at creating my own! Hahaha!

But if you'll forgive my ignorance one more time, I am a little confused by what you said. Don't get me wrong, I am taking your word for it and leaving both on my device. I just don't understand what you mean by "using them in combination".

I.e., don't you have to pick one or the other? FX, or XHiFi?

And just so I know I'm clear, by "V4A, you mean that file? Because there's 2 FX files (I only kept the one with the "4" in it).

Sorry. I didn't mean to bother you again, but then you had to go and say something knowledgeable again! So I'm blaming you this time! <lol>
2nd May 2015, 11:15 PM |#18205  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
You're good, I used both at the same time. Since being on lollipop on n5 and now having n6 since launch, the option of choosing audio effects in phone settings is gone. I installed v4 fx and xhifi as user apps like normal and installed drivers and rebooted. I then used L*cky P*tch*r to move both to system. Once I verified both were working I uninstalled L*cky P*tch*r.

I found from another user that the 32 bit processing from xhifi was still downsampled before output so I disabled xhifi and fiddled with v4a fx a lil bit and instantly found the audio quality superior to all that time insisting on using xhifi.

I strongly recommend flashing ExtremeBeats 4.1, trust me.
2nd May 2015, 11:45 PM |#18206  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Quote:

Wow, you weren't kidding about extreme beats. Sweet mother of Lady Gaga...
2nd May 2015, 11:52 PM |#18207  

More
Quote:

You're good, I used both at the same time. Since being on lollipop on n5 and now having n6 since launch, the option of choosing audio effects in phone settings is gone. I installed v4 fx and xhifi as user apps like normal and installed drivers and rebooted. I then used L*cky P*tch*r to move both to system. Once I verified both were working I uninstalled L*cky P*tch*r.

I found from another user that the 32 bit processing from xhifi was still downsampled before output so I disabled xhifi and fiddled with v4a fx a lil bit and instantly found the audio quality superior to all that time insisting on using xhifi.

I strongly recommend flashing ExtremeBeats 4.1, trust me.

Okay, but with all due respect, my new friend, that doesn't clear up for me what you mean by using them both at the same time.

So I flash eXBts and then what? I mean, how do I then, "pick them both", you see what I'm saying? Even when you were talking about V4A & XHiFi, you mentioned doing that, but I don't understand how you would do that?

Like, do you mean that by opening both apps and enabling both apps, it makes them both active, even though you can only pick one in your phone's settings?

You have me intrigued by eXtremeBeats, so I'm just trying to understand, ya know? I won't be insulted if you talk to me like I'm 6. You canht insult someone in that way, when they alrready know their stupid.
3rd May 2015, 12:03 AM |#18208  
Flag Little Rock

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay, but with all due respect, my new friend, that doesn't clear up for me what you mean by using them both at the same time.

So I flash eXBts and then what? I mean, how do I then, "pick them both", you see what I'm saying? Even when you were talking about V4A & XHiFi, you mentioned doing that, but I don't understand how you would do that?

Like, do you mean that by opening both apps and enabling both apps, it makes them both active, even though you can only pick one in your phone's settings?

You have me intrigued by eXtremeBeats, so I'm just trying to understand, ya know? I won't be insulted if you talk to me like I'm 6. You canht insult someone in that way, when they alrready know their stupid.

Everything just works together as it's all system wide. ExtremeBeats runs in background, no apps or icons or settings. V4a fx along with ExtremeBeats 4.1 is all you need.
3rd May 2015, 12:38 AM |#18209  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 415

Donate to Me
More
I got question ; viper4android works for me on note 4 910F lollipop 5.2. But on my tab s 10.5 it's not. Are they any similar thing for tab s? To get better volume and sound?
3rd May 2015, 01:38 AM |#18210  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebomurkn420

I know I have seen this issue addressed somewhere before, but has anyone found a fix or ROM that has screen casting (mirroring) with chromecast?

the actual the reason for screen casting to stop working are the custom audio effects and policy .conf files that enable V4A to work with any streaming apps. nobody with experience looked into it though as far as i know.
3rd May 2015, 02:04 AM |#18211  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samccfl99

Ok, so I am going to try this once more. There is a lot of yelling in here about this topic, i have seen, which is not very nice. I know how to research. I READ THE OP. i know how to tear my phone down to KK NCE and then back up to whatever. So as my signature says, i have a wonderful locked BL ATT S5 (G900A). As you all have heard many times (i did research), it does not seem to work on our phones. i have heard this is due to the fact that we lost control over Permissive mode going to the OC4 (5.0) kernel. IS THIS TRUE? please answer. if this IS the answer then i will go away. if this is not the answer, does anyone know how to fix it? Yes i read the post about the 3 (well really 2 zips). no i have not tried it. yes i have a backup. many and more than one way to restore, but still i am asking. So i dont know what the samsung music player is, but if it is MUSIC, then it is frozen. SoundAlive, whatever that is, is frozen. app installs. driver installs. install and run at boot the useless SeLinux Mode changer app and set to Permissive. Reboot. Start playing song using Poweramp. Open Viper, setup, and soon as enable, POOF, MUSIC PAUSES AND STOPS PLAYING, but music can be unpaused and starts playing after disabling Viper. Is there any direction or is the answer Permissive mode is needed? They are working on it now, but who knows when it will be fixed. Many of you are very lucky to have an unlocked phone to do whatever you want with. WE cant replace the bootloader or Kernel to whatever we want to.

SO THANK YOU FOR INDULGING ME IF YOU GOT DOWN TO HERE AND DO NO YELL PLEASE. AGAIN, I TRIED MANY TIMES TO FIND THE ANSWER. THANK YOU ALL.

I have the exact same issue. Driver shows
nothing is enabled, status abnormal etc. Tried everything here, except I am not even as versed; I can't find a Samsung music app - anyone share what the app name is in titanium or on the app drawer? the OP has a lot of information, but i already installed it before reading to uninstall it (buried in a sub-question) could use direction / verification that this even works on a samsung sprint s5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)