792 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,966

Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2013, 08:39 AM |#271  
Recognized Developer
Flag Donetsk
Thanks Meter: 1,843

More
install last nightly . that problem was fixed yesterday http://review.evervolv.com/#/c/8283/
The Following User Says Thank You to coderzs For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th July 2013, 04:13 AM |#272  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,344

More
Does Google Voice Search and the Play Store work on the latest nightly?

I'm trying to assist someone in fixing this and I don't have access to the device to test anything myself. He says all the Google Apps are giving a force close error. This is on a fresh install.
14th July 2013, 06:29 AM |#273  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

Does Google Voice Search and the Play Store work on the latest nightly?

I'm trying to assist someone in fixing this and I don't have access to the device to test anything myself. He says all the Google Apps are giving a force close error. This is on a fresh install.

Had the same issue fixed it by removing voice search and Google search. Reinstall just Google search from the store after clearing app data if needed to stop the FC. Hope that helps.

Having issues setting the CPU speeds in the included toolbox. Setcpu is working. Anyone else have that issue?
16th July 2013, 03:40 AM |#274  
Flag 湖南长沙
Thanks Meter: 18

More
This ROM is very good, not your job, glaciers do not have access to the latest version of ANDROID, I would like to ask, what time we will have a stable version? As far as I am concerned, I think CM, AOKP may be even more popular, why don't you choose them?
sorry my english

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using xda premium
16th July 2013, 05:52 AM |#275  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ⅠSmile™^_^

This ROM is very good, not your job, glaciers do not have access to the latest version of ANDROID, I would like to ask, what time we will have a stable version? As far as I am concerned, I think CM, AOKP may be even more popular, why don't you choose them?
sorry my english

Stable version is being talked about. We are getting close. But why build cm/aokp when everyone uses my work to make those roms available to you guys. I'll stick to Evervolv, its where i belong. Semi small team with good communication and hell we have brought 3 devices from the grave with this kernel (vivow,speedy, and mecha). We are beasts with legacy devices. Plus the features of aokp/cm/pac dont interest me. I like my experience with ev, smooth ui, not overpacked with features, and i like the lockscreen evolution we have. I run this on my s2 also. I will be releasing nightlies of that real soon if you have a t989
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elginsk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elginsk8r Ad-Free
16th July 2013, 06:18 AM |#276  
Flag 湖南长沙
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elginsk8r

Stable version is being talked about. We are getting close. But why build cm/aokp when everyone uses my work to make those roms available to you guys. I'll stick to Evervolv, its where i belong. Semi small team with good communication and hell we have brought 3 devices from the grave with this kernel (vivow,speedy, and mecha). We are beasts with legacy devices. Plus the features of aokp/cm/pac dont interest me. I like my experience with ev, smooth ui, not overpacked with features, and i like the lockscreen evolution we have. I run this on my s2 also. I will be releasing nightlies of that real soon if you have a t989

Thank you, I know. Very glad you enjoy what you do now. Because I also like this ROM, and also used for a long time. I really want to put this ROM for daily use! About CM and AOKP is just one of my question, actually, I am also a bit more like pure ROM!

17th July 2013, 08:33 PM |#277  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Nightlies will be back tomorrow. On a side note i have updated notes on the first page about the new updater utility in the rom.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elginsk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elginsk8r Ad-Free
17th July 2013, 09:35 PM |#278  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

Nightlies will be back tomorrow. On a side note i have updated notes on the first page about the new updater utility in the rom.

Thanks for all the hard work elgin. Any chance of supporting 4ext? If it is a bunch of work, then don't bother as it is easy enough to download and reboot to recovery for flash. I'm also guessing it is slow going or very low priority for headphone heat behind other reboot and other driver bugs. I wish I knew more so I could help...

Keep up the good work!
17th July 2013, 10:16 PM |#279  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchill11

Thanks for all the hard work elgin. Any chance of supporting 4ext? If it is a bunch of work, then don't bother as it is easy enough to download and reboot to recovery for flash. I'm also guessing it is slow going or very low priority for headphone heat behind other reboot and other driver bugs. I wish I knew more so I could help...

Keep up the good work!

I would love to help with the headphone issue. but all i get out of the user is a "me too" or "it's very annoying." That itself makes problem solving this riddle difficult. Along very little information found via dmesg and logcat that could lead to a fix. Now I might be missing something but I am decent at debugging and have be unsuccessful at finding a solution to this. It seems all other 7x30 devices (vivow, speedy, mecha) are fine with the code.

As for the additional recoveries compatibility, these will be address based on popularity. since cwm is the most popular it will be the first to get going. 4ext should have no issues once the cwm changes are made/implemented.
17th July 2013, 10:58 PM |#280  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I would love to help with the headphone issue. but all i get out of the user is a "me too" or "it's very annoying." That itself makes problem solving this riddle difficult. Along very little information found via dmesg and logcat that could lead to a fix. Now I might be missing something but I am decent at debugging and have be unsuccessful at finding a solution to this. It seems all other 7x30 devices (vivow, speedy, mecha) are fine with the code.

As for the additional recoveries compatibility, these will be address based on popularity. since cwm is the most popular it will be the first to get going. 4ext should have no issues once the cwm changes are made/implemented.

Would logcat and dmesg from kernels with and without overheat issue be helpful, or just the latest evervolv? I want to get you the information you need to help fix this and not just be a "me too". I hope I didn't come across like that. I am currently running coderz .64 which is the latest kernel for glacier w/o overheat, but it has some other issues.

Oh damn, it's beer:30
18th July 2013, 12:08 AM |#281  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchill11

Would logcat and dmesg from kernels with and without overheat issue be helpful, or just the latest evervolv? I want to get you the information you need to help fix this and not just be a "me too". I hope I didn't come across like that. I am currently running coderz .64 which is the latest kernel for glacier w/o overheat, but it has some other issues.

Oh damn, it's beer:30

logcats and dmesg comparing the 2 could prove useful. Especially since I had no heat issues when i started this kernel and up to around the time coderz started picking up on my kernel (coderz 3.0.64 kernel). Then I had started to bring the board code to be more inline with official boards code/structure which is when this apparent issue started.

I will not however go fishing through a initial commit kernel (i know some ppl have uploaded my kernel as their initial commit) and it pisses me off when im sent to look there. I will send a big F*** You to anyone who tries and pull that **** with me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)